Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Texans and Friends East: Caravan to the Fest: Important Update... Please See post # 1

Critical Updates....

28-March-2011

All, If you are not staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Las Cruces, It appears as if you will not be able to take part in the Pit Stop dinner provided at the hotel... These dinners are going to be charged to the rooms...

Apparently there are still some rooms left as one or two folks have booked rooms in the last week... if you are staying somewhere else, please check and see if there is available space and reserve a room at the Garden Inn before cancelling a room anywhere else... I will be sending a final head count to our contact in Las Cruces by early Wednesday morning...

Thanks All and See ya'll soon...

Stop in Ft Stockton Food Update...

I got this from Rick... after I updated him with the numbers attending... for those that haven't determined it yet, there will be approximately 100 people and 60 cars arriving in Ft Stockton... so far...

The number of people would be great, but appx. is close enough for us.

I will probably set up a seperate self serve, all you can eat buffet. Your guys can have the choice of going thru our regular line or the self serve. We also do Burgers and real fries.

How did you find out about us?

Thanks for choosing us and we look forward to taking care of ya'll.

Thanks again, Rick

There will be around 13 additional cars joining us in Ft Stockton. Camaro21 and Blackhawk6 have agreed to leave the Ft Worth area with their group and take a side trip from Ih 20 down to IH 10 and have lunch with us at Rix BBQ in Ft Stockton... I am going to get ahold of Rix and update the numbers. This is going to require a little assistance in the logistics for this particular stop... We will probably need around half the cars to stop for fuel on the way in to the Ft Stockton area, and the other half to get in line for lunch... This will be reversed as we depart, or it could turn into a very long ordeal trying to get in and out... I am hoping to limit the lunch stop to 1.5 hours total... We have to be considerate of those that are getting up well before the roosters, (Houston Folks driving in that morning) and others that are making a longer jaunt... Canada, Va... etc... More to come on this soon...

If you are interested, Please check this page from Fesler... They are planning on doing a HD video production of the Fest II. You can purchase a DVD or a BluRay disc of the event. They are planning on aerial and ground coverage of events as they play out...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135503

Woo Hoo... We have a lunch stop in place,

I just got off the phone with Rix Pit BBQ in Ft Stockton Texas. I confirmed with him that he has available parking for all of the cars and can feed everybody. They normally close from 2:00 pm until 5:00, but he said that for us, he will stay open and have everything stocked and ready... This is great since we won't be interferring with his normal lunch crowd.

We have a scheduled arrival time of from 2:00 to 2:15 so there it is... It will be your choice BBq as if you had walked in by yourself...

__________________________________________________ ____________

The officially published and set in stone time and location for departure from San Antonio, is, the Marriot at the Rim, San Antonio, 09:00, 13-April-2011... Some of the folks are staying there the evening before, and there is supposed to be plenty of room for parking for the get-together... There will be two other groups meeting along the way, my group from Central Texas, (we will meet up with you near the Segovia Truck Stop just before Junction Texas) and the group out of the Dallas area... We are going to try to have all three groups together no later than El Paso, and hopefully at the IH 10 / 20 interchange. Please do not be "fashionably" late... I need a few folks from Houston and Dallas Ft Worth to exchange phone numbers with me... If any are willing, pm me your cell number, and I'll return it with mine... This is to coordinate our points along the way...
__________________________________________________ ___________

To all attending the Pit Stop in Los Cruces...

The dinner being served at the Hilton will be charged to the rooms. If you happened to have booked at a different facility, bear in mind you may have to make other arrangements for the dinner meet and greet poolside...

Please help spread this to all those that you know of that are going, so no one is surprised...

If you plan on joining the Texas Caravans, regardless of where you are starting your trip, Virginia, Florida, Louisiana, etc... please post your name in here. You may cancel at a later date if need be, but it's easier to drop a name than it is to add it at the last minute... As dates locations etc are revised and finalized, we will update this sticky with relevant information...

Pat, a member in Las Cruces has arranged for a Pit Stop Hotel in Las Cruces... We already have in the neighbor hood of 40 rooms booked. There have been comments of others so...

The link below is to the hotel information. Please mention you are with the Camaro Pit stop when you call... It is easier to reserve your room via a phone call. The number is listed in the linked thread...

2550 Don Roser Dr Las Cruces NM 88011 1-575-522-0900

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107614 Here is the updated information on the room in Las Cruces... Room, Breakfast, and a blocked off parking area in the rear for C5 guests only... Woo Hoo...

Our fore fathers were told to "go west", so lets...

It would be tremendously helpful if we had a reasonable head count...

I know not everybody can commit yet, and some that plan to go will not make it, so it should average out...

The Hilton Las Cruces has 118 rooms. We can pretty much pack the house if everybody gets on board... There is some advantage to this as well... If you plan on staying there, we are also trying to get huge capacity access to a resturant for a really big dinner meet and eat...

If you plan on attending and want to join the Texas Camarovan,, please post your name here and the number of rooms you will need if more than one... Pass this on to others in your club and have them come here to sign up... more rooms sold = better rates. These rates may extend to the trip home if anyone needs to consider that as well...

San Antonio, Dallas, Cen Tex, H-Town, Rio Grande Valley, Galveston, Corpus Christi, El Paso if you guys want a room... and all others coming from the east via IH10 are welcome...

The night at the Hilton is the 13th of April, 2011...I am trying to confirm this... I'll post it asap...Personally, I want to be in Las Cruces Wed the 13th.. Phoenix Thursday eve...Get my fest on Thursday, Friday and Saturday...

Update... Schedule of Events and Cost for Drivers and Spectators.

Entrance Fees (Paid at Gate)
  • Drivers - $100 (Includes 2 days of track events)
    Gets all day (2 days) access to the Drag Strip, Autocross, and entrance into the car show. Any attendee expecting to race must pay this fee. Special colored wrist bands for Drivers will be issued.
  • Spectators - $20 (Covers entry for both days)
    Allows entry into the facility to watch the activities and enter into the car show.
Event Facilities
  • Event location:
    Firebird International Raceway
    20000 South Maricopa Road
    Chandler, AZ 85226-5206
  • Host Hotel:
    Courtyard by Marriott
    1100 S. Price Road
    Chandler, AZ 85286
  • Overflow Hotel:
    Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott (co-located w/ the Courtyard)
    1100 S. Price Road
    Chandler, AZ 85286
Thursday’s Schedule (April 14th, 2011)
  • 8:15 am - 5:00 pm: Sponsor/Vendor setup at Firebird.
  • 7:00 pm: Sponsor/Vendor Dinner with Camaro5 Staff at the host hotel.
  • 7:30 pm: Meet and greet at host hotel.
Friday’s Schedule (April 15th, 2011) Saturday’s Schedule (April 16th, 2011)
  • 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Test and tune
  • 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: AutoX Open laps and grudge races.
  • 2:00 pm - 4:00 Pm Car show
  • 4:00 pm: Bracket racing / Exhibitions / Grudge races
  • 4:00 pm: AutoX Trials
  • 8:00 pm: Trophy presentations
Sunday’s Schedule (April 17th, 2011)
  • 9:00 am: Breakfast (Host Hotel Banquet Hall)
Post in here if you plan on attending the Camaro Fest Pit Stop in Las Cruces, or thereabouts...

If your name is on this list and there is a question mark for dinner, please let me know asap if you will be attending the dinner listed below in Los Cruces... We need pretty firm numbers so that everyone can be accomodated... I need to know the travel party with you, wife, significant other, children etc... Not the whole list of Caravan peeps

1. SSE 4 2SS... SACC 2 for dinner
2. Atti2ude...SACC 2 for dinner
3. ajs69cam...SACC 2 for dinner
4. C4...SACC 1 for dinner
5. Fleet1...H-Town... President 2 for dinner
6. mlee...H-Town 2 for dinner
7. badgebunny...H-Town 2 for dinner
8. GearheadSS...Lone Star CC ? for dinner
9. SSRS2010...EP/LCCC ... 2 for dinner
10. jose1003...EP/LCCC ? for dinner
11.overhaulinengines...SACC 1 or 3 for dinner
12. Char1ieone...EP/LCCC 2 for dinner
13. Kyle.Gilmour...SACC 2 for dinner
14. Kp Mov'n,H-Town CC 1 for dinner
15. Da Hose... H-Town 1 as above
16. 2010ABM...SACC 2 for dinner
17. racelvr24...SACC 1 for dinner
18. racer778...SACC 1 for dinner
19. CamaroSkooter...SACC 1 for dinner
20. rolnslo...H-Town... Maybe 0 for dinner, stopping for the night in Texas
21. Camaro21...Lone Star CC 2 for dinner
22. Wolfinn_2SS...Austin 2 for dinner
23. Tag Ur It...SACC...Mod Squad 2 for dinner
24. Sir Nuke...H-Town 1 for dinner
25. egad09...H-Town 2 for dinner
26. tijlong... 3 for dinner
27. Happy Pappy...SACC 2 for dinner
28. 68blk/yel396...H-Town 1 for dinner
29. robroy44...Florida... 2 for dinner
30. DangeruSS...H-Town ... 2 for dinner
31. GoPaul...H-Town 2 for dinner
32. LiquidInfinity...SACC 2 for dinner
33. SummitSS...SACC...Pres 2 for dinner
34. PnCRedJwL2SS...SACC 1 for dinner
35. PWND...SACC Probably have to cancel
36. Synergy SATX...SACC ? for dinner
37. Rizzo...SACC 1, maybe 2 for dinner
38. Mr.CamaroRS...SACC ? for dinner
39. Blackened SS... Has to Cancel
40. JT 210...Lone StarCC 0 for dinner
42. Our Nightmare...SACC 2 for dinner
43. Viper1cobra... 0 for dinner
44. ac223mal... ? for dinner
45. RobertHarriSS...EP/LCCC 2 for dinner
46. Firefighter1...Abeline...LSCC 2 for dinner
47. ordieman...VA 2 for dinner
48. importkilla...Centex... 2 for dinner
49. JUISSD...H-TownCC Unknown for dinner
50. CWBASEBALL1...Austin 4 for dinner
51. Mike2SS...5GCRGV 2 for dinner
52. SemyDaCop...5GCRGV ? for dinner
53. Blackhawk6...VA 1 for dinner
54. edog... 1 for dinner
55. LWM... 1 for dinner
56. Kjinni...Tuscon Will Meet Up in Tuscon
57. Ripcard...Nashville 2 for dinner
58. Rob191288... ? for dinner
59. CruznSS...Va, Fred 2 for dinner
60. Inuyashas Brother... ? for dinner
61. HINEY1... 2 for dinner
62. Vincewalthers... EP/LC 2 for dinner
63. cerealkller72... 0 for dinner
64. mrbrans5... 2 for dinner
65. SSMagna... 0 for dinner
66. rforbes...Dallas Area... 1 for dinner
67. CM5217... Va, Fred 2 for dinner
68. Luckymex_dallas 6 for dinner
69. Mystic Blue...SACC... 2 for dinner
70. todrules...Ga... 1 for dinner
71. xBlackout_Camaro...DFW 2 for dinner
72. tman10...DFW ? for dinner
73. Bradyd24...Abeline 2 for dinner
74. Wellillbedamned... 2 for dinner
75. WRBear...HTCC 2 for dinner
76. sterlingnotes... ? for dinner
77. bobbyjpgh... ? for dinner
78. BrainleSS... 1 for dinner
79. Jonm38... Fredricksburg Va. ? for dinner
80. bnkriggs...5GCRGV ? for dinner
81. Dave25....5GCRGV 1 for dinner
82. Bandit1565... H-Town 2 for dinner
83. 2FAST2CARE... H-town 2 for dinner
84. Luckynuts...Nashville 1 for dinner
85. BlueDvl1214...C5Line Brownsville Tx 1 for dinner
86. 66olds442... San Angelo... # for dinner

That I know of, or whom have mentioned their plans...
Get the word out... and have them come here to sign in...

This list includes some folks from El Paso and Las Cruces that may or may not stay in the hotel...

I am working with others on a schedule of time for various groups coming out of Texas to Las Cruces... The H-Town is having a meeting in the next week or so to coordinate their trip, and I will recieve the relayed information from one of their members.

I need someone in the Dallas area to help coordinate this on their end. I know the Blackhawk6 is coming from Virginia and may drag a lot of others to meet up with the Dallas gang for the trip.

As was pointed out to me by one of the guys that helped coordinate this last year, the bigger the group gets, the slower everything goes. therefore, we need your assistance to make this work and for everyone to have a blast... It would be amazing to arrive with well over a hundred Camaros...

If we can get all those intending to join us to post in here, we can get the information out in a better fashion..

More to follow, so stay tuned...

Attached Images

Information related to leaving from Los Cruces on to Chandler...

Hi Robert,

Attached is what we have so far.

We have made numerous trips to Phoenix mapping out the Mile Markers
and Exits to the rest stops and gas fueling.

Leaving Las Cruces at 9 AM will put us all in approximately at 3 PM at the Hotels
in Chandler Arizona taking in consideration for pee breaks, gas and food.

The Hwy between Las Cruces and Tucson is a straight away, two lane.
We go through a Border Check about 17 miles out of Las Cruces.

There is a big presence of Border and Highway Patrol the closer we get to Tucson
starting in Benson Arizona.

Let me know any questions or concerns you have.

Hilton Garden Inn
2550 Don Roser
Los Cruces, NM.
575-522-0900

13-Apr-2011, Wednesday...

Buffet Dinner @ Hilton Garden Inn 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Fiesta Enchilada Dinner $18.72 Per Person

14-April-2011, Thursday

Departure Time 9:00 AM,

First rest stop-83 miles (Mile Marker 61)
Second Rest Stop-146 miles (Mile Marker 389)
Third Rest Stop-214 miles ( Mile Marker 321)

Gas and Food, Tuscon (Exit 263B)
In & Out Burgers
Cheveron Gas Station

Continue to Hotels in Chandler Arizona- 1.5 hours (Exit 194)

Designated Parking in Back of Hilton

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 03-28-2011 at 07:32 PM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
In....
Old 10-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
ajs69cam

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey All,

Our fore fathers were told to "go west", so lets...

Pat, one of our C5 family members from Las Cruces, has an appointment in Las Cruces at the Hilton 10-4-2010...to discuss room rates... The manager of the hotel has an SS Camaro as well, so it could be special...

It would be tremendously helpful if we had a reasonable head count...

I know not everybody can commit yet, and some that plan to go will not make it, so it should average out...

The Hilton Las Cruces has 118 rooms. We can pretty much pack the house if everybody gets on board... There is some advantage to this as well... If you plan on staying there, we are also trying to get huge capacity access to a resturant for a really big dinner meet and eat...

If you plan on attending and want to join the Texas Camarovan,, please post your name here and the number of rooms you will need if more than one... Pass this on to others in your club and have them come here to sign up... more rooms sold = better rates. These rates may extend to the trip home if anyone needs to consider that as well...

San Antonio, Dallas, Cen Tex, H-Town, Rio Grande Valley, Galveston, Corpus Christi, El Paso if you guys want a room... and all others coming from the east via IH10 are welcome...

The night going out there is the 14 of April, 2011...

Post in here with the number of rooms and I will keep a running tally... Hurry though... Please...

Robert --- Most if not all of us will be leaving on wens. the 13 of April and arriving in
Las Cruces that afternoon-- Checkout will be thursday
morning--This will leave us all refreshed and ready to go friday morning..
Besides there will be lots to do when we arrive thurs.afternoon @ C5F2

You might want to take a count on what date they are traveling--

C5FEST II APRIL 15-16 2011

AJ

Last edited by ajs69cam; 10-02-2010 at 08:06 PM.
ajs69cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So before posting I did a little math... that's about twice as far as we did last year on Day 1,

Last year we left connected with other areas and left Houston at noon and checked in at Biloxi MS around 7PM. 400 miles with a couple stops for more cars.

We really only have 2 choices on cities to stop in and that's El Paso or Las Cruses. Either will be really streatching the first day drive and check-in would be later in the evening than last year, but we have no choice.

H-Town is already planning to hook up w/ San Antonio and probably Austin that morning so we will need to get a very early start which means if anyone East of us is coming they would probably need to stay overnight in Texas first.

Awesome that we have someone setting us up in LC... I'm in and let us know when firmed up.

AJ is Right... Texas Caravan starts on Wedneday... Check into Host Hotel Thursday afternoon
Old 10-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #5
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
We are in for a wed leave.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Checking back with Pat to make sure of the evening stay in Las Cruces...

He mentioned Thursday eve, but I know many of us are looking to be at the host hotel Thursday eve...Details to follow... sorry for the confusion...I can't phone very well from Brazil, so it takes a little time to get a response...

But please all, pass the word so we get a head count...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So before posting I did a little math... that's about twice as far as we did last year on Day 1,

Last year we left connected with other areas and left Houston at noon and checked in at Biloxi MS around 7PM. 400 miles with a couple stops for more cars.

We really only have 2 choices on cities to stop in and that's El Paso or Las Cruses. Either will be really streatching the first day drive and check-in would be later in the evening than last year, but we have no choice.

H-Town is already planning to hook up w/ San Antonio and probably Austin that morning so we will need to get a very early start which means if anyone East of us is coming they would probably need to stay overnight in Texas first.

Awesome that we have someone setting us up in LC... I'm in and let us know when firmed up.

AJ is Right... Texas Caravan starts on Wedneday... Check into Host Hotel Thursday afternoon
Just thinkin, how many convertibles I will have in by then!!!
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Agree on Wed leave arrive in PHX on Thursday. It's not a bad drive I use to drive it straight...
Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
I'm in for sure! One room here.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
racelvr24
#1330 Born On 3/23/09

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Silver/Purple
I'm in. One room
Old 10-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Im in, wont need a room I have family in phoenix.
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I'm in, of course

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
That would be one looong day from where I live. It's nearly 13 hours of driving (800 miles), not including any stops for food/gas/etc... It would only leave about about 5 hours or so for the drive to Chandler, AZ the second day.

We'll see but I may have to drop out of the caravan in Van Horn, TX that first night and catch back up with everyone the next morning.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #14
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
I'm in !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote