Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
2SLOBRO

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Problem...Help

So I have had my 2017 A8 Camaro 2SS for a little over a year now, with no problems except for the occasional rear-end noises that every new sports car seems to have. However, yesterday a new problem showed up. As I was driving I realized the ac was blowing hot on the drivers side, but cold on the passenger side. The next time I started the car, the ac worked perfectly all the way home. But, this morning about halfway to work I noticed it did it again. This time I turned the ac to "LO" and then up to "HI" and it fixed the ac for the rest of the drive. Will see if it continues, but was wondering if what I read to possibly fix this is true? I read that GM potentially will have to take the entire dash and windshield out to fix the actuators for the doors? Anyone have any knowledge on the issue? Should I take it in to the dealer, since it's under warranty? Thanks, for the help in advance.
2SLOBRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
2SLOBRO

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
By the way, all this started as I was getting prepared to buy a Whipple. Would like to see what happens with possible warranty fix for this first. Darn it!
2SLOBRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I had this happen when I first bought my car. If you researched threads for this issue you may have stumbled across mine. Regardless, the shop originally told they would need to pull apart the dash but when they actually did the work they were able to do it without dissecting everything. Which was a big relief. That said, it might depend on which actuators they need to get at. But I would absolutely suggest you get it fixed now under warranty as they will eventually fail entirely. Good luck!
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote