Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 10-17-2023, 05:24 AM   #1
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Ikon Motorsports - Front Grill Quality?

looking to change my lower front grill on my 2016 SS. Tried to order the GM one they show on the website but it was cancelled after 4 weeks and no longer shows as an active part. I would imagine discontinued. I found Ikon has an exact looking one like the one i want (2016-2018 Chevy Camaro SS 50th Anniversary Front Lower Grille Guard ). Has anyone ordered this grill or any other similar part from Ikon? Curious as to built quality/etc.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:47 PM   #2
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
I have their OEM style lower front fascia extension that I had painted by a body shop and just installed their OEM style 1LE rear spoiler that they painted. The parts themselves are fine, but the rear spoiler they painted is not the best quality prep and paint job, but it's good enough. The color matches prefect. The rear spoiler was $180.00 painted and delivered, so I can't really complain. It was shipped very well packaged. The 1LE rear spoiler directly from GM is $400.00 +.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 04:32 PM   #3
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
looking to change my lower front grill on my 2016 SS. Tried to order the GM one they show on the website but it was cancelled after 4 weeks and no longer shows as an active part. I would imagine discontinued. I found Ikon has an exact looking one like the one i want (2016-2018 Chevy Camaro SS 50th Anniversary Front Lower Grille Guard ). Has anyone ordered this grill or any other similar part from Ikon? Curious as to built quality/etc.
That part you are wanting to get is well made. It doesn't require any prep work or painting to be done to it. It's gloss black plastic with plastic factory color insert already installed. I wouldn't hesitate at all on getting it.

Make sure you get the matching upper grille that goes with it.

https://ikonmotorsports.com/products...t-upper-grille
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 05:00 PM   #4
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
thanks for the responses