Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Emblempros

Old 10-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
elvicdesonora
Victor H. A. E

Drives: Camaro 2016 2 SS Garnet Red
Rough idling in startups and cold. (Injectors 7 ,8)

Whats up Folks , im experiencing a rough idle at startups specially in cold weather , no codes but if feels like the car has a Cam and missfire and once is warmed up everything is normal, so I read a couple of threads from guys that replaced injectors 7 and 8 and im planning in doing the same thing since im replacing my IM for a LT2 IM. Couple of questions:
1: does anyone has the correct part number of the injectors , 16SS.
2: Can I reuse the orings of the other injectors ? Just spraying some lubricant before removing the rail to prevent damaging the orings.
3: Something else to look for while doing the procedure .
Thanks !
Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 PM   #2
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
What makes you think those injectors are bad?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #3
m6-lt1

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
If it's not throwing codes and the idle is only slightly rough (a couple of misses here and there) It's probably fine. Mine does it too ever since I bought mine a year ago. Another one I test drove also did it. I think these cars are just tuned to the edge during cold start in order to meet emissions standards. Also, the injectors fire two pulses during cold start instead of one so I think that contributes to the slightly rough idle on cold starts. I could be wrong but I just feel if there are problems with our injectors it would show a code.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote