Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #15
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I also run PS4S (and am satisfied), but that's not the Cup series he was asking about... those are more likely to throw a barrage of rocks.

I currently have the stock Goodyears on my 19 ZL1 / LE. Like my 2013 GT500 I had in the past which had a Goodyear F1 on it, they both throw a ton of stones against the underside of the cars. I didnt track the Ford and wont be tracking this Camaro so, Im going to replace the tires on it now with a harder compound since I dont need all that grip. I was trying to get a general feel of what my best options would be that would still give me some grip and not pepper my car with gravel.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #16
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
I currently have the stock Goodyears on my 19 ZL1 / LE. Like my 2013 GT500 I had in the past which had a Goodyear F1 on it, they both throw a ton of stones against the underside of the cars. I didnt track the Ford and wont be tracking this Camaro so, Im going to replace the tires on it now with a harder compound since I dont need all that grip. I was trying to get a general feel of what my best options would be that would still give me some grip and not pepper my car with gravel.
Invest in some rock guards and also may want to look into some paint protection film. The film can get expensive depending how much of the body you choose to have done.
I have the ACS rock guards. They are not cheap but I believe they look and fit the best. Just my opinion.
I also spent the money and had my car completely done in Suntek paint protection film. You have to keep in mind that these ZLE cars run wider rubber than a ZL1. So the rubber obviously sticks out further from the body.

I waited about a couple thousand miles before I received my spare rims with with the Michelin rubber. One rim was lost in transit. Hence the wait to put the Michelin’s on. Anyhow, I had the rock guards but decided to wait to put them on until the new rims and tires arrived. If I look closely in front of the rear tires I can see very light white marks in the ppf. They are barely there but I know they are there. But once I installed the rock guards no other small white marks have shown up so I believe they help a lot and I should have installed them the first day I brought the car home as I had them there.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #17
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
Maybe someone who owns the Michelin Cup Series of tires can respond to this. Does the Michelin Series of tires kick up alot of rocks, stones ect. ? or does it seem the compound is harder then what comes stock on the Goodyear Super Car tires ?
I had the Cup 2's (zp) on my Z06 for awhile and yes, everything sticks to those tires. I replaced the Cup 2's with the PSS (zp). The PSS's are no where near as bad as the Cup 2's for picking up stuff off the road. For street use, I think the PSS is the better tire, however, if I decide to track my Z06, I will use the Cup 2's.

I still have the stock Goodyear tires on my Camaro.

--KLG--
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote