Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
WHODATDYLAN

Drives: Camaro 1LS
How bad is visibility?

Okay so I am 19 and I am buying my first car! I love how the camaros feel and sound but I noticed how bad the visibility was when I test drove. Do any of you have any problems with the visibility of the car? Also, do you believe this car is good as a daily driver? I will be driving back in fourth to school, about a 40 minute drive. Thanks guys!
WHODATDYLAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Dylan, if you adjust your mirrors properly, and be aware of the "blind spot" in you passanger side rear quarter panel, your fine.......

oh and btw......Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
I can see outta mine just fine, but I'm an experienced driver and I know how to adjust my mirrors to see into my blind spots. And I daily drive my SS to work but I'm sure your mommy (or you either for that matter) isn't gonna want to foot that gas bill for premium so maybe a v6 is more your taste?
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I noticed the visibility issue when I first drove the new Camaro. The 2nd time I test drove one, the visibility issue was NOT an issue. It does take some getting used to and setting up your mirrors properly to have good visibility.

This car makes an excellent daily driver. I drive mine everywhere in rain, snow, or shine. It has never failed me!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
3 years, 51,000 miles, what blind spot? If you know how to use mirrors there is none.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Took me 2 hours to get used to this car. Literally, everyone gets used to it in a day or two
Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
70,000 miles and no issues here. It is a weird feeling at first as if you are in a box with small holes cut in it. Learn to set your mirrors correctly so that when something leaves your rear view it appears in your side mirrors. You should see as little Camaro as possible in them. I never look back I simply use my mirrors properly and have never had a close call.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
WHODATDYLAN

I am so excited! I have had 48 hours to decide on whether or not to get my car but with all your help already, I think I know what I'm doing. It was between an Altima and a Camaro and I really don't want to be stuck driving an Altima. If the visibility really is a non issue as all of you have said, than my choice is easy. The car I'm getting is a 2012 Silver 1LS.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
WHODATDYLAN

Thank you for the warm welcome with all of your responses!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Go for it. You will get used to the visibility issue and you will love the new car. Welcome to the group.
Witchdoctor92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHODATDYLAN View Post
Okay so I am 19 and I am buying my first car! I love how the camaros feel and sound but I noticed how bad the visibility was when I test drove. Do any of you have any problems with the visibility of the car? Also, do you believe this car is good as a daily driver? I will be driving back in fourth to school, about a 40 minute drive. Thanks guys!
You will quickly get used to any visibilty issues.

And, your drive will now be only four minutes... 10 times as fun, but much shorter.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
5cents
Dave

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS - Black/CGM Stripes
I can't believe all these "experienced" drivers on here telling you that they don't have any visibility issues.

Tell you what, I've been driving for 30+ years, and even with the "mirrors adjusted properly", I have problems backing up. I hate relying on the back-up sensors to warn me about how close I'm getting to an object. I wish now I had the back-up camera option.

You have to rely entirely on your mirrors for lane changing moves, there is absolutely no side visibility on the Camaro. The rear seat right side window might as well be solid metal, cause you can't see a thing out of it.

How close are you to an object with the right front fender? Cross your fingers baby, and go!!!! It's impossible to see the right front fender.

Sure, it's something you get used to, and you learn to live with the Camaro's visibility shortcomings. So, in my opinion, visibility in the Camaro sucks.
Attached Images

5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Visibility is an issue...you get used to it, but its still an issue.

I've had two close calls changing lanes on the freeway..I simply could not see the car that zoomed right into my blind spots. I have adjusted the mirrors to no end but there will always be areas in this car that you will have issues with.

That said, it wasn't a deal breaker and wasn't as bad as many told me it would be. But then I like not having a lot of glass around me.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
I can't believe all these "experienced" drivers on here telling you that they don't have any visibility issues.

Tell you what, I've been driving for 30+ years, and even with the "mirrors adjusted properly", I have problems backing up. I hate relying on the back-up sensors to warn me about how close I'm getting to an object. I wish now I had the back-up camera option.

You have to rely entirely on your mirrors for lane changing moves, there is absolutely no side visibility on the Camaro. The rear seat right side window might as well be solid metal, cause you can't see a thing out of it.

How close are you to an object with the right front fender? Cross your fingers baby, and go!!!! It's impossible to see the right front fender.

Sure, it's something you get used to, and you learn to live with the Camaro's visibility shortcomings. So, in my opinion, visibility in the Camaro sucks.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote