Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
non-ungent things

ok, weird as it is, I bought the RS center caps and I'm very OCD about them looking uniform....I installed them as such, then drove around and they are no longer uniform....I then wondered if my factory bowties did the same...and they do......so wondering if the spindles are touching the center caps and moving them or whats up??

other oddball thing. When I first start my car and go to accelerate the first time it feels like its choking for fuel. kinda hesitates but afterwards is fine.....

thoughts on these issues would be appreciated
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Peelam

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Jet Black, M6
About your center caps. They will never all be the same no matter how many times you align them. When making turns the wheels turn at slightly different speeds and any wheel slippage due to acceleration or braking will also do it.

As for the hesitation my SS does something similar when cold. Most likely due to the fact that the ECU is running off a map when cold and not using the MAF and other sensors until the engine is up to temperature. I was able to get it to be better by replacing the stock plugs and wires with NGK Plugs and race wires.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #3
ron8879

Thank you for the input. That completely sucks about the center caps. Make me want to just get blank center caps. Guess I'll return the RS center caps. The fact they won't stay even will drive me nuts!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Just a side not here. I wanted those RS center caps as well, but didn't want to pay that much. Instead I found some black vinyl decals that go in the little bowtie for $5. Matches the black bowties on front and back now. Just a thought
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Buy a Rolls Royce.
They have center caps that always stay perfectly aligned.

https://youtu.be/YTsFKAy2MX8
Old 06-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
Mosaic6SS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelam View Post
About your center caps. They will never all be the same no matter how many times you align them. When making turns the wheels turn at slightly different speeds and any wheel slippage due to acceleration or braking will also do it.

As for the hesitation my SS does something similar when cold. Most likely due to the fact that the ECU is running off a map when cold and not using the MAF and other sensors until the engine is up to temperature. I was able to get it to be better by replacing the stock plugs and wires with NGK Plugs and race wires.
Did the NGK setup smooth out the idle at all?
Mosaic6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelam View Post

While this info is correct, the transition from open loop to closed loop only takes about 60-90 seconds.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #8
ron8879

I'm probably just giving it throttle too soon. I'll sit for a second before I pop it in gear after I start it. As for the center caps, the stickers still wouldn't solve the problem. They still wouldn't stay even. I had bought the caps so I have about 100 bucks in them right now. I guess I'll either sell them or see if I can sweet talk the dealer into taking them back if possible.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #9
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Align the center caps and then always only drive in a straight line up and down the driveway.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #10
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Align the center caps and then always only drive in a straight line up and down the driveway.

And for the love of god, don't do any burnouts!
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote