Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 01-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #85
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Hi guys, figured I'd chime in since I was mentioned... I've been selling 5th gen brackets since 2010, and I do plan on offering something similar with the 6th gen...

As they've just finally started showing up locally on the lots I've just now been able to start looking at them and taking measurements. I tried ordering just body parts a couple months back from the dealer parts dept, but for some reason, they were not able to place an order at that time. I do finally have some parts coming in that, according to the dealer parts guy when I talked to him yesterday, should be here by the end of the week, taking longer than normal to get here because they are coming truck freight.

I've had several people asking me when/if I'm going to make a 6th gen bracket of some sort, and I will. Now that I've got some measurements and cars around to try prototypes on it will make life easy and production much quicker to get rolling. I can't guarantee they will attach the same as the previous 5th gen brackets if you are familiar with them, but we will see. I'm looking at a couple options at the moment.

May I be the first in line....... Your product is awesome!
Old 01-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #86
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
I live in Texas and the front plate is required. I don't want to, but I also don't want to be able to be pulled over anytime a police officer sees me. Any solutions, besides move?
LOL. I read most of this thread and I see no solutions so far.

Zip ties were mentioned. I did this with one of my 5th gens that came un drilled. I hope my '16 is not drilled yet.

I will use zip ties until I find a better solution. I don't want to block cooling.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:28 AM   #87
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
In Ohio, it says that the plate must be displayed in plain view on the front and rear of the vehicle. It does not say that it must be mounted on the front bumper. Entirely dependent on how "in plain view" is defined, I guess.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4503.21v1
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #88
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
We got the Sto N Sho kit available.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437185
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #89
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Hi,

Do you have any pics of the 5th gen?
Sure, here are a few images of the current 5th gen stuff:

Bent style on an SS

Bent style a ZL1

Flat style

Bent style 14-15 1LE

The bent style has been extremely popular over the years as it looks like it kind of "flows" with the body lines. I don't sell the flat style ones very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
May I be the first in line....... Your product is awesome!
Thank you!

People typically call me after the motor stops working on the first or 2nd "show n go", or the first time it gets ripped off on something.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #90
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Sure, here are a few images of the current 5th gen stuff:

Bent style on an SS

Bent style a ZL1

Flat style

Bent style 14-15 1LE

The bent style has been extremely popular over the years as it looks like it kind of "flows" with the body lines. I don't sell the flat style ones very often.

Thank you!

People typically call me after the motor stops working on the first or 2nd "show n go", or the first time it gets ripped off on something.
Looks great!
Does this arrangement require holes to be drilled on the underside?

Keep me updated. I am waiting for a 2LT

Thanks!

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:35 PM   #91
ChaseW

Drives: 2016 CamaroSS/16' MustangGT/14'F150
I live in Texas too. It sucks. I got pulled over about a week ago because we were at a stop light and he was facing the front of my car in the other lane. He saw I didn't have a license plate in the front. Of course once he realized it was a new car, everything was good and he started talking to me about the car. He wasn't acting like a tool or anything so I asked him about putting it in the windshield and he said that makes him want to pull people over more than not having one in the first place. Anyways, long story short, I'm gonna put mine on. A few of my buddies have gotten pulled over for it and one of them actually got a ticket for it. So yea im gonna put mine on. I guess it's just not a big deal to me. It's a license plate and it's white and black which actually goes with the color of my car. It's not like I'm putting a yellow license plate on a white car. Lol. That's just me though.
ChaseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #92
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Looks great!
Does this arrangement require holes to be drilled on the underside?

Keep me updated. I am waiting for a 2LT

Thanks!
On the 5th gen there were some existing bolts on the bottom of the fascia that screwed into the bottom of the core support, no extra drilling was needed.

Old pic showing SS bracket attached at pre existing bolt locations. I supply longer and stronger bolts to replace the factory ones that are removed to install the bracket.

Here is a better view of the bent and flat styles from the top down to get a better idea of the difference between the two.

Bent style

Flat style.

I am going to concentrate on the bent style first because it has always been extremely popular compared to the flat.

At this point, I don't know if I am going to be doing an "under the fascia" bracket, or one that attaches to the grill... The 6th gen does have a couple bolts that I could attach something to, but they don't bolt into anything structural like the 5th gen did. I may be able to make a "lighter" duty bracket that utilizes these holes.

I may be making a "spring loaded" bracket that will easily attach to the lower grill... The big benefit to going this route would be that the bracket and front plate could easily be installed/removed in seconds for car shows/racing/photo shoots etc.

I will be making and testing prototypes of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseW View Post
I live in Texas too.
These days, I'd say most of the brackets I sell actually go to Texas. I hear they are very strict on the front plate laws.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #93
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
On the 5th gen there were some existing bolts on the bottom of the fascia that screwed into the bottom of the core support, no extra drilling was needed.

Old pic showing SS bracket attached at pre existing bolt locations. I supply longer and stronger bolts to replace the factory ones that are removed to install the bracket.

Here is a better view of the bent and flat styles from the top down to get a better idea of the difference between the two.

Bent style

Flat style.

I am going to concentrate on the bent style first because it has always been extremely popular compared to the flat.

At this point, I don't know if I am going to be doing an "under the fascia" bracket, or one that attaches to the grill... The 6th gen does have a couple bolts that I could attach something to, but they don't bolt into anything structural like the 5th gen did. I may be able to make a "lighter" duty bracket that utilizes these holes.

I may be making a "spring loaded" bracket that will easily attach to the lower grill... The big benefit to going this route would be that the bracket and front plate could easily be installed/removed in seconds for car shows/racing/photo shoots etc.

I will be making and testing prototypes of both.

These days, I'd say most of the brackets I sell actually go to Texas. I hear they are very strict on the front plate laws.
Thanks!!

Looking forward to this.....

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #94
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I have a JacFab bent plate frame on my 2012 and I am absolutely happy with it. I don't know that there is a better looking option out there. When I get a G6, he will for sure be getting an order for a new version.
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #95
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
I live in Texas too. It sucks. I got pulled over about a week ago because we were at a stop light and he was facing the front of my car in the other lane. He saw I didn't have a license plate in the front. Of course once he realized it was a new car, everything was good and he started talking to me about the car. He wasn't acting like a tool or anything so I asked him about putting it in the windshield and he said that makes him want to pull people over more than not having one in the first place. Anyways, long story short, I'm gonna put mine on. A few of my buddies have gotten pulled over for it and one of them actually got a ticket for it. So yea im gonna put mine on. I guess it's just not a big deal to me. It's a license plate and it's white and black which actually goes with the color of my car. It's not like I'm putting a yellow license plate on a white car. Lol. That's just me though.
Was this a local LEO or a State Trooper ? The local LEOs around the Ft Worth / Dallas area couldn't care less about it .. unless they stop you for something serious and / or you piss them off. It's the State Troopers that will just about kill themselves and anybody around them to get to you for no front plate !
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #96
ChaseW

Drives: 2016 CamaroSS/16' MustangGT/14'F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Txfan View Post
Was this a local LEO or a State Trooper ? The local LEOs around the Ft Worth / Dallas area couldn't care less about it .. unless they stop you for something serious and / or you piss them off. It's the State Troopers that will just about kill themselves and anybody around them to get to you for no front plate !
It was a local officer in Tyler. He was nice and respectful of course because I was respectful. But he said they have been told to cut down on it down here. Its pretty bad in Tyler. There are these little lowered tuner cars and trucks that for some reason refuse to put the plates on them. Ive seen a couple without rear plates either. Its just idiots ruining it for the rest of us. The cop seemed like he didn't like the rule when he was telling me about it, but when you have dummies driving around with no plates at all, eventually somebody above you is gonna make you put a stop to the problem. I think that's what happened down here. Like I said, no biggy for me though, I don't really mind.
ChaseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:08 PM   #97
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quote:
It was a local officer in Tyler. He was nice and respectful of course because I was respectful. But he said they have been told to cut down on it down here. Its pretty bad in Tyler. There are these little lowered tuner cars and trucks that for some reason refuse to put the plates on them. Ive seen a couple without rear plates either. Its just idiots ruining it for the rest of us. The cop seemed like he didn't like the rule when he was telling me about it, but when you have dummies driving around with no plates at all, eventually somebody above you is gonna make you put a stop to the problem. I think that's what happened down here. Like I said, no biggy for me though, I don't really mind.
I too live in Tyler. I drive down Palauxy daily, so I will be running both plates, but you are right. A LOT of cars with no front plates and dark tinted lamps and lights that I would get pulled over for if it was me. Especially by the guys on motorcycles.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:08 PM   #98
JeffMorse

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
When I was pulled over for this I was told he was part of a 'No plate task force'. I took it to mean "California is broke, sorry. Sign here."
JeffMorse is offline   Reply With Quote