Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #127
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
Look guys, I admit it, this car isn’t for me, for my age and lack of knowledge, and for my young age, but I’m not going to lose an $8,000 down payment I put, and all my past monthly payments to waste. I’m going to keep learning and improving from all the tips and knowledge of the other members/Camaro owners of this website. I get it, the car isn’t for me, and I admit it, but I’m not gonna lose something I love and pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not that the car isn't for you, it's just that you seem to have a little steeper learning curve. Many people on the forum are enthusiasts because we literally grew up around hot rods and performance cars.

As far as the trolling comments, welcome to the internet. If you have a question ask it. If you have question about the answer, ask it. Admitting a lack of knowledge is the first step to get that knowledge. When people try to help thank them, when people call you a troll, ignore them.

You have one of the best performance cars on the market. It is built on one of the best platforms General Motors ever made, the Alpha platform. This is the same platform the CTS-V and the ATS-V was built on. This is the same platform that just about any professional that reviewed and compared them to BMW said the Alpha cars were better. A member of this forum (forget who) in another thread said it best, GM built a better "M" car than BMW.

Forget about the recording deal, it's only getting in your way, and it won't help us help you anyway, and is more likely to help you learn what it's like to hit a tree, and you don't want to learn that!

Read up first on automatic transmissions and how they work, then read up on your transmission and how it works. Then read up on differentials and how they work, then read up on your differential and how it works. There you find out why there is a 'delay' when you stomp on the gas.

There aren't many cars out there that can outperform the car you have. Those that can have a much higher price tag, and for good reason. You just need a little education and a lot of experience, it's not going to happen over night. Relax, enjoy the car.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #128
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
It's not that the car isn't for you, it's just that you seem to have a little steeper learning curve. Many people on the forum are enthusiasts because we literally grew up around hot rods and performance cars.

As far as the trolling comments, welcome to the internet. If you have a question ask it. If you have question about the answer, ask it. Admitting a lack of knowledge is the first step to get that knowledge. When people try to help thank them, when people call you a troll, ignore them.

You have one of the best performance cars on the market. It is built on one of the best platforms General Motors ever made, the Alpha platform. This is the same platform the CTS-V and the ATS-V was built on. This is the same platform that just about any professional that reviewed and compared them to BMW said the Alpha cars were better. A member of this forum (forget who) in another thread said it best, GM built a better "M" car than BMW.

Forget about the recording deal, it's only getting in your way, and it won't help us help you anyway, and is more likely to help you learn what it's like to hit a tree, and you don't want to learn that!

Read up first on automatic transmissions and how they work, then read up on your transmission and how it works. Then read up on differentials and how they work, then read up on your differential and how it works. There you find out why there is a 'delay' when you stomp on the gas.

There aren't many cars out there that can outperform the car you have. Those that can have a much higher price tag, and for good reason. You just need a little education and a lot of experience, it's not going to happen over night. Relax, enjoy the car.
No no, I think holding the phone for a video is a great idea if you put it like that.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #129
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Read some of this and had to stop. At 21 I was in no position to consider $$$$$ vehicles, for one. Two I wonder what OP does for work and three, does OP live with parents. Four, maybe glad to not be 21.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:39 PM   #130
Cherry

Drives: 2017 SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C 1SS 1LE View Post
Read some of this and had to stop. At 21 I was in no position to consider $$$$$ vehicles, for one. Two I wonder what OP does for work and three, does OP live with parents. Four, maybe glad to not be 21.
Bought my 2SS Fifty used when I was 23 after fully paying off a Fiesta ST that I bought brand new at 21. Not that hard to do with a decent paying job. I also live 1000 miles away from my parents. It's a Camaro not some imported luxury car.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #131
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Congrats.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 AM   #132
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
No no, I think holding the phone for a video is a great idea if you put it like that.
Not if you own the tree...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/11/...le-home-video/
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:23 AM   #133
2SS6th

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Regarding the 455lbs torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

Oki, that wasn’t me

*laughing so hard thinking the members believe it was OP*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk