Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone plastidipped aftermarket wheels?

Given some thought to plastidipping my gunmetal wheels flat black. idk what happened, but 3 of my wheels are an almost flat gunmetal while the other wheel is still how it looked when I got it. I've only used Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner and water to clean them in the shade, so idk what the deal is with them.

Just curious if anyone has plastidipped aftermarket wheels, and the TSW Nurburgrings in specific?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I got as far as my TSW centercaps when it comes to the plastic dip. I also did my tail light bezels. As for doing the whole wheel... I know its been done, but I can not see it holding up. That stuff is not that durable. I personally would pass on something that big with that much detail. You might want to check if there are any local powder coaters that can take care of you. I know my brother found a place by us that will do his wheels for 50 bucks each. It's definetly more money than plastic dip, but in the end... it will last.

My 2 cents

P.S. Do the center caps. It changes the whole look of the wheel. That stock cap stands out WAY to much. It would fit the look of your car way better.

Last edited by newagemuscle; 09-17-2011 at 10:21 PM.
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote