Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #29
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #30
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged

Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Very good, sir. I approve.
Ditto! Looks very nice.
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #31
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Honestly don't mind the way the muffer looks normally. I really don't see the big fuss. It doesn't stick out at all to anyone that is looking at the car. People will be more fascinated with the car than the muffler. It's a low car, the mufflers are very low to the ground, most cars, people, SUVs, etc, won't even be able to see the mufflers.

Do whatever floats your boat. I'm not spending any $ on cosmetic modifications on the car until my beast is completely bore/n/stroked, beefed up, man-flapped, the whole 9 yards.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #32
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Looks great! Im definitely gonna do the same when I get mine in. Since I'll probably be going with AR headers and high flow cats, and leaving the stock exhaust cuz I dont want to blow out my eardrums on long trips. Painting the mufflers black makes them fade into the background behind the rear valence, like the should, goes with the car better I think. The only time I want my exhaust to stand out is the tips and when you pop the hood and look at the headers, that's what ceramic coating is for!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #33
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS
Me likes Blue

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2010 SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post

TJ91 - Painted them with Rust-o-leum High Heat Bar-B-Que paint.

MMMmmmmmm Bar-B-Que'd Mufflers.....
Own 68 Camaro RS 327 LeMans Blue, 2002 Vet Electron Blue
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #34
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoodengr View Post
Looks much better. Definety worth the work.
Ditto, wonder why GM didn't paint them, they do on the vette's which really cleans up the back end. Hell even my 95 Monte Carlo Z34 mufflers were painted flat black.

The silver mufflers really stick out like a sore thumb:

Come on GM sweat the details were are probably talking about $2 in paint.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #35
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool Painted Mufflers

That is frekking awsome nice thinking looks great because it blends in with the rear bumper, thanks for the tip hd48 Rob Picking up on july 4 ss2 rally yellowCant wait seeya
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #36
Car West Elite

Drives: Camaro,Corvette,Nova,Lexus....
Here are some shots of one of our current projects. I will have a new thread on this car tomorrow after it is complete. I just saw this thread and decided to show some early shots. Painting the mufflers is a nice touch.

Car West Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #37
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Looks good - satin finish????

Let us know what else you're doing!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #38
Car West Elite

Drives: Camaro,Corvette,Nova,Lexus....
Quote:
Looks good - satin finish????

Let us know what else you're doing!
Yes, it is a satin finish using a hi-temp paint.

I will have a thread for this project tomorrow. Cool new stuff. Lots of black out on a victory red SS.
Car West Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #39
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Quote:
Here's a picture of our Camaro as I was painting the mufflers before I finished doing both. With the black valance, IMO the mufflers stand out too much so I painted both. I used Rustoleum "High Heat" spray paint (I'm sure any paint for a Bar-B-Que would do).

Clean the mufflers with dawn or any grease removing cleaner using a dobbie or other rough surface brush or sponge. I don't recommend using any sort of sand paper. Let dry or use a leaf blower to get the moisture off.

I don't think you should paint them while they're hot. As with any spay paint, put on several light coats, let 'em dry between coats (about 8-10 min), and make sure you mask off the area surrounding what you're painting. The paint I used said to wait one hour (I know, it ain't easy to wait). After that, drive your a$$ off.
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #40
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Quote:
Here's a picture of our Camaro as I was painting the mufflers before I finished doing both. With the black valance, IMO the mufflers stand out too much so I painted both. I used Rustoleum "High Heat" spray paint (I'm sure any paint for a Bar-B-Que would do).

Clean the mufflers with dawn or any grease removing cleaner using a dobbie or other rough surface brush or sponge. I don't recommend using any sort of sand paper. Let dry or use a leaf blower to get the moisture off.

I don't think you should paint them while they're hot. As with any spay paint, put on several light coats, let 'em dry between coats (about 8-10 min), and make sure you mask off the area surrounding what you're painting. The paint I used said to wait one hour (I know, it ain't easy to wait). After that, drive your a$$ off.
www.youtub22010camarossw-slp long header loudmouuth exhaust
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #41
LH17

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Painting my mufflers was the first thing I did after taking delivery. Mine had some "drips" from the welding process that made it look even uglier. I used VHT flame proof header paint I found at Advance Auto Parts. For those having doubts about if they should go through with it, look in the Camaro brochure, they're painted in the close up picture of the exhaust tip.
LH17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #42
Karnage541

Drives: 2010 VR 1LT/RS Camaro
Quote:

Nice job i just found this thread today and i was going to do this to mine tomorow lol
Im just wondering, has anybody takin the exhaust off to do this, or did they leave it on? I was thinking about taking it off but leaving it on is just sooo much easier.

Last edited by Karnage541; 07-19-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Karnage541 is offline   Reply With Quote