Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #29
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
My wife loves my car. She can't wait to go for a ride after each new round of mods to see how much faster it is. She is, however, a little disappointed that I didn't get a vert with an auto trans.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #30
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I bought my 2017 back in March used with 422 miles. Found out the original owner’s wife had a baby and the ZL1 had to go! His loss my gain! I have had a 2016 2SS that I bought new I used as a trade in on the ZL1 that I found on Cars.com and have no regrets so far. Sure I had to come up with money for a down payment but the price on the ZL1 was right so I jumped in with both feet. I would recommend finding a good used 2018 or 2019 ZL1 to buy and enjoy the ride if you can afford it because it’s a different animal to the SS. Congratulations on your cancer remission and God speed in the future. IMHO you can’t go wrong buying a ZL1 instead of an SS.�� Good Luck and take care and let us know which Camaro you decide to buy.
Blackzl1Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #31
Blackzl1Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
My wife loves my car. She can't wait to go for a ride after each new round of mods to see how much faster it is. She is, however, a little disappointed that I didn't get a vert with an auto trans.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #32
Blackzl1Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
Congratulations on the cancer free!! My father has been battling since his retirement 3 years ago. It sucks. Glad you beat it!
Jondaddy brings up a good point with the wives having guys nuts in their purse. I just bought my ZL1 and told my wife when it was being delivered to my house from the truck. Only thing I would sell mine for would be another . Maybe if they ever come out with an lt5 zl1.
I wear the pants in this house and my nuts stay with me. Just don't tell my wife...haha
Old 11-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #33
Blackzl1Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
first, congrats on the cancer battle.

second, if I had to ask my wife for permission to do anything, sure I'll be trading something in for a new model, but it won't be my car.
Thanks
Old 11-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #34
Blackzl1Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm123 View Post
Congrats on the good health news!

You should totally buy a ZL1!

I don't know if people really are selling this car more than others, but if that is true, you can probably explain it by saying that these cars are more toys than utilitarian transportation. People like to get new toys, so that may be why you see ZL1's for sale.

Don't get a ZL1-1LE. I have one and I love it, but there's no reason to buy one unless you plan to do lots of track days.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:28 AM   #35
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Awesome on being cancer free, congrats! ZL1's are amazing cars, I fall in love with mine every time I am in the driver seat.

I bought my ZL1 new in Q3 2018 and I was watching the market for a year or so prior. I also noticed a lot of low mile 2017's on the market and some 18's and scratched my head. The problem was that they were so close to what it costs new that it didn't make sense financially and I ended up buying new. I just wish I had known I was buying new so I would have spec'd it out instead of buying one that a dealer ordered in old man spec.

If you're not afraid of some miles, there are lots of deals out there around the 50k mark or under.

I don't see myself giving up my ZL1 for another car for likely another few years. I really want to see the Z06 vert in action.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #36
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Congratulations on getting ahead of cancer and being now cancer free!!

Id assume their are a million reasons but can see payments, and the novelty wearing off when I think about why someone gets rid of their car (or anything really) so soon.

I'm sure a lot of these low mileage ones people buy and realize that the cost is not worth what the car is to them. At least that's what I think when I see a low mileage performance car for sale that's a year old or newer.

Its also a luxury item, at least in my mind it is, and those kinds of items come and go in peoples lives all the time.

If you can afford one and you like it, get it. There is no reason not to if its your kind of thing.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #37
Blackzl1Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebt6 View Post
Congratulations on getting ahead of cancer and being now cancer free!!

Id assume their are a million reasons but can see payments, and the novelty wearing off when I think about why someone gets rid of their car (or anything really) so soon.

I'm sure a lot of these low mileage ones people buy and realize that the cost is not worth what the car is to them. At least that's what I think when I see a low mileage performance car for sale that's a year old or newer.

Its also a luxury item, at least in my mind it is, and those kinds of items come and go in peoples lives all the time.

If you can afford one and you like it, get it. There is no reason not to if its your kind of thing.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #38
Blackzl1Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
Awesome on being cancer free, congrats! ZL1's are amazing cars, I fall in love with mine every time I am in the driver seat.

I bought my ZL1 new in Q3 2018 and I was watching the market for a year or so prior. I also noticed a lot of low mile 2017's on the market and some 18's and scratched my head. The problem was that they were so close to what it costs new that it didn't make sense financially and I ended up buying new. I just wish I had known I was buying new so I would have spec'd it out instead of buying one that a dealer ordered in old man spec.

If you're not afraid of some miles, there are lots of deals out there around the 50k mark or under.

I don't see myself giving up my ZL1 for another car for likely another few years. I really want to see the Z06 vert in action.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #39
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
First of all congrats on the health news! That is obviously the most important thing here.

I think it is two main reasons.

...YOLO...

...next shiny thing that comes along..
IMO these are definitely the top reasons.

For people in the first category, there are a million reasons why get get rid of their sports car.
  • Significant others
  • Money
  • Non car enthusiasts realizing they are in fact not car enthusiasts.
  • Too much car

Then you have the kind of people that swap cars VERY often. The ZL1 is the performance bargain of the century so lots of people that normally buy far more expensive cars are going to check one out for a little while before they get bored and dump it.

Also congrats on battling cancer. Get out there and enjoy that time you earned back.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #40
ChrisRa13

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosive View Post
first, congrats on the cancer battle.

second, if I had to ask my wife for permission to do anything, sure I'll be trading something in for a new model, but it won't be my car.
That’s a stupid statement. You don’t run A $60-70k decision by your wife?
ChrisRa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #41
The Manalishi

Drives: 2018 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRa13 View Post
That’s a stupid statement. You don’t run A $60-70k decision by your wife?
I didn't. Her name isn't on the title and her income and credit was not used for the purchase. Why do I need to ask?
The Manalishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #42
ChrisRa13

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
I didn't. Her name isn't on the title and her income and credit was not used for the purchase. Why do I need to ask?
I guess it’s up to you. But when we got married it wasn’t her money or mine. It was ours. I don’t care if that’s what you do and how you feel but don’t make it sound like someone doesn’t have any balls because they included their wife’s input on a big purchase.
ChrisRa13 is offline   Reply With Quote