#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #71
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mma6483 View Post
I really would like to see that race happen as well!!! Too bad it never will. Hennessey won’t even post 1/4 times for the exorcist. Which seems kind of odd to me. I don’t doubt it’s a 1,000 hp. You’d just think with a car like that they’d want to show what it does at the track. I’m sure vengeance would humiliate the exorcist.
Vengeance would humiliate HPE without trying in a street car/Half mile event situation, that's what VR does.

The Exorcist package I would guess based off of what other similar Heads/Cam/Whipple would make around 850-920 RWHP which could put it in the 1000 crank HP range.

Vengeance doesn't do any of that dancing around the bush BS. They put their package out there, tell you what it will make, tell you what it should run, and prove it. HPE treats it much more like the car manufacturer does.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #72
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
While we do appreciate all of this attention, I would suggest that everyone take a deep breath and lower the testosterone levels here. If THE EXORCIST is your target then go beat our 217 mph. If its easy then you should have already done it. If you haven't then quit whining and let your car do the talking. Vengence we have nothing against you guys but your fan boi talked a little shit and got spanked. As far as we are concerned thats the end of it. Thanks.
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #73
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
While we do appreciate all of this attention, I would suggest that everyone take a deep breath and lower the testosterone levels here. If THE EXORCIST is your target then go beat our 217 mph. If its easy then you should have already done it. If you haven't then quit whining and let your car do the talking. Vengence we have nothing against you guys but your fan boi talked a little shit and got spanked. As far as we are concerned thats the end of it. Thanks.

This is a little...uh...unprofessional? Did an angry employee get ahold of John's computer or something?
Old 02-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #74
Mma6483

Drives: 2017 Zl1
Quote:
Next time you go the track invite me. I’ll run against your exorcist. Why don’t you guys post 1/4 times? Just curious what times it runs if you don’t mind sharing?
Mma6483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #75
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Next time you go the track invite me. I’ll run against your exorcist. Why don’t you guys post 1/4 times? Just curious what times it runs if you don’t mind sharing?
They don't go to tracks; they have their OWN track and run their own ship.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #76
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Personally, as an on looker of this thread since the 2nd page, I think the dealings between both shops have fully spoken for themselves. That's all there really is to say. Threatening you could take a former employee back with a $50 increase and revealing names when they clearly were masked for privacy reasons? Really classy John.

There's nothing to take away from Hennessy's size and customers. There's no need to state the obvious. HPE is going to suck up every single customer that hasn't been on the Camaro, Corvette, and CTS-V forums. People who have never done research and only saw the videos or articles and didn't care about the cost. That's frankly how most businesses are. Customers come just because they're there when they drove by, or just because they heard the name somewhere. As a business owner, I can attest to the fact that places with horrid reputations once you get past the first layer, still can out sell, out gross, and out produce places with a smaller operation but stellar reputation.

Vengeance's posts speak entirely for themselves. The only thing that was pulled up that was negative in this thread on VR was linked to Ron's response which FULLY cancelled out and disproved the things that their customer experienced. Turns out, that customer broke his car repeatedly and Vengeance went above and beyond several times and when they didn't give him the free job the last time around, he decided to back stab. I've never heard a bad thing about Vengeance's customer service and I can state first hand that their customer service is second to none in the industry they're in. Vengeance is a truly professional operation. Their staff, service, and performance is proven.

Hennessy is a big shop with a big name. They get the first cars, they get rented highways, and they get all the magazines that the gray-hair-in-denim-shorts read and then patronize. It's business first after all.

OP, I realize you probably were offended by the push back against Hennessy. The video is cool and there's no doubt most shops can get a car to go fast, but a lot less could rent a highway or a testing center and get an actual run like that.

As for the VR vs HPE, that would be awesome to see but let's face it, it will never happen and if I was HPE I wouldn't do it either. There's virtually no benefit for HPE to do so, even if HPE did come out on top.
I hear ya. All of the negative comments about Hennessey I have long heard about so it was not news to me. I was just excited about anyone making a 1000+ HP ZL1 since I have one and going 217 mph. Vengence has made one(no 217 mph video and I am sure they could make one), Weapon-X has made one and many more. I am a car enthusiast to the core. I was replacing burnt clutches when I was 16 with no transmission jacks because, of "you run what you brung". And most of the posters of this post were still just a sperm cell.

I don't like Dodge and would never buy one, but I still like the cars they produce. To me, slamming for the sake of jumping on the slamming band wagon shows ignorance.

Hennessey Performance has its faults to be sure, but no one can say they made a supercar from the ground up. I remember John telling me all about the Venom GT in the meeting room when I met with him about the iPhone App I was to write for him. It was being made in England and it was "kinda" based on the Lotus Elise. He said only the doors were to remain intact.

So I say hats off to John of HPE and Ron of Vengeance Racing. They are living their dream. May there be more like them being born today. To keep the HP in our blood alive.

Sincerely,
Dean

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic

Last edited by unavailablezl1; 02-26-2018 at 03:15 PM.
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #77
Mma6483

Drives: 2017 Zl1
Quote:
They don't go to tracks; they have their OWN track and run their own ship.
Ok cool! Not what I asked. But thanks for the obvious.
Mma6483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #78
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Ok cool! Not what I asked. But thanks for the obvious.
It’s just meant to illustrate they will not race publicly and they certainly won’t release numbers/be called out.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #79
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Personally, as an on looker of this thread since the 2nd page, I think the dealings between both shops have fully spoken for themselves. That's all there really is to say. Threatening you could take a former employee back with a $50 increase and revealing names when they clearly were masked for privacy reasons? Really classy John.

There's nothing to take away from Hennessy's size and customers. There's no need to state the obvious. HPE is going to suck up every single customer that hasn't been on the Camaro, Corvette, and CTS-V forums. People who have never done research and only saw the videos or articles and didn't care about the cost. That's frankly how most businesses are. Customers come just because they're there when they drove by, or just because they heard the name somewhere. As a business owner, I can attest to the fact that places with horrid reputations once you get past the first layer, still can out sell, out gross, and out produce places with a smaller operation but stellar reputation.

Vengeance's posts speak entirely for themselves. The only thing that was pulled up that was negative in this thread on VR was linked to Ron's response which FULLY cancelled out and disproved the things that their customer experienced. Turns out, that customer broke his car repeatedly and Vengeance went above and beyond several times and when they didn't give him the free job the last time around, he decided to back stab. I've never heard a bad thing about Vengeance's customer service and I can state first hand that their customer service is second to none in the industry they're in. Vengeance is a truly professional operation. Their staff, service, and performance is proven.

Hennessy is a big shop with a big name. They get the first cars, they get rented highways, and they get all the magazines that the gray-hair-in-denim-shorts read and then patronize. It's business first after all.

OP, I realize you probably were offended by the push back against Hennessy. The video is cool and there's no doubt most shops can get a car to go fast, but a lot less could rent a highway or a testing center and get an actual run like that.

As for the VR vs HPE, that would be awesome to see but let's face it, it will never happen and if I was HPE I wouldn't do it either. There's virtually no benefit for HPE to do so, even if HPE did come out on top.
I couldn't have stated it any better myself. Vengeance built my '17 zl1 in July of last year. While I'm too old to be a 'fan boi' (whatever that's all about), as a business owner myself, I fully recognize the importance of customer service and reputation. From the first moment I contacted them, they treated me with the utmost respect and professionalism. Having never modded a car to this extent before, I had some pretty lengthy questions that may have annoyed other shops...not once did I ever feel like an annoyance and not once did they treat me like one.

Integrity isn't something that is flipped on overnight like a light switch just because business starts booming and you get a lot of publicity. It's something that exists from day you take on your first customer. We've all read the BBB complaints, the lawsuits, etc from customers of HPE. Those speak for themself and don't need revisiting. If you've screwed enough people, it WILL get out. And most won't take the time post on the BBB, ripoffreport, or even sue....so you do the math. The fact that I COULDN'T find such complaints and negative reviews with Vengeance is why I gave them my hard-earned coin. And I couldn't be happier..I absolutely love my ride.

I haven't posted on this site for months, but this thread deserved 5 minutes of my time. I'm registered for both Sat and Sun at Dallas WGF, so if HPE shows up with the Exorcist to take on Vengeance, that's more than worth the price of my admission.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #80
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Reckless View Post
PULL? Anyone can PULL this off with some money. It's just marketing. It is a write off for HPE as a business expense. You think the state of Texas gives a crap about them? They charge him the same as anyone else.

He won't bring an Exorcist to the race because his cars don't race. They just make commercials.
You validated my point. The question is, why is nobody else in this industry doing it? I personally go to Matt Sorian for my builds now, but I'm just arguing for the industry as a whole. It seems EVERYONE has a problem with Hennessey and there really shouldn't be a problem. Their competitors should be out there building cars and marketing them the same way instead of complaining about their past, which to me, will never end it seems like. It gets really old honestly. To me, on the business side, it's about $. You either work to make $5mm-$10mm a year or you are happy making $1mm, maybe less like most shops. I know wrenchers trying to make a name for themselves barely able to pay rent. To me, that's not the way to go about it, especially if you've been doing it for 10 years. But, then again, not everyone wants the hassle of actually building a business.

Hennessey gets all the play on the net. Yahoo picks them up. Every mainstream media outlet picks them up. When the build something, it goes out to the whole fkn market. I'd suggest some of the builders on here step it up. It is after all a marketing game.

Vengeance. Weapon X. Ya'll make some bad ass cars btw. Just saying it would be nice to see ya'll get some play. Takes mad cash to get there tho. I mean, Lingenfelter doesn't even get the play Hennessey does. Why is that? Shoot, even Roush doesn't.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:06 PM   #81
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Exactly. Haha, I love it. We need more of this honestly. This is good. This is really good.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #82
NITEMER

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
The solution is simple, all these big time shops each build a car drop them off at my house and I will test them and give my opinion and rate them.....
NITEMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #83
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
You validated my point. The question is, why is nobody else in this industry doing it? I personally go to Matt Sorian for my builds now, but I'm just arguing for the industry as a whole. It seems EVERYONE has a problem with Hennessey and there really shouldn't be a problem. Their competitors should be out there building cars and marketing them the same way instead of complaining about their past, which to me, will never end it seems like. It gets really old honestly. To me, on the business side, it's about $. You either work to make $5mm-$10mm a year or you are happy making $1mm, maybe less like most shops. I know wrenchers trying to make a name for themselves barely able to pay rent. To me, that's not the way to go about it, especially if you've been doing it for 10 years. But, then again, not everyone wants the hassle of actually building a business.

Hennessey gets all the play on the net. Yahoo picks them up. Every mainstream media outlet picks them up. When the build something, it goes out to the whole fkn market. I'd suggest some of the builders on here step it up. It is after all a marketing game.

Vengeance. Weapon X. Ya'll make some bad ass cars btw. Just saying it would be nice to see ya'll get some play. Takes mad cash to get there tho. I mean, Lingenfelter doesn't even get the play Hennessey does. Why is that? Shoot, even Roush doesn't.
There shouldn't be a problem??? I get it, HPE should just get a pass on their past and everyone should just pretend that stuff never happened? That's crazy talk. Every person on this board has a right to bring that up, and HPE has every right to defend himself, which we've already seen the manner in which he does.

EVERY business is contingent upon marketing, man. Otherwise, you'll be outta business real quick and in a hurry....That's old news. It's the service you provide your clients AFTER your marketing pulls them that counts. You keep talking about marketing, marketing, marketing, as if okay for a business to be devoid of a moral compass just because their marketing works. And it's that type of mentality that results the reviews that we've seen.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #84
aka Reckless

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
If anyone can pull this off why don't you? Talking is so easy, anyone with a mouth can do it. Just curious what kind of business do you operate, from the way your talking you must be an excellent entrepreneur. Please do tell us more my friend. Don't bother replying unless you intend on telling us what exactly you do, that qualifies you to judge Hennesey.
I retired at 52 But I have been around the LS scene for 20 years. Worked with Wheel to Wheel Powertrain, Kurt Urban, Thunder Racing, LG, opportunities elsewhere such as TSP, SDPC, SAM. Been a staff member of LS1Tech since it's inception. Also was director for the LSx Race Series.

Now I just do what I want and speak my mind
aka Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote