Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 07-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Can anyone help with installation of Elite catch can on twin turbo?

Elite keeps sending the same instructions over for an LS based vehicle and my mechanic and I have both asked for LT based instructions, twice. I am honestly about ready to buy a MM Wild and throw the Elite away.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Sorry for your trouble man, but I have called out Elite here on a few occasions . They have no problem posting an term paper length response on how their catch can is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but ask them a question or in your case proper directions and nothing but crickets.

Do yourself a favor and get the Mighty Mouse Wild. I'll help ya with install tips if needed.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
Old 07-22-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
Sorry for your trouble man, but I have called out Elite here on a few occasions . They have no problem posting an term paper length response on how their catch can is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but ask them a question or in your case proper directions and nothing but crickets.

Do yourself a favor and get the Mighty Mouse Wild. I'll help ya with install tips if needed.
I've seriously been considering it after my experience trying to just get instructions and after reading some responses here. I mean how hard is it to give me instructions on how to install the damn thing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post

I had the same issue with Elite when I was looking into buying a catch can, sent them multiple requests for further information and they never bothered to answer any of them...

I ended up buying a Mishimoto and have been VERY happy with it...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
Old 07-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #5
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
We are on the forum every few days and we add in almost every post so please email our Engineering and Tech Support group direct for ALL questions. The sales email address is more geared towards sales. We also include the emails in most every post as well:

Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com to determine the correct system for your build and for any assistance with installation. I have gone back several weeks and see no missed or not replied to emails, and this is even manned weekends most of the time as an additional move to make our service second to none, so all I can think of is your using the wrong email address if your not getting replies promptly.

So again for all, TECH@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Sales are: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

This is the only turbo inquiry in the past week and you can see we responded promptly and asked for clarification on what engine and year:

Hi Cecil,

Lets go over your system a bit so I am clear on what you need. Just the instructions to our system that Turbonetics uses? Or the system and instructions.

I'll start with the illustrations from their head of Engineering. This shows most, and of course I can go over any part not clear.

These are for a LS engine, but we also do these for the GDI LT based engines, so let me know what year yours is. The next is single or twin turbo and how much boost/power it puts out so we can match the proper system to your build.

Here are the LS illustrations (see attached images).

So let me know more details, and a time I can call you to discuss. I'm located in EST.

Thanks!

Jason
Elite Engineering USA
Engineering and Technical Support

As you can see, not only did we ask multiple times what year or engine in was, this customer never answered that so we sent what we thought would help the most. Still don't know what engine he has as we asked in this last reply as well with no reply back. And as you can see we asked for a time to call and go over it all in person as well. Not many will do that no matter the product.

We also have a hard time with usernames on here to match up with actual names so it helps if you also let us know your forum user name, or vice versa.

parbreak, you can ask us anything here. We go into technical detail because no other can design does. Most find it very helpful to actually learn about the engines needs and how the systems offered differ. So ask any "callout" questions you may have. We have only seen interference in our reply's, etc. so your usually ignored as you seem to only want to cause drama and not discuss actual facts and data.

We also need to know the year, make, model, engine, and mods. If not specified and your asking a generic question we would send what we can make the best guess on, but NO one is ignored ever if you email the correct email we list here every few days. And we also go as far to call people nights and weekends that need step by step guidance.

And if you don;t care for a system that traps 2-3 times what the other mentioned do, that's by all means a persons choice.

So for a LT based engine, here is how you would install the system:

Single or twin turbo and centrifugal SuperCharger systems all will install and route the same as all pressurize the intake manifold unlike a top mount blower.

Can mounts in your choice of locations due to very few turbo systems being the same, so we provide flexibility there.

Center of can is always the inlet from the crankcase. On the LT based engines, that is the valley PCV barb located in the space to the driverside of the throttle body and underneath it. This PCV cartridge located there also regulates the rate of flow so that is retained.

One outer fitting from the main separator (both outer's come from the same internal outlet chamber as you can see here:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

So one outer fitting with inline checkvalve (you need our billet high pressure checkvalves with turbo or centri applications. They are blue with our logo on them) flowing away from the can to the intake manifold vacuum barb located on the driverside of the intake manifold snout. Just behind where the throttle body bolts on. This will provide the evacuation vacuum/suction when in non boost (idle and deceleration, all others ONLY evacuate during those periods).

The opposite outer fitting with checkvalve inline flowing away from the can will connect to a Venturi Barb you install at the inlet of the turbo or centri unit. It needs to be angled slightly so the portion that protrudes into your coupler that attaches the turbo to the main intake air tube as this sketch shows. (instead of a throttle body as the sketch shows, picture the turbo or centri inlet) so the incoming air flow past the open end will create a low pressure area in the barb and generate the vacuum/suction needed to evacuate when in boost. The checkvalves will hold up to 200# plus, so they cannot leak ANY boost past to the crankcase. Unequaled in any other design. So no matter what, there is ALWAYS suction pulled on the crankcase so pressure cannot build to begin with. NO other design provides this. The ones mentioned either allow pressure to build and cause seal failures over time or just vent after pressure builds. Nether is good for your ring seal either.
XXXXXXXXXX

Then you look at your factor cleanside separator located on the front of the passenger side cylinder head. Leave the outer lines intact as they come from the factory. This is how the filtered fresh air will be entering the crankcase to flush and make up for the foul contaminant laden vapors we are evacuating (sucking out) the valley. Again, the others ONLY evacuate or pull suction at idle or deceleration. The rest of the time all of the damage and wear causing combustion byproducts stay in the crankcase and accumulate there if not evacuated (sucked out) full time and mix with your oil. So the center of the tank MUST be fed with filtered fresh air, so that will need to run to the very end of the main air filter (most will use a cone type filter). Speed Density tunes will accommodate for the incoming air not being MAF metered. If you have twin turbos, you also install a Ventrui barb into the second turbo and T them both to the second outlet from the can. This shows a 1000 hp LS twin so you can see:
XXXXXXXXXX

These should have been inserted closer to the turbo, as close as possible to the inlet.

So, what other questions can we help with?

And again, here is the correct email to inquire BEFORE you order, any questions while waiting for delivery, and any questions with installation, and any questions after the sale is: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and sales is: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com
Old 07-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #6
Umbriel

It was me who asked about a turbo install and you sent an LS installation page, my mechanic then asked you for LT specific instructions and you sent him the same LS page again. He told me and I emailed you again and asked for 6th Gen LT specific instructions and you replied with the same LS instructions. I then replied back that you had already sent those and I needed LT specific instructions and you didn't reply back. My name is not Cecil and neither is my mechanic's.

Why is it so hard to just give us instructions specific to what we are working on?

Anyway I will copy and paste what you posted above and see if this is what my mechanic needs to get this installed.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #7
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hi Umbriel,

Sorry, but this is the ONLY email in the past month that asks about a twin turbo...and we have neither your name nor your mechanics name or email to know...so the email below is not from you? Can you at least give us a clue as to whose email and name we should be looking for? Again, without the information and no emails other than these so we have no idea where you inquired as it's not in our emails.

Below are the emails from (who we assume is you, but now may not be?) and us showing we asked for clarification several times on the year or the engine as either would have let us know what to send....the LS and LT route totally different, so that's why we sent the LS Turbonetics info as we could not get a reply on this. and why:

"Why is it so hard to just give us instructions specific to what we are working on?"

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 1:19 PM, tech@eliteengineeringusa.com
<tech@eliteengineeringusa.com> wrote:

Hi Cecil,

Lets go over your system a bit so I am clear on what you need. Just the instructions to our system that Turbonetics uses? Or the system and instructions.

I'll start with the illustrations from their head of Engineering. This shows most, and of course I can go over any part not clear.

These are for a LS engine, but we also do these for the GDI LT based engines, so let me know what year yours is. The next is single or twin turbo and how much boost/power it puts out so we can match the proper system to your build.

Here are the LS illustrations (see attached images).

So let me know more details, and a time I can call you to discuss. I'm located in EST.

Closed Thread