Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #29
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Been there and done that too !! Took 2 days to complete, and I used the G2 Caliper paint kit, then cleared over them..
they came out great i am happy with my results. i went with just a white brembo decal and left off the chevrolet,i feel like that makes the point.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #30
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmgraham View Post
Those are sick!! Nice job. I cheapened out and just did red on my BRM SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Finally choose the Anodized Blue from about a dozen+ blue and red color swatches I ordered from Prismatics. Glad I did, although you can't go wrong with red as it's classic.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:48 PM   #31
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Because I do not know the why so I will ask. My son painted his with engine paint that be bought at AutoZone. Why powder coat as opposed to son's approach?
Powder coating is less prone to chips, holds up to heat and cleaning better resulting in a better looking long lasting finish especially if using gloss.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:45 PM   #32
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Powder coating is less prone to chips, holds up to heat and cleaning better resulting in a better looking long lasting finish especially if using gloss.
Thanks, Camguy.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:43 AM   #33
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Coated Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong.... over the years several top notch powder coaters told me you don't want to powder coat area such as I circled? I had one company do a set of Camaro calipers for me and I went ahead and took off the powder in those areas just incase.

I don't think it would ever be a problem but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

The lollypop red ones are ones I recently had done by a local powder coater here in coastal NC.

Your thoughts?

Larry

Larry,

Excellent point I’ll lightly sand them down, I’m sure it could eventually work itself loose Do to the powder wearing in that area. Glad you caught that. I’ll makes sure my Powder guy doesn’t do that to my Camaro Calipers.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #34
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Looking at her baby book I see I installed newly powder coated lollypop red Brembo calipers on my 2014 on December 13, 2017. Nearly three years later and 20,000 miles they look as stunning today as the day installed.

I routinely spray them with Windex and wipe them down with a clean soft rag. Being anal about the car I also take each wheel off occasionally and wash down the entire back and apply a coat of wax, those are powder coated too. ZERO discoloration!
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2020, 05:33 PM   #35
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Please correct me if I am wrong.... over the years several top notch powder coaters told me you don't want to powder coat area such as I circled? I had one company do a set of Camaro calipers for me and I went ahead and took off the powder in those areas just incase.

I don't think it would ever be a problem but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

The lollypop red ones are ones I recently had done by a local powder coater here in coastal NC.

Your thoughts?

Larry
Mine came back from the coaters that way too, unpainted in those areas. I would assume that the metal to metal contact and tightening them down would in some way over time cause the PC to chip off and then lead to problems elseware, just a guess.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:36 PM   #36
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Looking at her baby book I see I installed newly powder coated lollypop red Brembo calipers on my 2014 on December 13, 2017. Nearly three years later and 20,000 miles they look as stunning today as the day installed.

I routinely spray them with Windex and wipe them down with a clean soft rag. Being anal about the car I also take each wheel off occasionally and wash down the entire back and apply a coat of wax, those are powder coated too. ZERO discoloration!
Awesome !!!! Love that color on the calipers, but I biased on that. Looks great on the black color of your Camaro sir..
Old 09-21-2020, 09:46 PM   #37
camguynj

Quote:

May want to give Spray Away glass cleaner a try. Better than Windex doesn't streak AT ALL ! Besides being great for glass it's also great for brushed or polished aluminum like exhaust tips or cold air TB intake tube.