Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #99
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
by the way -- while we worked hard to get a 5-star crash rating -- I DO need to point out that IF that was a rear-end crash at 70, it was a glancing one -- which pushed the car out of the way.

No car would look that good after a direct hit at 70..........
I was thinking the same thing.

But the car held up well.

As far as the seatbelt thing goes: I've worked in insurance in some form or another for 10 years now. I have seen HIDEOUS things. The difference in carnage between accidents with people wearing and not wearing seatbelts is hard to describe.

Some examples? Well if you insist. Femurs pushed out of their sockets and driven up into the abdominal cavity, multiple people going into or through their windshields and getting cut up in process, people going rag doll after being ejected, people going head down in a roll over and having their neck pinned back (breaking it) or pinned forward (asphyxiating them over a 10 minute period). Is it a personal choice to not wear a seatbelt? ya probably- but it's a stupid choice.

As far as a the manual or auto debate goes, just yesterday I actually saw a guy eating with his right hand with his left hand crossed over his body to shift- he was either not steering or using his legs. So idiocy is beyond transmission types.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #100
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Seat Belts - Priceless -

efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #101
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I agree with this as well. This too is a hazard on the road. These people are just as inconsiderate as the people who won't allow traffic to merge. Move over if you're going to go slow.
Personally if I stay in the left lane I go the limit or faster usually up to 10mph more, most cops don't care about that. I usually do this when there is a diarrhea of cars all going slower but there is always that guy/gal that has to do 30 or or more over, which honks and or flashes high beams for you to move when you are not prepared to do so. Just because they know it's a danger to them to change lanes at that speed but it's ok to surprise you and try to force you to do it. Yes the same ones complaining for you to move over are the same ones also breaking the law.

BTW it beleive is an arestable offence here in FL if yopur going faster than 100MPH.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #102
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
Seat Belts - Priceless -

I've seen a few like that, I remember one guy that did not wear his seat belt almost naked from all the clothes being torn up and/or come off by the asphalt and he kept asking what happened over and over and over. He was lying in a pool of blood covered by road rash staring into space, you'd figured he would be in agonizing pain but that was his only response. I'm sure he probably died if he did not hes a vegetable somewhere or at best a quadriplegic. The car actually looked worse than in those pictures. It was a Honda and it literally disintegrated after hitting a tree.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #103
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
We need better and more stringent driver's education classes and driver testing. I think I am going to start carrying a stack of Driver's Ed books and leave them under people's windshield wipers if I catch them doing something stupid. Maybe they'll take the hint...
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #104
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
They come out looking like this:

I dunno if you know just how appropriate that picture is! In Japan you only leave chopsticks sticking up out of a bowl like that if it's for a funeral.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #105
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
I think the guy getting passed up should get the ticket not the one passing on the right.
That really depends on the situation, for every rolling roadblock there's a an idiot who doesn't think you're passing fast enough and tries to whip around you while you're closing on another car. That ticket belongs to the passer.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #106
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I hear you KJS. It is amazing how many Camaro's are getting creamed from the rear..........why? But great to know how safe they are.

I drive about 45,000 Miles a year between my Job, Necessity, and pleasure. People are getting worse at driving. I do 90% of my driving between NY (including LI) and NJ.

In LI (where you are, and I grew up) here is what I notice:
- Nobody wants to be the one that yield
- Rolling Stops
- Blowing of lights, just after they turn.....very common
- Angry drivers, probably due to the amount of people on the road

"Upstate" NY (Westchester, Rockland and above)
- People stopping in improper places
- Nobody pulls into the shoulder before turning, blocking the traffic lane
- lot of slow drivers

NJ:
- Lots of people blocking the lanes to do whatever
- people that jump into the left lane WITHOUT JUDGING THE SPEED YOU ARE COMING DOWN AT, so you need to jump on your breaks
- The traffic patterns are erratic, making a right to make a left causes out of state drivers confusion and darting across 3 lanes
- People ride you ass....really close
- Slow left lane drivers that will not move to the right even when there is room

As far as no seatbelt, let the idiot learn the hard way, when I was a 17 year old new driver, it saved my life one day.......I love that invention.
+1