Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #15
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
One thing that cannot be over-emphasized is to spend time adjusting the seat. Some people (well, a friend of mine, anyway) had a hard time figuring out how to lower the seat. It goes down a fair distance. At 6'3"+ I like my seat all the way down and the back slightly tilted back. I can wear a hat this way, and I do have a sunroof.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #16
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
One thing that cannot be over-emphasized is to spend time adjusting the seat. Some people (well, a friend of mine, anyway) had a hard time figuring out how to lower the seat. It goes down a fair distance. At 6'3"+ I like my seat all the way down and the back slightly tilted back. I can wear a hat this way, and I do have a sunroof.
+1

6'2". I sat in a camaro at the dealer without really adjusting the seat and my head hit the roof. In the one I bought I have it perfectly setup and there's about a solid 2-3 inches of headroom with the sunroof. I don't recline my seat a lot either.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #17
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
The sunroof costs 1" of headroom. I have one and love it, but I would agree with those who say don't get one if you will go to the track and wear a helmet. I suspect those having trouble with headroom are keeping their seat high to make it easier to see over the hood. If you want an expansive forward view, the Camaro might not be for you. I have an average size torso and there is over 2" of headroom, but some of that can get used up if I get the seat up high.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #18
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
+1

6'2". I sat in a camaro at the dealer without really adjusting the seat and my head hit the roof. In the one I bought I have it perfectly setup and there's about a solid 2-3 inches of headroom with the sunroof. I don't recline my seat a lot either.
It might be worth mentioning that you can set up seat and mirrors to "remember" where you set them, for each of the 2 key fobs. So, no matter how the last driver adjusted the seat, as soon as you power on, it will return to where you like it. Seat and mirrors, and I think proper mirror adjustment is critical on our Camaros.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #19
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
When wearing a helmet, I have to lower the seat quite a bit. It makes me sit uncomfortably low. I'm 5'8".
Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 AM   #20
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
When wearing a helmet, I have to lower the seat quite a bit. It makes me sit uncomfortably low. I'm 5'8".
Yeah I'm 5'9 and with my helmet is against the roof. I could get a little more room if I reclined more but then my driving would suffer.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote