Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-24-2022, 04:22 PM   #15
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
The Z/28 is a numbered, limited production number, collection car. The ZLE is not. Barring supplier shortages, GM will make as many ZLEs as there are customers willing to pay for them. That means the two cars have completely different customer bases with different mentalities.
Thats a fair point I hadnt thought of
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:25 PM   #16
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
Like I said. Post up the VIN... Just as another commenter stated, some of us (myself included) put all our vehicles on Vinwiki so it's very easy to see where it's been and what's been done to it. If you feel weird about that for some reason good luck figuring this out with color/state/year...
Oh I wasn't concerned about posting it. Funny enough, I found old PDR footage of the previous 2 owners...last guy, babied it...don't even know that he knew he had the PDR recording...guy before that, tracked it at least 6 days lol.

Vin is 1G1FJ1R61J0167241
Old 01-24-2022, 08:28 PM   #17
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
Whats the last 4 of the vin? When i sold mine to the dealer it had about 10k, but i know he kept it for himself for some time, not sure how many miles he may have put on.
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:35 PM   #18
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexslayer View Post
Whats the last 4 of the vin? When i sold mine to the dealer it had about 10k, but i know he kept it for himself for some time, not sure how many miles he may have put on.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:55 AM   #19
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Bingo. It used to have a roll cage in it. Definitely seen some track time. Let me know if the link doesn't work. https://web.vinwiki.com/#/vin/1G1FJ1R61J0167241
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:49 AM   #20
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
Bingo. It used to have a roll cage in it. Definitely seen some track time. Let me know if the link doesn't work. https://web.vinwiki.com/#/vin/1G1FJ1R61J0167241
Thank you for that brotha!
Yep, it had a cage (I just ordered the carpet to replace it). Found old track footage from 6 days at a track too stored in the PDR, along with footage from the owner after this person gently cruising on the street with it.
Dealership definitely lied through their teeth to sell it to me...I was gonna walk off when I saw it had a cage removed, but since its under warranty, they offered to pay the labor for the interior/carpet (along with fixing some curb rash on 3 wheels), and the previous owner appears to not have tracked it and drove it gently, I figure wth...in 6 months I'll probably trade it in for an A10 version anyways (or a newer year).
Honestly though in the PDR footage, I could hear 2 people talking, and one sounded like an instructor in the car with him (or maybe was just playing navigator), but it in that footage, he really didn't seem to push it to its limits. She's retired now though, as I'll never actually take it to the track...she's my DD when I don't have to take more than 1 kid with me lol.

Last edited by HoodCheck; 01-25-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #21
HoodCheck

I ironically just found what I assume is a previous owner for my car looking for the owner before him lol Although, carfax doesn't show it ever being where the OP is apparently located currently.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592566
Old 01-25-2022, 03:21 PM   #22
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Good stuff! Yeah, I wouldn't be overly concerned considering track life is what it's built for and it's still under warranty. Enjoy it!!
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:17 PM   #23
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
Ok - not mine... ...enjoy it, they are great cars!
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:56 PM   #24
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
@ZLE Dude - I thought about posting the vin, but I doubt anyone would remember their car based on the vin with the exception of rarer cars like a Z/28 (where the last 4 of the vin represent the build number) or something similar. Thats why I put where I got it from. I could be wrong, but I did post up the city and all...

@avalonandl - carfax doesnt show prior owners names...actually I could care less about his name, I just wanted to know maintenance history and such. I know the guy offered to provide info to the dealership, as they said if they really needed to, they could contact him.

@Z OH 6 - Why? We do that consistently in the Z/28 forum; its extremely handy to know what was done, or even something as simple as knowing what maintenance was done prior to the dealer getting it... You seem to be a bit paranoid on this topic...I think anyone who takes care of their car isn't going to have a problem, and in fact might WANT to know who got theirs next, otherwise they simply wouldn't say anything anyways.
As a matter of fact, in the Z/28 forum, there is a list not only of the current owners, but of previous owners as well, when they are known. We volunteer that information....and as a matter of fact, I've seen people claim their old cars many times over. Not sure what forums you're going to, but its pretty normal in my experience. Hell the guy who owns my 1st '15 Z/28 and I know each other now because of that very thing, and he bought spare parts I had laying around that he wanted lol.

@L78toLT1 - I'm with you..seems kind of strange to be as paranoid as some are in this thread. I know who bought a couple of the prior cars of mine, given them info, sold them parts, and even hung out

@TXCSSU - to find out little things like the last time maintenance was done and things like that; pretty simple.

I was just being a smartarze, but at the same time trying to figure out what noise I'm hearing and if my car is driving differently than new would always weigh on my mind. I know some people will insist that buying a car a few years old is the way to go, but I'll pay that extra depreciation for peace of mind.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:22 PM   #25
Sorange

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I bought mine from a forum member here, and almost 2 years later we still text back and forth via text and FB messenger about track related stuff and car setup. when I went to Florida last summer I even met back up with him while he did a track day at sebring and got to ride shotgun in his Z06. Best car buying experience i've ever had! Bought a badass car and became friends with a good guy with a wealth of knowledge and track experience. It can be cool to know the previous owner of your car.
Sorange is offline   Reply With Quote