Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 05-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #15
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
Having been a Moderator & Admin for many boards similar through the years, I appreciate/understand the line between model/sub-model threads is often hard to discern. I recommend appointing a moderator to this section that has a 1LE or at least a strong interest in the 1LE cars.

This site does very well for daily traffic, considering all the other options available today.... If the staff continues to alienate those that spend time here, those members will find other places to go.
This right here is necessary. A moderator that is familiar with/an enthusiast of the 1LE is needed. +1
Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWAXU View Post
Having been a Moderator & Admin for many boards similar through the years, I appreciate/understand the line between model/sub-model threads is often hard to discern. I recommend appointing a moderator to this section that has a 1LE or at least a strong interest in the 1LE cars.

This site does very well for daily traffic, considering all the other options available today.... If the staff continues to alienate those that spend time here, those members will find other places to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5er View Post
This right here is necessary. A moderator that is familiar with/an enthusiast of the 1LE is needed. +1
Yup, I was a mod on LS1Tech for many years, it's not always as easy as some make it out to be, but moving things that are specific to a certain section should not have happened. But some on here feel the 1LE section is just for the LT and SS versions, as they move and leave all the ZL1 1LE related stuff in the ZL1 section...which doesn't fit the mold of how the forum breaks down unless they change the name of the 1LE section to something like "6th gen Camaro 1LE (LT & SS)".

I have mentioned in the past that I would be willing to help moderate this section, I even know how to use the back end, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears...heck, besides Mr Wyndham (and I doubt he did this), I have no idea what other mods are actually active on the 6th gen side of the website, 90% of them seem to just hang out on the original 5th gen side of things...

Last edited by SS 1LE; 05-30-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:48 AM   #17
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I agree as well, the 1LE stuff needs to stay in here instead of being mixed in with the regular SS stuff. They wouldn't intermix the ZL1 stuff the say way, no reason to so the 1LE stuff that way.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #18
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Definitely agree!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 AM   #19
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
"Make the 1LE section great again!"

*not a political stance, just a joke*
Old 05-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #20
MTS2020

Drives: 2017 HBM SS 1LE
+10000
Old 05-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Looks like the mods are at it again...they moved tx6g1le's tire thread.

So they obviously saw this thread, and everyones displeasure, and decided to ignore us.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #22
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
I completely agree, anything related to the 1LE (even the ZL1 1LE) should stay in 1LE sub section IMO. If the topic is about paint, tint job, warranty issues ..etc I can understand why they may be moved. However, 1LE related threads should stay where they belong to ( "6th Gen Camaro 1LE")
Old 05-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #23
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
For now until this issue is solved if you start a new thread just put this at the end of the title: (LEAVE THIS IN THE 1LE SUB!!!) hahaha
Old 05-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #24
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
For now until this issue is solved if you start a new thread just put this at the end of the title: (LEAVE THIS IN THE 1LE SUB!!!) hahaha
I was thinking similar...like just adding 1LE to every thread we create...

Like "How are you guys cleaning your 1LE brake dust off easily?"
Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #25
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMATT View Post
I was thinking similar...like just adding 1LE to every thread we create...

Like "How are you guys cleaning your 1LE brake dust off easily?"
That works too but I think what I said may help whoever is moving the threads realize they shouldn't be moving them haha
Old 05-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I don't get it? Yeah, some threads may work with non 1LE's, but there were threads moved that dealt with 1LE specific items, like the eLSD's, the brake pads, tires, and so on? The majority of these threads we want in HERE as we want 1LE owners answers to the questions. I mean that is why a 1LE section was made, no? You move them to the regular sections and you have regular SS owners answering questions who may not fully read the thread and answer regarding their diff, or brake pads or tires, etc, etc for example which are not the same. I also know for a fact some 1LE owner only come into this section as they want answers and advice from actual 1LE owners...

Please mods, don't ruin our section!
Your complain is valid and will definitely highlight a bit more thought with regards to moves. Thanks for that, however there is a flip side and I could name many more instances where things are not 1LE related at all.

Some users have never created a thread anywhere, but this section just because that's the car they own without regard to what it's about. I too like my own personal forum section with one place to go to all the time but we need to keep everyone across the board included. Then when threads go dormant it needs to be searchable in the correct section. That's not to say many of these things don't fit in 1LE, they just might be better suited elsewhere. Such as detailing, (unless it's the hood) or Road Track items. Lot's of examples both ways but no need to debate that, lets make it better.

I think maybe some re-naming is in order now that the Z/28 isn't coming. Also, the ZL1-1LE would seem to be out of place in this section. It's now mixed up in the ZL1 section which right now seems like a better fit. Maybe break-out LT as well. Happy to hear any suggestions to make it better.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #27
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Your complain is valid and will definitely highlight a bit more thought with regards to moves. Thanks for that, however there is a flip side and I could name many more instances where things are not 1LE related at all.

Some users have never created a thread anywhere, but this section just because that's the car they own without regard to what it's about. I too like my own personal forum section with one place to go to all the time but we need to keep everyone across the board included. Then when threads go dormant it needs to be searchable in the correct section. That's not to say many of these things don't fit in 1LE, they just might be better suited elsewhere. Such as detailing, (unless it's the hood) or Road Track items. Lot's of examples both ways but no need to debate that, lets make it better.

I think maybe some re-naming is in order now that the Z/28 isn't coming. Also, the ZL1-1LE would seem to be out of place in this section. It's now mixed up in the ZL1 section which right now seems like a better fit. Maybe break-out LT as well. Happy to hear any suggestions to make it better.
All very good points, I agree that there have been some threads in here that would have been better else where but the ones that have been moved in the last few days really should have stayed. Also I think you are right that the ZL1-1LE should stay with the ZL1 sub... because ZL1 haha
Old 05-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #28
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

I think this section could handle all 1LE's (LT, SS, ZL1).. although I do agree the ZL1 1LE is special enough to warrant it's own sub section.

Leaving 1LE related threads in this sub forum make them much easier to find. The search function on this forum (and others like it) doesn't work so well... so the more you divide content up, the harder it is to find.

Closed Thread