Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #211
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Well well well.... What do we have here???

Sorry my friend I have to do it! Little joke!
LMAO, that was good. classic
Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #212
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Well well well.... What do we have here???

Sorry my friend I have to do it! Little joke!
That explains why you were in my public profile. It crossed my mind but never quite could pull the trigger, opted to get the real thing. Gary has amazing work and wanted to continue to do business with him since I've spent $3000 prior for his work. So happy I didn't pull the trigger though. No clone, 100% authentic here buddy, just couldn't do it though. there are however some tastefully done Camaros with ZL1 front ends out there. (AustinJames, Kevin, lukeko to name a few)

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 02-03-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #213
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
That explains why you were in my public profile. It crossed my mind but never quite could pull the trigger, opted to get the real thing. Gary has amazing work and wanted to continue to do business with him since I've spent $3000 prior for his work. So happy I didn't pull the trigger though. No clone, 100% authentic here buddy, just couldn't do it though. there are however some tastefully done Camaros with ZL1 front ends out there. (Austin James, Kevin, to name a few)
I'm going to buy the front and I was reading when I cross with your post... I couldn't resist the temptation! But honest it's just for fun! I you! BUT! I'll be one of those clones! Just need the hood and the wheels...
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #214
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
I'm going to buy the front and I was reading when I cross with your post... I couldn't resist the temptation! But honest it's just for fun! I you! BUT! I'll be one of those clones! Just need the hood and the wheels...
Go for it! To each his own. BUT in order to be a clone those tail lights need to come off, Ill take them off your hands!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #215
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed View Post
Although I have a ZL1 fascia and wheels, I think it is Chevy's best interest to make the parts exclusive to ZL1 owners. I mean it would help their ZL1 sales. People would be like "damn i need to save up for a ZL1" instead of "damn I just need that bumper and i'm good." Just make it so that a vin is needed to get the ZL1 parts. While getting the parts of other models is cool, it takes away the exclusivess that the ZL1 owners deserve. If I paid so much money for a ZL1 I would feel the same way as the op.
I think they have zero problem selling ZL1's, they cant keep them on the lots and they are selling them with as much as 10k markups.......so actually allowing just anyone to buy the ZL1 parts is in GM's best interest......
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #216
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I think they have zero problem selling ZL1's, they cant keep them on the lots and they are selling them with as much as 10k markups.......so actually allowing just anyone to buy the ZL1 parts is in GM's best interest......
Actually there are quite a few ZL1's that are left on dealer lots lol
Old 02-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #217
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Actually there are quite a few ZL1's that are left on dealer lots lol
where did you pull that info from? I show the listing of ZL1's of being less than 1 percent (lowest measurable value) of available Camaro's.....Whats you definition of quite a few?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #218
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Another person pissed because it's cheaper to supercharge an SS, and slap on the ZL1 stickers. Also, in my opinion, the ZL1 is WAY over priced. I'll take a vette for that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
where did you pull that info from? I show the listing of ZL1's of being less than 1 percent (lowest measurable value) of available Camaro's.....Whats you definition of quite a few?
I've got seven within 75 miles within me.........they are very common in Texas....and according to my brother, who works at a dealer, they have had a black one for sixty days......the longest run for a ZL1 in Texas without selling.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #219
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Another person pissed because it's cheaper to supercharge an SS, and slap on the ZL1 stickers. Also, in my opinion, the ZL1 is WAY over priced. I'll take a vette for that much.

I've got seven within 75 miles within me.........they are very common in Texas....and according to my brother, who works at a dealer, they have had a black one for sixty days......the longest run for a ZL1 in Texas without selling.
Are they new? GM archives say that in 2012 1889 where made, 1864 were purchased as of August. So if you have that many new ones that close you are in an odd concentration of them. Not every dealer even got allocations for them....
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #220
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Have you ever cross-shopped the two?

A ZL1 will handily out-perform a base-model C6 outfitted similary....for less. And it performs on par with a Grand Sport...again, though, for much less once you add similar options.

Of course, we can then include incentives in the discussion...but even then they're still very close, and in the Camaro, you get a more "well-rounded" car.

No, it's not for everybody, and yes - it does include standard a lot of things many people don't want/need...but the ZL1 is MUCH more than a supercharger and stickers. I'm actually a little shocked this is still believed to be the case by anybody...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #221
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...let me say this about all the contarists and nay sayers on the ZL1 and modifying other cars. Yes, you can buy an SS, modify it, put a SC on it, and go faster at whatever metric you choose to. But in the end it will feel just like you did that, not a seemless glove in hand fit smooth and even form and function machine like the ZL1.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #222
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
It has Camaro on it. That means it's good enough for me. No matter what the trim level.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #223
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Go for it! To each his own. BUT in order to be a clone those tail lights need to come off, Ill take them off your hands!
Speaking of that, did you get the trunk ZL1 emblem I sent you?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 02-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #224
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:

I've owned 4 2SS's, I don't need you to tell me its cheaper to S/C a SS. I simply choose not to go that route. In anycase, I have no regrets in my decision. You know what keeps me warm at night? My warranty. As far as them being common in Texas, I'm sure they are. But they aren't common in my area. Just depends on what region of the US your in honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Speaking of that, did you get the trunk ZL1 emblem I sent you?
Sorry for the late reply, I thought this thread was dead. lol. But yes! Thank you, very much!

Closed Thread