Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-21-2022, 02:26 PM   #1
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Submitted 2nd build with new dealership

As many of you have had to do, I submitted a second build with another dealership a few hours from me, who look to get allot more allocations dedicated to Camaro's. The guy I am dealing with has been pretty good. He's informed me about several things that my initial dealership hasn't. He said he would stay at MSRP. There is a $500 deposit required but he would not make me pay that until I get allocation. He said they have several allocations coming available at the beginning of the year and would expect me to wait no more than the 5th or 12th of January. He supplied me with a current constraint list as well which I appreciated.

I'm just curious. Out of everyone who had multiple builds in at multiple dealerships. Who won out in the end? First dealership or second dealership?
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 03:07 PM   #2
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Good question as I’ve been wondering the same - as well as how it went when telling the other dealership you’ll no longer need their car.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 03:14 PM   #3
eCkO

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Good question as I’ve been wondering the same - as well as how it went when telling the other dealership you’ll no longer need their car.
Same. I did throw out a little nugget to my sales guy at the first dealership my build was submitted, saying I may have to submit a second build at another larger dealership at some point if allocation doesn't come soon. He said he was fine with that and he would likely do the same if he was in my position. I started making calls/ sending emails that day!
Old 12-30-2022, 04:40 PM   #4
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I jumped on a incoming order from an out of state dealer because my local dealer in town didn't get an allocation after 3-4 months. The local dealer didn't care. I didn't even have to leave a deposit when I ordered it, so they just kept the order and would sell it when it came in anyway.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
The 2nd dealer called me letting me know she had an allocation so I took it. I now think initially I should've just called a bunch of dealers and told them to call if/when they get an allocation. Maybe that would've gotten me a car a few months earlier.
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:52 PM   #6
eCkO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwj155 View Post
The 2nd dealer called me letting me know she had an allocation so I took it. I now think initially I should've just called a bunch of dealers and told them to call if/when they get an allocation. Maybe that would've gotten me a car a few months earlier.
You're likely right. I felt bad initially contacting the 2nd dealer, as I have done the last 5 cars with my Salesguy...but those were different. In this environment, I have to be a bit selfish.
Old 01-01-2023, 01:22 PM   #7
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
You're likely right. I felt bad initially contacting the 2nd dealer, as I have done the last 5 cars with my Salesguy...but those were different. In this environment, I have to be a bit selfish.
Yeah, it sucks betraying the local dealer. My Chevy dealer in town is small, they didn't even ask for a deposit to get an order reserved and gave me an order number the same day. But getting that allocation was the problem, and I had to go out of state to get my Camaro. Then this month, they couldn't beat the deal I got from the dealer 40 miles away on my new Equinox. We're talking a $4k difference in price/trade value, so I had to use the volume dealer.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:18 AM   #8
MPowered

Drives: cam of course
I finally got my ZLE after one year and 4 dealerships, and many more contacted in between. Don't feel like you should be loyal to the first dealership that you placed an order with, especially if they don't have any allocation because the first dealership that I placed my order for one still doesn't have an allocation.
MPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 08:43 PM   #9
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
1st dealer I was @1100 for 7weeks then bailed
2nd dealer I placed the order on 11/21/22 (1100)
My tpw is next week 1/9/23
that's pretty fast,
I got lucky or chose the right dealer...

status was provided by this website
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:50 PM   #10
1ceman

Drives: 2023 LT1 Manual
3rd Dealer. Just keep an eye out on Chevy.com for "In Transit" models. You will probably find something similar or better than what you put in an order for that someone else gave up on for whatever reason.
10/31/22 - General Mgr gives me order # & says I'm #2 for allocation
12/5/22 - Told by friend different dealer getting LT1 by 12/18
12/9/22 - Picked up that LT1
1ceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:58 PM   #11
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
I can agree with what 1ceman said, I was watching chevy.com and I found myself a 23 2ss 1LE still in transit and put down a deposit before it got snagged. I'm pretty happy with it. I have never ordered a car before so I have just been used to being patient and waiting to see what shows up. I think I got lucky and finding the color/trim and everything I want.
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:44 PM   #12
Philly

Drives: ***
Can you share the constraints that they told you about? I've been waiting for a 2SS since June 🥴

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
As many of you have had to do, I submitted a second build with another dealership a few hours from me, who look to get allot more allocations dedicated to Camaro's. The guy I am dealing with has been pretty good. He's informed me about several things that my initial dealership hasn't. He said he would stay at MSRP. There is a $500 deposit required but he would not make me pay that until I get allocation. He said they have several allocations coming available at the beginning of the year and would expect me to wait no more than the 5th or 12th of January. He supplied me with a current constraint list as well which I appreciated.

I'm just curious. Out of everyone who had multiple builds in at multiple dealerships. Who won out in the end? First dealership or second dealership?
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:35 PM   #13
MPowered

Drives: cam of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2022cs View Post
I can agree with what 1ceman said, I was watching chevy.com and I found myself a 23 2ss 1LE still in transit and put down a deposit before it got snagged. I'm pretty happy with it. I have never ordered a car before so I have just been used to being patient and waiting to see what shows up. I think I got lucky and finding the color/trim and everything I want.

It feels like you've won the lotto when you call up a dealership with an in transit car and actually can snatch it. Man, what a difference 3 years made.
MPowered is offline   Reply With Quote