#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #29
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Composites View Post
Russ Taylor with Z28 Racing (check Fbook) runs a 5th Gen Camaro in SCCA T2 class and also does NASA (which has finals this week). He runs our hood, fenders, doors, dry roof and rear decklid. the weight savings was displaced with the added rollcage and rear wing structure. but he did save about 150 lbs. with the carbon swap.
Yeah I will check that out. Thanks.
Yeah my buddy is raced in the "run offs" in Sonoma CA this past weekend.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #30
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
Yeah I will check that out. Thanks.
Yeah my buddy is raced in the "run offs" in Sonoma CA this past weekend.
?? This years Runoffs are next month, October 16-21.

I met a guy at Daytona this past May that had built his 1LE to run in T2. I didn't realize that 2016 and later V8 Camaros (SS & 1LE) are required to run a 60mm flat plate restrictor in T2.
T1 Camaros with the LT1 engine have to run a 65mm restrictor!
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #31
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Go find Robert Weathers on FB, he has a yellow 1LE that has went thru just about every bolt on and prototype mod you can put on a 1LE.

He is running Carbon Fiber hood, front fenders, and doors. he also has some super light 19" wheels, after-market MRC dampers along with a bunch of other lighter than stock things I cant remember.

He has his car down to around 35xx lbs.

Short of pulling every bit of the interior not needed I think it is going to be hard to get much further under 35xx lbs. As said, pulling the HVAC system, rear seats and panels might get another 100lbs off of the car.

If I had to guess I would bet Robert has at least an additional $20k into his car over the purchase price.
Robert Weathers actually got his car down to around 3400 lbs with nothing more than CF doors, fenders, hood, lighter rims (18-19” instead of 20”), DSCSport RT coilovers, BMR suspension components, rear seat delete, lighter race seats and a few engine mods. That’s around 400lbs and still has all creature comforts of a street car.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #32
NickyRacerBoy

Ttt
Old 10-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #33
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
Robert Weathers actually got his car down to around 3400 lbs with nothing more than CF doors, fenders, hood, lighter rims (18-19” instead of 20”), DSCSport RT coilovers, BMR suspension components, rear seat delete, lighter race seats and a few engine mods. That’s around 400lbs and still has all creature comforts of a street car.
You mean louder noise because of the rear seat delete, losing heated/cooled seats or the power-options, the entire doors or just the body panels? If the entire doors, then are all the features kept? Lose electrically adjustable suspension, etc...

It sounds like you do lose some stuff from the street car. Nothing comes without compromise, whether it's money or features.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #34
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
I had my driver's seat out yesterday to widen the lower seat bolsters, and decided to weigh it while it was out.

Sixty freaking pounds!

All I need is one seat position, and I don't need a bunch of motors to get me there.

Nigel

Last edited by Whitespeed; 10-10-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #35
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
You mean louder noise because of the rear seat delete, losing heated/cooled seats or the power-options, the entire doors or just the body panels? If the entire doors, then are all the features kept? Lose electrically adjustable suspension, etc...

It sounds like you do lose some stuff from the street car. Nothing comes without compromise, whether it's money or features.
Actually it’s a 2017 so it doesn’t have heated/cooled seats. And yes just the door body panels and it retained all the features that oem doors have. His car is a beast and take it from experience. With rear seat delete it’s not a lot more noisy and with the RT coilovers they’re still MRC shocks that maintain adjustability with mode change switch. You can change the ride quality to anything you want with hundreds of different inputs through the MRC ecu.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:15 AM   #36
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
Actually it’s a 2017 so it doesn’t have heated/cooled seats. And yes just the door body panels and it retained all the features that oem doors have. His car is a beast and take it from experience. With rear seat delete it’s not a lot more noisy and with the RT coilovers they’re still MRC shocks that maintain adjustability with mode change switch. You can change the ride quality to anything you want with hundreds of different inputs through the MRC ecu.

Actually this is wrong, all of the 1LE Recaro seats have the heated and cooling stuff in them. They are the exact same seat the ZL1 uses except for the seat cover has been changed out and we dont have the controller system in place to use them.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #37
georgez32

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE, GC8 STI, SG5 Forester
what about carbon ceramic rotors, would it be possible to run the z/28 rotors and calipers? that could be another 40-50 lbs
georgez32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:36 PM   #38
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez32 View Post
what about carbon ceramic rotors, would it be possible to run the z/28 rotors and calipers? that could be another 40-50 lbs
If it fit, and I don't know if it does or not, it would be awesome. Unsprung rotating mass is the worst, but the $$$$ per lb shed would be astronomical.

I like your thinking though.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #39
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez32 View Post
You would have to be hardcore to want to run the carbon ceramic rotors, those things are easily $1000 each brand new. They work great on the track once they are heated up from what I've heard people say that have them on their Vette, but they are harsh on day to day driving due to being grabby.

Someone had a post up awhile back about changing out the rotor rings, it is possible to drop around 5lbs per corner from what I read with different rotor rings.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:47 AM   #40
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
You would have to be hardcore to want to run the carbon ceramic rotors, those things are easily $1000 each brand new. They work great on the track once they are heated up from what I've heard people say that have them on their Vette, but they are harsh on day to day driving due to being grabby.

Someone had a post up awhile back about changing out the rotor rings, it is possible to drop around 5lbs per corner from what I read with different rotor rings.
My 16 GT3RS has ceramics and could only wish they $1000 each. One of the reasons i bought the camaro.

You bring up good point about reat two piece rotors. Anyone know who makes a set? I ssarched and sesrched with no luck.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:32 AM   #41
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
My 16 GT3RS has ceramics and could only wish they $1000 each. One of the reasons i bought the camaro.

You bring up good point about reat two piece rotors. Anyone know who makes a set? I ssarched and sesrched with no luck.
Racingbrake has 2-piece steel rotors, front and rear, in the stock 1LE sizes, also stock SS sizes and stock ZL1 sizes. Not cheap of course, and then they list the carbons like a Z/28, nice weight savings but crazy money. As I recall, one of the forum members had a set of the steel rotors on his ZL1 for track use and liked them.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote