Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-13-2020, 08:12 AM   #1
DaggerMouth

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Anyone have Flowmaster NPP w/ Headers

Does anyone have a clip of the flowmaster NPP with headers installed? normally I wouldn't make a thread asking for this but I could not find one anywhere on YouTube or in the forums. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
I found this one with Kooks LTs.

https://youtu.be/h0824mVE7pc
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:44 PM   #3
DaggerMouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
I found this one with Kooks LTs.

https://youtu.be/h0824mVE7pc
Thank you sir!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6

with added resonators

the resonators brought it down just a touch to were i can take on the hands free better.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #5
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8

This one is 2" Kooks with no cats.

One thing I don't like about this exhaust(I have it so not bashing) is the valves either hiss or rattle when closed. You can hear it in this vid(hiss @ 1:00 mark) when he closes the valves at idle and you can hear it in Jcunningham second video(rattle @ 35 sec) when he closes the valves. Almost all videos out there are taken with only the valves open and it sounds good open on a stock system, but if you have headers with no cats or even stock headers with no cats, it is almost too loud to drive around open all the time. I have my NPP valves to remain closed under all conditions until 3k rpm then the valves open and it screams. However I do not like the valve noises when closed at idle. So the exhaust is pretty good but no perfect...jm2c.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #6
JCunningham

ya i keep mine in sport mode so the stay open at idle
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 01-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
SmurfMaf1a

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post

This one is 2" Kooks with no cats.

One thing I don't like about this exhaust(I have it so not bashing) is the valves either hiss or rattle when closed. You can hear it in this vid(hiss @ 1:00 mark) when he closes the valves at idle and you can hear it in Jcunningham second video(rattle @ 35 sec) when he closes the valves. Almost all videos out there are taken with only the valves open and it sounds good open on a stock system, but if you have headers with no cats or even stock headers with no cats, it is almost too loud to drive around open all the time. I have my NPP valves to remain closed under all conditions until 3k rpm then the valves open and it screams. However I do not like the valve noises when closed at idle. So the exhaust is pretty good but no perfect...jm2c.
Yup even with 2nd cat delete it rattles like shit or leak when closed its embarrassing. I drive in sports mode all the time and it sounds amazing but it's too loud to drive in neighborhoods. I'm already getting mean looks. I am going to weld my cats back on and see how much it changes because I know it made a huge difference on stock npp it should change even more on flowmaster.
SmurfMaf1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
JCunningham

i need to have some one drive my car by me to see how loud it is outside.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
SmurfMaf1a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
i need to have some one drive my car by me to see how loud it is outside.
I cant even imagine with your mods.. just with the same axleback and 2nd cat delete. i shake my whole town home building on cold start. its almost as loud as my 5th gen with headers and npp. However flowmaster makes it rumble with much more bass. Neighbors are not happy right now haha. I am going to tone it down. I see you have resonators. Did you notice a loss in power with those? I was thinking of going that route as well but dont know where to install them at.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
JCunningham

no you wont loose power they are straight through. in made it a little bit quieter but not much. phone calls people say sound better.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #11
SmurfMaf1a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
no you wont loose power they are straight through. in made it a little bit quieter but not much. phone calls people say sound better.
could i place those resonators anywhere on the exhuast or does it matter where you place it?
Old 01-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #12
JCunningham

were i did was the only place
Old 01-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #13
DaggerMouth

Now what about all that with a cam.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #14
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Some solid videos. You really can't beat the Flowmaster NPP system. It is a very aggressive set up especially at wot. We had one customer who already bought the NPP from us install a set of long tubes. He drove it for a day and said it was to loud for him and had us take the headers off. Now that is subjective but it should give you an idea that its loud enough that its not for everyone. With a cam it's only going to get louder. Worth it IMO. If you need the system we have some killer pricing with code CAMARO6
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote