Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #1
SMITH24K

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Need help with my build!

I’m in need of some help. I know there is several ways to do it but I’m wanting to get my 2019 Camaro 2SS to around 650 to 700 RWHP. I was gonna see if I could get some recommendations on shops that could do this. Who has the best prices and also does good work! I don’t want to take shortcuts on the build cause I want the car to still be safe to drive. I don’t wanna mess anything up on it or anything obviously. Any and all help would be so appreciated. Thanks guys!
SMITH24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #2
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH24K View Post
I’m in need of some help. I know there is several ways to do it but I’m wanting to get my 2019 Camaro 2SS to around 650 to 700 RWHP. I was gonna see if I could get some recommendations on shops that could do this. Who has the best prices and also does good work! I don’t want to take shortcuts on the build cause I want the car to still be safe to drive. I don’t wanna mess anything up on it or anything obviously. Any and all help would be so appreciated. Thanks guys!
If you wanna ship it go with race proven motorsports in Newark delaware. They only work on GM. You'll have to upgrade your entire fuel system to the lt4 system, I would definitely do pistons, catless headers, and p1 or d1 procharger or a PD blower whatever you prefer will get you where you wanna be. That's a good start..
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Supercharger of choice @ 9-10psi, LT4 Fuel system, Cat deletes, will get you into that power range easy.....and the most important part of it all PROPER TUNING!

Meth will be required with 93 octane. E85 will require more fuel system mods. Either way you don't need pistons for that power level.

My fuel system consists of:
LT4 injectors
LPE HPFP
LT4 in-tank
JMS voltage booster

I run a Whipple with a 3.375 pulley which sees about 9.9psi of boost in 80 degree weather. With a E60 mix I run 19 degrees of timing, fuel injectors are in the 5.7ms range and the high side holds 2900psi, low side 70psi targeting .82 Lambda. All of this data I am posting is probably greek to you. However there might be a point in time where you find it useful because this is the range where you will want your fuel system to be for safe fueling.

Either way good luck.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #4
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Supercharger of choice @ 9-10psi, LT4 Fuel system, Cat deletes, will get you into that power range easy.....and the most important part of it all PROPER TUNING!

Meth will be required with 93 octane. E85 will require more fuel system mods. Either way you don't need pistons for that power level.

My fuel system consists of:
LT4 injectors
LPE HPFP
LT4 in-tank
JMS voltage booster

I run a Whipple with a 3.375 pulley which sees about 9.9psi of boost in 80 degree weather. With a E60 mix I run 19 degrees of timing, fuel injectors are in the 5.7ms range and the high side holds 2900psi, low side 70psi targeting .82 Lambda. All of this data I am posting is probably greek to you. However there might be a point in time where you find it useful because this is the range where you will want your fuel system to be for safe fueling.

Either way good luck.
I've read a couple places 650 is the limit on stock lt1 pistons and he said most importantly he wants it to run safe. At what horsepower would you reccomend pistons?
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #5
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
IMO, 650 to 750 HP build for 100,000 miles:
stronger intake one piece solid intake valves (LT4 went to titanium).
Forged pistons, prefer rods but at a minimum change to ARP rod bolts
head studs
On the safe side I'd do the LT5 cam and LS7 lifters (LT5 cam is a AFM delete LT1 cam)

If you don't want to fool with the cam, I'd run titanium valves and the stock valve train. It is the heavier solid valve that needs a stronger spring and probably getting rid of the problematic (IMO) AFM cam setup. I would guess when it is all said and done the price would be about the same. You can always design a 100K cam for more power and the fuel lobe, but you get on a slippery slope of too much, too fast list for even more power. I'd be very comfortable with a .580 lift Cam Motion blower cam with fuel lobe and reasonable beehive single spring say 115 lbs seat.
The power is "easy" the longevity not so much.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #6
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
I've read a couple places 650 is the limit on stock lt1 pistons and he said most importantly he wants it to run safe. At what horsepower would you reccomend pistons?
There is no "safe". You can say the OEM at 560 whp went to forged pistons, titanium intake valve and they have to offer a warranty. For the 660 WHP LT5 they went to AFM delete. So "safe" and warranty are at least getting close to being synoptical. For me one piece valve, forged piston, stronger rod bolt (or rod) and addressing the vavletrain is "safe" at 650 WHP plus, which is what GM did for the LT5 so I'm copacetic with GM. For others bone stock LT1 engine is fine, "never have a problem". Amen. Now I want 100K miles, GM has to provide a warranty even if you beat on it like you stole it. I don't know what power level you can get a roots blower with drivetrain warranty? Lingenfelter offers a warranty on a base supercharger say 560 WHP. So if the shop is going to say no issues, your next question should be about engine warranty. I have OVER 1000 WOT runs on my setups and learned a whole lot.

edit, looks like Lingenfelter offers a drivetrain warranty only on their NA LT1 build, the 630 engine HP supercharger build comes with warranty only on the supercharger. OK then. Hennessy offers a 3 year on their 605 and 750 engine HP (upgraded valvetrain, minimum boost for HP) build, so I would agree that some 100 or so engine HP of head room can be gained by adding headers, ported heads and cam as these don't stress the piston / ring assembly as much. You are still hoping that your specific ring gaps will be enough. Mine ring gaps were good and I never had a stock piston / ring issue, so I would probably still be OK even now on my OEM piston, ring, and / or rod assembly.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 06-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Agree with Oldman...There is no "safe limit". The LT1 has made 800whp+ for 30k miles and they have also blown up on the dyno at 600whp within the first couple pulls. Several variables come into play here. Personally I see no issues with pushing this engine into the 700 range if the fuel system and tuning is on point depending on how the car is driven. If you are building a car for the mile events then it probably would be good insurance to do drop in pistons. The way A8 cars are geared there isn't really a ton of load on the engine until 6th gear which is 1:1 @ 145-150 mph depending on tire height and shift point.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITH24K View Post
Jannetty Racing is here to help.

We have been in business 34 years give us a call for solid performance packages that prove time and time again to be ultra reliable.

Give us a call we will discuss all of your options.

https://jannettyracing.com/collectio...2018-camaro-ss
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote