Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #15
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm just saying it almost seems like some of these people around here actually WANT the Camaro to fail judging by all these bullshit threads that keep popping up all the time. I wish the moderators would start removing these doom threads. I swear, I'm getting tired of every time I come here having to see some uniformed twerp who doesn't know how to research or doesn't understand that fckin sales are not the only things that matter or doesn't realize what click bait is post on here that the Camaro is doomed. I mean come on. It's like every week something happens and all of a sudden the Camaro is doomed. I'm starting to wonder if these guys starting these threads are actually trolls trying to get a rise out of people.
I find it hard to read the news anymore as most articles have some sort of sensational headline to grab your attention. "Critics slam new proposed legislation"... meanwhile it's some twitter user with the handle Jonny69 who made a negative comment.

The positive in all of this is that it has Camaro fans attention and hopefully GM's. If they walk away from this market segment again I think it will have have a negative impact across their entire lineup.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It seems to me the chassis of the 6th Gen is advanced enough that there doesn't need to be a big rush for the next generation. It's already dynamically superior to the competition and there is an opportunity to loose more mass, but aside from that, if GM were to keep pushing to make pricing and content more available, and add more trims (i.e. LT1), then people will keep coming. It costs resources and money to do all of this, but if they pay attention to the success of the competition, hopefully they'll find their way to success for Camaro.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
We could band together, buy the Camaro trademarks, buy one of GM's abandoned plants and start making it ourselves, they way we want, you know, 2000HP, luxury interior, 50MPG, all USA sourced parts and labor, and a $30,000 MSRP

and yes, that's a bit of hyperbole.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #18
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
there's only about 5 threads that have been started yesterday on Camaro 5 and 6 based on that baseless article.

is that really enough?

smh
Old 06-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #19
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
It’s not that GM is abandoning the Camaro nameplate altogether, though, but has rather delayed the introduction of the seventh-gen car until further notice.
Frankly it sounds like the same song with a different title.

"We're not cancelling the 7th Generation Camaro, we're just delaying it until further notice"
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #20
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Doesn't matter to me either way, because I plan to keep my last Camaro ZL1 and my last new car. Getting too old to keep up with the changing technology and cost of new cars. It's up to the rest of you to carry on.
I hope the Camaro - and all high performance cars - can stick around. I'm hoping mine will last me a good 10 years. I would feel very fortunate if I'm able to keep driving a sports car that long.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
More than likely GM is holding off until Ford and Dodge release info on their next Gen offerings...
I agree, particularly in light of their open admission that they knew the Mustang beat them in design even before the 6th Gen hit the streets. Their words (paraphrased), not mine. I happen to disagree, which is why I didn't buy the Mustang.
But I take it they want the advantage of the 7th gen coming to market later than the competition. May work, may not.
The team that designed the Challenger should get some kind of prize. Not common for a platform to maintain sales like that without a major redesign.

Last edited by ctrlz; 06-26-2019 at 09:49 AM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #22
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
7th Gen Camaro NOT shelved - GM Authority
Quote:
More than likely GM is holding off until Ford and Dodge releases info on their next Gen offerings.
You've literally described the definition of "shelved":
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shelve

Quote:
Definition of shelve
transitive verb

1 : to furnish with shelves
2 : to place on a shelf
shelve books
3a : to remove from active service
b : to put off or aside
shelve a project
Old 06-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #23
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Doesn't the value of our cars go up if they stop making new models for a few years?
Old 06-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #24
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri View Post
Doesn't the value of our cars go up if they stop making new models for a few years?
No..

If that were the case the 4th Gen F-body cars would have gone up in value..at best the only cars that actually retained their value were the SS's and other very limited production cars
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanicus View Post
One thing to consider is that a car company will wait until the last possible moment to announce the EOL for a product. This is because of the negative impact it has on brand perception. Dead man walking. Regardless of the quality of the product, it has a real world negative affect on sales over the remainder of its availability. Therefore, they are much more likely to just say its delayed instead of cancelled, even when they know otherwise.
Ok so every time they choose to hold information on the next release we should all just assume that they are being discontinued right? 2023 is 4 years away dude. Should GM already be publishing the pics, MSRP, engine and trans lineup, options, etc already??
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Battle of the un-names sources.

Nothing to read here....move along.
Actually, one report has an un-named sourde. The other report is from GM...
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I find it hard to read the news anymore as most articles have some sort of sensational headline to grab your attention. "Critics slam new proposed legislation"... meanwhile it's some twitter user with the handle Jonny69 who made a negative comment.
Exactly. And the problem is that this is becoming more and more prevalent. There are people who want the public to think a certain way and as such they resort to these methods. I'm no Trump supporter...but I gotta say, dude was right on the money when he said "fake news".
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
You've literally described the definition of "shelved":
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/shelve
No you just chose to interpret it the way you want for whatever reason. And you are, like other media outlets, using words and language to make people think a certain way instead of reporting honestly. So going by your interpretation of the definition of "shelved", the S650 Mustang and the next Gen Chally are both "shelved" also. And I guess you could say 2 years ago before we knew any info on the C8 Vette than it was "shelved" at that time as well. Am I correct? Let's go around and find every vehicle that is currently "shelved".
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #27
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
No..

If that were the case the 4th Gen F-body cars would have gone up in value..at best the only cars that actually retained their value were the SS's and other very limited production cars
Even the SS/WS6/Firehawks have to be extremely low mileage and showroom condition to command any amount of money these days. Most of the higher priced I see are exactly that, or modded to the moon and probably well above what they would really command to anyone other than another enthusiast drag racer not looking to build.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #28
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
GM said it is Shelved, That alone will kill sales, watch them drop over the next 6 month's. The new LT1 is their way of reducing V8 engine stock. The Z/28 was used to eliminate the stock of LS7 engines. Also the 2020 election will change the direction of automobiles in this country forever. Car companies are trying to read the Tea leaves, I am sure its shelved until the election! The auto industry does not want to get caught going in the wrong direction!!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote