Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 01-10-2021, 09:33 AM   #43
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
With the 1LE suspension and the electronic differential I don't really get any 'mini fishtails' unless I'm going WOT coming out of a turn, even then it's not much. If I'm going WOT from a dead stop, in a straight line, I get spin, but no rear end wiggle.
A 1LE doesn't have 245's either....

I doubt it has much to do with the suspension or the E-diff.

Posi is Posi. Once you take off and start slipping it starts transferring torque to the wheel for more traction. If you have no traction....
Old 01-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #44
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
I have adopted a ton of respect for 1st gear in our LT1s with the nannies off riding the factory 245 runflats. I tend to lift off the throttle as soon as I hear the 1st tire squeak in 1st gear. As mentioned earlier 2nd through 6th will not spin with the nannies off in a straight away, providing dry warm conditions, abundant here down south.
Well, I guess you have better roads in the south then we have prepped drag strips in AZ. In 90* weather I can bark them on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

I haven't tried it with TC off on the track yet.

I can tell you that on the warm AZ streets, with a 1-2 shift making a left turn, the car wanted to do a doughnut. The rear end totally came out from under me. The guy in Detroit had the motor shut down and car straightened out before I could even react. (Which was really freaky. Not that I needed him....)

I can also tell you that what 3rd gen is saying happens a lot when I'm on it.

Third barks, second gets squirrely and would break free...
Old 01-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #45
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
A 1LE doesn't have 245's either....

I doubt it has much to do with the suspension or the E-diff.

Posi is Posi. Once you take off and start slipping it starts transferring torque to the wheel for more traction. If you have no traction....
That has not been my experience. There's a big difference between the SS limited slip differential and the 1LE E-diff

When I owned a 2016 1SS, which has 275s, but no E-diff, I did get a lot more rear end wiggle.

I suspect that the bigger tires, better suspension, and E-diff, ALL contribute.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #46
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I got news for you pards, even with 305/20R30 GY SC tires you can still spin 1st easily and 2nd if they’re not warm.
Same, mini fishtails every time.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #47
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdGenNut View Post
I used to dream of traction but I just realized. I havent lost a stoplight race yet! (Knock on wood).

I realized when Im leaving other cars in the distance my car is literally shaking its ass at them.

As if to say. "Nana nana boo boo. Stick your head in doo doo."

I always thought that was fun and annoying when I was a kid.
But as an adult its just better.
You must hav an A10. My LT1 M6 is horrible off the line. A pickup truck cleaned my clock getting up to the speed limit.

At Atco I could barely break into the mid 12s. With DRS and a Rotofab, the LT1 can run low 12.1s @116.

However I do love taking my LT1 out on a cold day and not having to worry about cracking expensive tires.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #48
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Be careful out there guys. Don’t get caught street racing.
I only carefully do it up to the speed limit just for fun at a light once in a blue moon. I would also add don't kill anyone else but yourself if you street race.

No silly dangerous roll racing. Otherwise I save the real fun for Atco (If it reopens. :()
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #49
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
That has not been my experience. There's a big difference between the SS limited slip differential and the 1LE E-diff

When I owned a 2016 1SS, which has 275s, but no E-diff, I did get a lot more rear end wiggle.

I suspect that the bigger tires, better suspension, and E-diff, ALL contribute.
The bigger tires make a huge difference. Even with your 1SS, they were 275 summer tires unlike the 245 all seasons that come with the LT1’s. The few hard launches I did with the 245’s, forget about any chance at traction. I could easily spin the tires through 3rd gear (M6). Even moderate throttle from a stop could spin the tires. If I took it to a track and had a perfect launch with 245 all seasons, I wouldn’t be surprised if I shaved .5-1 seconds off the 1/4 mile time simply by going with 305 summer tires in the rear.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #50
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Well, I guess you have better roads in the south then we have prepped drag strips in AZ. In 90* weather I can bark them on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

I can tell you that on the warm AZ streets, with a 1-2 shift making a left turn, the car wanted to do a doughnut. The rear end totally came out from under me. The guy in Detroit had the motor shut down and car straightened out before I could even react. (Which was really freaky. Not that I needed him....)

Any one that leans on the gas or makes a speed shift/power shift when turning deserves exactly that, have the ass end kick out on you. And if you are to slow to react, its called donut time... more shit in you pants LOL
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:49 PM   #51
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Any one that leans on the gas or makes a speed shift/power shift when turning deserves exactly that, have the ass end kick out on you. And if you are to slow to react, its called donut time... more shit in you pants LOL
My first C6 a 2006 with the A6 auto was bad about coming around on a turn after it was tuned and modded.

One time making a slow turn i got on the gas a tiny bit and about lost it big time and i was being easy or what you would call normal driving. But it had them hard Goodyear runflats. My 2013 C6 also came with them hard factory Goodyears run flats and they were a joke. Best thing i did was replace them with the Pilot sports non run flats. Once i feel the back end coming around i just let off on the gas right away.

I have yet to really drive hard at slow speeds with my new LT1. Nail it from a slow roll and it will sure come around on ya.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #52
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
When you need to get through traffic and you lean on the gas in your new car...
Old 01-10-2021, 03:41 PM   #53
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
My first C6 a 2006 with the A6 auto was bad about coming around on a turn after it was tuned and modded.

One time making a slow turn i got on the gas a tiny bit and about lost it big time and i was being easy or what you would call normal driving. But it had them hard Goodyear runflats. My 2013 C6 also came with them hard factory Goodyears run flats and they were a joke. Best thing i did was replace them with the Pilot sports non run flats. Once i feel the back end coming around i just let off on the gas right away.

I have yet to really drive hard at slow speeds with my new LT1. Nail it from a slow roll and it will sure come around on ya.
Yes indeed , the goodyear runcraps were awful, had them on my 08 ZO6. Trick is to lift the very 1st hint of body movement, the mustang people have not learned to lift. I can jump on my LT1 from a roll fast enough so it doesnt kick down to 1st gear and it hooks fine in 2nd. Just gotta have warmed up tires, sunshine on the black top street
and low pressure in the rear 26- 27 PSI
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #54
Vega$69

Drives: 2017 Corvette ZO6 & 2021 Camaro LT1
Based on what I'm reading here about 1/2 of these guys need driving lessons. Lol

I'm surprised how well the 245s perform. 4.1 0-60 spec is pro driver on prepped track and the A10.

With launch control on city street I was able to get a 5.0 with my M6 on my 1st try. Full tire pressure. Guessing on a prepped track maybe better than 4.5. Not bad for an all season 245 tire.
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:36 PM   #55
mikec3104

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:

This happens with traction control on?
mikec3104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #56
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec3104 View Post
This happens with traction control on?
4.7 with it on. 4.5 in double tap. I dont floor it if i can help it. I smoked a lexus 5something coupe His tires sat and howeled for what seemed like forever but I waited for him to hook up before I hit the gas and clutch. I couldnt even count the carlegnths at 70
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote