Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
Knock/Ping coming from rear passenger side car?

Hey guys,

Okay, i've got this ping that is driving me nuts. It sounds like when the exhaust is hitting the crossbrace underneath. It only does it when going over jarring bumps. I"ve re-adjusted the exhaust twice and it's no where near the cross brace now. It's clear of the heat shield on all sides and all the way from the headers to the tips. I CANNOT for the life of me find this ping. I am lowered on pfadt springs and have pfadt sway bars installed. Could there be something in the suspension that would cause a knock/ping? They have all been installed for about 3 months and never heard a peep out of them, so i dont THINK that's what it is, but i'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

update: if i open the passenger door and bounce on the door seal, it does the noise really loud. Is there something where if the suspension compresses it metal could hit metal?

Last edited by Captain McFunk; 02-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Captain McFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Alright, final update, got it fixed. The endlinks weren't tight enough. Hope this helps anyone else that runs into this.

Has anyone else had this problem with the end links losening after a while?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
where did you feel/hear it when you were driving? i have a mystery clank/thud noise but its near the center of the car going over severe bumps. I can feel it with my hand on the center console.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
dupton

Drives: blue
I have the same problem. I can feel the vibration in the center console, when I hear the noise. When I'm driving it sounds like its coming from over my right shoulder. It occurs on deep depressions in the road on the descent (down) motion not the ascent (up) motion. It can happen at most speeds. Somedays, over the same road I wont hear it at all, and then the next day it will not stop. It sound like metal on metal or a loose door vibration.
dupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Good to see you were able to get this fixed Captain McFunk. dupton, have you been able to check to see if Captian McFunk's solution could be helpful for you? You may also want to have your dealership check it out if you're not comfortable working with your vehicle. I hope these suggestions help you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote