Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-20-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Maintaining a C-Quartz coated car with Adam's Polishes products?

*EDIT*

Conclusion: Skip the Ceramic Coating.

So I have a brand new 2018 ZL1 on order; should be here in April. And it's going to go right to the Xpel shop for front facing area coverage. After that, I'm going to have it Ceramic Coated. Ceramic Coating is a thing that I could handle but I don't have the time or a very clean facility to let it sit in.

Anyways, the best detail shop in town (Raving reviews, 4.9 stars out of 5 across 100+ reviews on Google/Yelp) will apply 4 different types of Ceramic Coating...C-Quartz (2 year), Sonax (3 year), SB3 (4 year) and Opticoat pro, which they claim 7 years on.

My question is, if I have them apply a C-Quartz coating...I have all Adam's in my detailing lineup. So I'd be using Adam's Shampoo, Waterless, Rinseless etc. (Obviously I wouldn't use any Sealants or Waxes as those don't bond with Silica). I know CarPro has a whole line of products that are highly respected too that are built to work together. I don't really feel like changing over for just one vehicle (And I probably won't). So would I be fine if I have my car C-Quartz and then use Adam's Car Shampoo for washings, Waterless/Rinseless for touchups, and then a Ceramic Boost as a monthly topper? Any experience? Or should I load up on the CarPro products like Reload, Ech20, etc.? Adam's does have their own line of Ceramic Coatings but I don't know if the shop would install a different brand's coating, and I'm positive they probably wouldn't. So that means I'd have to do it myself...

Thanks

Last edited by Can'tHave2MuchHP; 02-23-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It would be worth it to just buy ech02 and do a rinseless, but the adams rinseless will work fine as well.Rinseless is the best way to clean a coating.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
It would be worth it to just buy ech02 and do a rinseless, but the adams rinseless will work fine as well.Rinseless is the best way to clean a coating.
What other CarPro products should I get if I were to add a few other than a Rinseless/DS type product like Ech20? My understanding of the product is that it is a concentrated slick cleaner and can be diluted or made to be used as a Rinseless wash product as well as a spray detailer etc. I think they have a product called Reload for maintaining coatings?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
Glen e

That would be reload every couple months, but you may find that unessesary.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #5
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
What other CarPro products should I get if I were to add a few other than a Rinseless/DS type product like Ech20? My understanding of the product is that it is a concentrated slick cleaner and can be diluted or made to be used as a Rinseless wash product as well as a spray detailer etc. I think they have a product called Reload for maintaining coatings?
I love you man, love all your posts about making power and all that!!
But, ADAMS really?????????????????

Autogeek is your best friend now....
Love the reload, I reload after every wash, weekly.

Carpro has a new product called GLISS, you and glen might want to look into it.

I might forgo CQ, I'm due for a reapply....
I might just do a essense/ then Gliss

-Bobby
Old 02-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I love you man, love all your posts about making power and all that!!
But, ADAMS really?????????????????

Autogeek is your best friend now....
Love the reload, I reload after every wash, weekly.

Carpro has a new product called GLISS, you and glen might want to look into it.

I might forgo CQ, I'm due for a reapply....
I might just do a essense/ then Gliss

-Bobby
Lol what's funny is a while back (6 months+) Adam's was the only product on everybody's lips for quality and ease of use. Now a lot of guys are pushing CarPro products it seems. I was going through their products and it looks like a setup of Ech20, Reload, and maybe a HydrO2 for the wheels would be all I'd need to add.

That Gliss looks promising, I already looked at that.

There's so many companies and each company has so many products and each product has so many different ways to use them...it's a never ending thing that is Detailing. Lol.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #7
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I still have trouble getting excited about Gliss. It’s an SI02 product that comes in a tiny glass bottle, with the same application process as cqurtz. It’s only difference (to me) seems to be in the description that’s it’s a “top coat”. What’s the difference of adding another layer of cquartz instead of Gliss? Seems silly to me.

If a name brand coating, is damaged somehow by a name brand, PH neutral maintenance soap....something is wrong IMO.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I still have trouble getting excited about Gliss. It’s an SI02 product that comes in a glass bottle, same application process as cqurtz. It’s only difference (to me) seems to be in the description that’s it’s a “top coat”. What’s the difference of adding another layer of cquartz instead of Gliss? Seems silly to me.
Yeah that's about where I have the disconnect too.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #9
Glen e

I seriously keep blinders on about new products because you end up with a shelf full of stuff that all work with within 95% of Each other. I won’t chase the latest and the greatest, it has to be a major technology change for me to switch (like polymer to silica).....mike Phillips said it best: “find something you like and use it often”......
Old 02-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #10
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
I still have trouble getting excited about Gliss. It’s an SI02 product that comes in a tiny glass bottle, with the same application process as cqurtz. It’s only difference (to me) seems to be in the description that’s it’s a “top coat”. What’s the difference of adding another layer of cquartz instead of Gliss? Seems silly to me.

If a name brand coating, is damaged somehow by a name brand, PH neutral maintenance soap....something is wrong IMO.
I get you for sure. The DOWNSIDE for me with all brands of coatings, once applied you don't get that smooth as a babies ass on your paint.

I like the feel of silk on my paint. LOL That's why I reload every week.

I'm hoping GLISS gives me the feel that I want.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #11
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:

Gliss is made specifically to deter water spots, which is a problem with ceramic coated cars.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #12
Rooster OG

Drives: 2016
I coated mine with Adams and use their ceramic boost. I dunno, I don’t see anything wrong with Adams stuff cept it’s a little overpriced. The ceramic boost product seems to work well.
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #13
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster OG View Post
I coated mine with Adams and use their ceramic boost. I dunno, I don’t see anything wrong with Adams stuff cept it’s a little overpriced. The ceramic boost product seems to work well.
I think Adam's products are solid. If you catch an Adam's mystery box you can get a good array of their products at a good discount. They don't have a wholesale program so I don't buy a lot from them but I have gotten a few mystery boxes so i have tried many of their products.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #14
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Every detailing forum/thread you read you get a lot of opposing information on different brands of car detailing products. Sometimes I feel like throwing all my Adam's in the trash and buying a CarPro lineup. Other times, it seems darn near everything is the same stuff, different packaging or price. I'm probably going to just bring it home, strip wash it, iron decon, clay, finishing polish (Either Essence or Adam's Finishing), seal it and drive it. I only have a 4-5 month driving window here in Michigan.