Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Horrible Experience with RPI - DON'T BUY FROM RPI!!!

Bought door kick panels for my new C7 Corvette (love it by the way!) from RPI. Driver's side panel was warped so bad it wouldn't hold to the door. (See pic below of the panel next to a straight edge - panel is warped on both ends!).
Contacted RPI and politely asked for a replacement panel. Josh Greenawalt , the owner refused to replace the panel.
When I complained he wrote on another forum that he offered to replace it if I mailed it back - to which I said 'are you paying for shipping" since it's defective? Greenawalt says Nope. Real customer service oriented company, right?
He also lied and said he asked for pictures - he never asked. (However I did reach out to Don at RPI who works for Greenawalt with pix, but he couldn't do anything.)
SO DON'T BUY FROM RPI!
Attached Images

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 04-03-2014 at 11:29 PM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #2
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
I have had my dealing with Josh but Don usually helped me. Its a shame how some companys treat their customers.

Like other things we learn our lessons the hard way :(
Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
Jared91

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/M6
No way idea except that. Customer service is #1 most important thing to me when i choose who to buy from. Thanks for shareing, good to know who to avoid.
2011 Ls3. Slp TSV2300. 8PSI. 3.4 Pulley. Livernois Twin Fuel Pump. Id850 Injectors. Slp 1 3/4 headers. CAI Cold Air Intake. 3inch exhaust. V-Maxx portted throttle body. Night Fury cam. Lpe 391 gears. Fj performence tune. 643rwhp 574rwtq
Jared91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
I think making a customer pay for return shipping on a product they sent that was either defective to begin with or damaged in transit is bs.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
I had ordered kick panels for mine painted Victory Red. They arrived quickly but they were for a C7 and not a Camaro. I contacted them and they said they would get another set right out. A week or so went by and I heard nothing so I contacted them and got an email back with a tracking number. It was the tracking number for the original shipment of wrong ones so I had to contact them again. It became clear they didn't know where the order was or if it was. In the end I waited several days again for them to make new ones because they clearly didn't when they said they did. Even then several days later I had to contact them again to get a tracker.

A couple weeks ago I PM'd them about some replacement clips for my front splash shields. I got an answer that they could get me a pack of 4 for 6.50 and to call Don. I did that and when they arrived I got two for 6.50.

Not bothering to deal with them again. I'm done.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
These posts make me grateful that I stopped wasting my money on unnecessary car accessories a long time ago.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote