Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #43
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Don't they have the LT1? It's literally a base v8 car in an RS shell
Yes, the LT1 is the "lowest" trim level with a V8 - starting price is $35,195. Believe he has ordered a 1LT with a V6, starting price is $28,290.

Very similar names, but if you put the 1 in the wrong place it makes a big difference to the bottom line

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #44
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSully View Post
Yes, the LT1 is the "lowest" trim level with a V8 - starting price is $35,195. Believe he has ordered a 1LT with a V6, starting price is $28,290.

Very similar names, but if you put the 1 in the wrong place it makes a big difference to the bottom line

Honestly bang for the buck the SS 1le is the best value GM offers in camaro. If you can afford the ZL1 it's even better bang for the buck, but in general, the SS 1le package (2ss if possible), is the best car in the 45-70K market
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:43 AM   #45
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:

Yep - move that "1" around to adjust things!

Ill have to go back and look but my car ended up being like $29,500. Thats with the carbon 20" wheels & the hood stripes added. It required the LT2 package to be able to choose the V6 though. Base models only get to pick the T4 engine. Maybe Im confused here, lol. No other add ons. I tried a few times to mess with a V8 config and it always get close to $40K once I added like anything. I can check again but even $35,XXX starts to get up there for me.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:38 AM   #46
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post

Ill have to go back and look but my car ended up being like $29,500. Thats with the carbon 20" wheels & the hood stripes added. It required the LT2 package to be able to choose the V6 though. Base models only get to pick the T4 engine. Maybe Im confused here, lol. No other add ons. I tried a few times to mess with a V8 config and it always get close to $40K once I added like anything. I can check again but even $35,XXX starts to get up there for me.

Understood, the v6 is good I have a couple friends with them. Good exhaust mod options, but the 4 banger turbo offers a little more in the aftermarket space.
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:55 AM   #47
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:

Not quite correct - you don't need to choose the 2LT to get the V6.

1LS - T4 only
1LT/2LT/3LT - T4 or V6
LT1 - V8 only
1SS/2SS - V8 only
ZL1 - SCV8 only

Within the #LT and #SS groups, you can get additional standard equipment as the number gets higher. The main difference between the 1LT and 2LT appears to be the seats and the addition of dual-zone climate control. The 3LT adds all of the convenience and safety options on top of that.

In the SS group, the 1SS has cloth seats, and the 2SS has leather with all of the convenience and safety options.

The price you mention for what you ordered sounds like it's a V6 1LT (starts at 28,290 w/ a manual).

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #48
s2mikey

Quote:
Not quite correct - you don't need to choose the 2LT to get the V6.

1LS - T4 only
1LT/2LT/3LT - T4 or V6
LT1 - V8 only
1SS/2SS - V8 only
ZL1 - SCV8 only

Within the #LT and #SS groups, you can get additional standard equipment as the number gets higher. The main difference between the 1LT and 2LT appears to be the seats and the addition of dual-zone climate control. The 3LT adds all of the convenience and safety options on top of that.

In the SS group, the 1SS has cloth seats, and the 2SS has leather with all of the convenience and safety options.

The price you mention for what you ordered sounds like it's a V6 1LT (starts at 28,290 w/ a manual).
Yeah, I think you're right then. I thought I clicked LT2 to gain access to the V6 but Im sure you're right. Either way, It was like $29,650 as configured or something right in there. I made my target of staying at $30K or less. Who knows, I have like 5-6 months to sock a few more bucks away so ya never know. But I do have a budget to stay within. We'll see how it plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Understood, the v6 is good I have a couple friends with them. Good exhaust mod options, but the 4 banger turbo offers a little more in the aftermarket space.
Yep - the T4 has the cottage industry advantage which is usually the case for "boosted" engine cars. The V6 has solid numbers though for what you pay. 335hp and almost 300ft lbs of torque is formidable. And there are a few tasteful upgrades like an inatke/exhaust tweak to add a little to those numbers down the road.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:46 AM   #49
avmac1098

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Unfortunately got some rough news for us potential V6 owners. My sales guy just emailed me and said that the V6 motor is going to be constrained until sometime in November. He found out during a meeting at the dealership this morning so I would assume it's valid. Time to pray for hopefully a spring 2022 delivery!
January 6: Cancelled Order
January 6: Bought a Riverside Blue LT1 V8 in-transit to a dealer
January 19: Expected delivery!!!!
January 21: Received
avmac1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #50
Camaro2022

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmac1098 View Post
Unfortunately got some rough news for us potential V6 owners. My sales guy just emailed me and said that the V6 motor is going to be constrained until sometime in November. He found out during a meeting at the dealership this morning so I would assume it's valid. Time to pray for hopefully a spring 2022 delivery!
That isn't great news. I fear there will be even more constraint issues and/or supply issues and not just for the V6 engine (and the ongoing chip issue). With Camaro losing favor within GM and Covid-19 causing supply issues (supply plant closures globally) along with even more (eventual) future GM/Camaro downtime I'd go and find (which I did) a 2021 V6 model (that is or is close to what you want in a 2022 model) before they are all gone and a bunch of 2022 orders need to get converted to 2023 models (like so many of the 2021 orders that had to be cancelled).
Camaro2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:28 AM   #51
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2022 View Post
That isn't great news. I fear there will be even more constraint issues and/or supply issues and not just for the V6 engine (and the ongoing chip issue). With Camaro losing favor within GM and Covid-19 causing supply issues (supply plant closures globally) along with even more (eventual) future GM/Camaro downtime I'd go and find (which I did) a 2021 V6 model (that is or is close to what you want in a 2022 model) before they are all gone and a bunch of 2022 orders need to get converted to 2023 models (like so many of the 2021 orders that had to be cancelled).
Oh gawd. No way I’m waiting until 2023 or even late 2022 for the car. If it gets that ugly I’ll either find one that’s from a cancelled order that’s as close to what I want as possible or straight out bail. As much as I really like the 6th Gen Camaro, I can’t enjoy the car if I can’t get one and drive it. Having it on order doesn’t cut it. 4-6 months or so is one thing but I want a car for next spring, not next fall or later.

Life is too short and there are other interesting choices out there other than the Camaro. This is of course my least desirable path to take as I really do want the Camaro. But I won’t wait forever either.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #52
Camaro2022

Quote:
Oh gawd. No way I’m waiting until 2023 or even late 2022 for the car. If it gets that ugly I’ll either find one that’s from a cancelled order that’s as close to what I want as possible or straight out bail. As much as I really like the 6th Gen Camaro, I can’t enjoy the car if I can’t get one and drive it. Having it on order doesn’t cut it. 4-6 months or so is one thing but I want a car for next spring, not next fall or later.

Life is too short and there are other interesting choices out there other than the Camaro. This is of course my least desirable path to take as I really do want the Camaro. But I won’t wait forever either.
I agree. You have to have it to enjoy it. I have always wanted a Camaro and I'm finally in a position where it makes sense to own one. I've written on this site earlier that I have just purchased a 2021 3LT (added front splitter/rocker moulding to what the dealer had already ordered which included a sunroof and the Shock & Steel package). Anyway, so now I do feel great that I 'own' my Camaro ... but it's currently at status MP (It was first bayed March 2). I've been told by my dealer and GM Customer Service that it's waiting on an ECM chip. GM Customer Service said to check back with them in 4-6 weeks for an update on it's progress. SO, even though that's all it needs along with QC and testing .... I'm hoping to get it by Christmas (let's say it's done in 6-8 weeks and then it's 4-6 weeks for delivery (in Western Canada)!?!

I really don't want it sitting out in a parking lot over the winter somewhere in Michigan. I plan on parking it in my heated garage or in heated storage over the winter. And, since they are not producing the Shock colour for 2022 (and I feel that 3LT's seem to be a bit of a unicorn, especially in the Shock colour) they kind of have me at their mercy in terms of hoping for the best with my purchase at this point.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:34 AM   #53
tommcd24

Drives: 2SS M6 NPP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmac1098 View Post
If that is true, that is unfortunate, but I would look for another source to validate before getting too excited, just to be sure. Not doubting avmac’s dealer, I just always like to see/hear info from multiple sources to confirm.

Also for what it is worth, currently allocated orders are targeted into Oct. already and those will get backed up two weeks (at least) given the current downtime. So the extension may not impact unallocated orders too much.

Especially if you live in the north, getting a Camaro in Dec. or Jan. isn’t ideal. Hang in there and be patient, hope for an early spring delivery and tons of fun next summer. It’s hard, but getting exactly what you want in the end is worthwhile.

Dec. 18: took her home
Dec. 9: arrival at dealer
Nov. 16-29: Toledo, OH (railyard)
Nov. 9: 3800 -> 4300 (for stripes)
Oct. 8: 3400 status TPW 10/25
Oct. 6: 3100 status TPW 10/25
Sept. 9: 3000 status TPW 10/4/2021
Sept. 3: 2000 status (after 5 1/2 months)
Sept. 2: Change Order: 2SS (V6 constraint)
April 12: Reordered as ‘22 3LT RS V6 (March 16:Initial Order ‘21 3LT RS V6)
tommcd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:20 AM   #54
Andrzej

Drives: 2022 RS Convertible
I ordered a V6/RS convertible in July. I went from 3400 status, TPW 8/16 to 3000 status, TWP 9/20, now TPW 11/1.

What is the process of changing the order with the dealer to an LT1? I want cloth seats and Tech package, SS doesn't really appeal to me and the cost is too high.
Andrzej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #55
Camaro2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
I ordered a V6/RS convertible in July. I went from 3400 status, TPW 8/16 to 3000 status, TWP 9/20, now TPW 11/1.

What is the process of changing the order with the dealer to an LT1? I want cloth seats and Tech package, SS doesn't really appeal to me and the cost is too high.
Morning, it's my understanding that as soon as an order hits 3000 status it can't be changed. If they stay on track, it's likely from what I can gather a spring delivery for you. However, as I've already written, I'm taking a pessimistic viewpoint on the next 3-5 months for a variety of reasons. Sorry to hear that your order status/date keeps getting moved around. Frustrating for sure. Hang in there.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:01 AM   #56
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommcd24 View Post
If that is true, that is unfortunate, but I would look for another source to validate before getting too excited, just to be sure. Not doubting avmac’s dealer, I just always like to see/hear info from multiple sources to confirm.

Also for what it is worth, currently allocated orders are targeted into Oct. already and those will get backed up two weeks (at least) given the current downtime. So the extension may not impact unallocated orders too much.

Especially if you live in the north, getting a Camaro in Dec. or Jan. isn’t ideal. Hang in there and be patient, hope for an early spring delivery and tons of fun next summer. It’s hard, but getting exactly what you want in the end is worthwhile.
All good points here. And yes, me being in upstate, NY means that I have no need for the car to get here anytime before next April/May. I just get worried because not long past that time frame Im going to get the itch. Real bad.

Of course I want it the way I ordered if at all possible but if the delays pile up and another opportunity arises I will have to at least consider a different color, a few options, maybe engine choice but the V6 fits my needs and price point perfectly. Not sure of the T4 will cut it for me and the V8 is somewhat overkill and too costly. Worst case I will sadly just bail totally and have to select a different car(make/model) altogether. No Stangs or Challengers though. Will look to Japanese offerings or possibly Europe for a car instead.