Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-18-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
Sound system upgrade

Hello,

Does anyone have knowledge about upgrading sound system in 2018 Camaro LT non-bose.
Already upgraded all interior speakers.
I want To add an amp to increase sound.
I don't care about base

Getting mixed opinions from car stereo shops. Some say I need a harness 2 bypass the factory amp. Others say, I don't need the harness. The harness is an xtra 250. I don't want to buy it, if it's not necessary. Anyone know? Thx
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie4bear View Post
Hello,

Does anyone have knowledge about upgrading sound system in 2018 Camaro LT non-bose.
Already upgraded all interior speakers.
I want To add an amp to increase sound.
I don't care about base

Getting mixed opinions from car stereo shops. Some say I need a harness 2 bypass the factory amp. Others say, I don't need the harness. The harness is an xtra 250. I don't want to buy it, if it's not necessary. Anyone know? Thx
Sub thump harness is what I believe you need. It’s around $60. I was looking to do the same. I am starting with new front 6x9’s. You said you upgraded the speakers already and it’s not enough? Now I’m concerned that spending money on new front speakers will be a waste. Did it improve the sound at all?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Sub thump harness is what I believe you need. It’s around $60. I was looking to do the same. I am starting with new front 6x9’s. You said you upgraded the speakers already and it’s not enough? Now I’m concerned that spending money on new front speakers will be a waste. Did it improve the sound at all?
$60? They're trying to claim $250. Yes, upgrading the interior speakers helped. I just want more overall. U honestly might be satisfied if u just replace your interior speakers. Just depends on what you're looking for.
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #4
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie4bear View Post
$60? They're trying to claim $250. Yes, upgrading the interior speakers helped. I just want more overall. U honestly might be satisfied if u just replace your interior speakers. Just depends on what you're looking for.
Yep, $60. Check out their website. It’s $59.99. You might also need the ANC adapter. I know it’s needed if adding a sub, but I’m not sure if you need it for what you’re doing. It’s only $20.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #5
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Lightbulb

Boogie4bear:

The Search function is your friend:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...highlight=bose

And many others. Good luck!

(In addition... added later...)

BTW, YouTube has good search too:

(Added still later...)

BTW, I think here's a case where Google Search (looking inside of Camaro6 and everywhere else) gives better results than the Camaro6 Search:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=5

Last edited by Plasar; 07-19-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote