Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Question about wheels

I found these wheels on eBay. Price seems pretty good, but I also know you get what you pay for sometimes. It says they are a staggered set with two 8.5” and two 9.5” which should take my stock SS tires. My concern is that there might be a problem with my upgraded performance brakes. I have the six piston fronts. How do I know if the rotors and calipers will fit? Also, anyone with experience with wheels like these?
Attached Images

caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I’d guess you’d be fine since you’re keeping the same diameter wheels vs stock. Might not hurt to double check the offset on these wheels first though.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:49 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Please don’t buy any wheels off eBay. These are pricedby $250 per wheel with no assurances as to how they’re made. I suspect any wheel like this for a ZL1/SS that cost 250.There are many many posts over the years here of people that buy from eBay and then had problems. Look for any of the wheel vendors that are here in the wheel section, they’ve been with us for a couple years and do great work and will answer all your questions. Paul at PK design is a good one.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #4
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
I agree with Glen. Too much "riding" on them, no pun intended. For what it's worth, I've got MRR ZL1 reps, and they're great. I know there are a few threads about MRR finish quality, but mine are perfect, and I couldn't be happier.

Also keep in mind that if you track the car, the weight of the wheel can make a HUGE difference that may likely not be felt on the street. Can't speak to the weight of the OE vs. Ebay vs. MRR or any other, but it's worth researching if you're gonna track it. (I don't track mine)
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:59 AM   #5
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I agree with the others, eBay is the wild west of mail order, scroll down to the sponsor classifieds. Regardless of what you get make sure they are hub-centric to your hubs or you'll rue the day you got them.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #6
caSStro18

Okay. So, you’ve all convinced me to stay clear of these wheels and those from eBay. I like that style though. I’ll have to keep searching. The problem seems to be that the wheels I like are almost all 10” and 11”. That would be great if I needed new tires as well. But, my tires don’t even have 1,000 miles on them yet and I can’t afford both wheels and tires. So I need to find wheels that my stock tires will fit. Not in a hurry so research, research, research! I actually don’t hate the stock wheels, so I can wait.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
There is no need to “research research research”… Just email or pick up the phone and call somebody like Paul, people buy wheels for their stock ss tires all the time here.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #8
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
caSS, see if you can find some ZL1 or SS 1LE take off wheels that someone is selling here on the forum in the Classified section when your tires are worn out and then you can upgrade wheels and tires on your SS!��
Old 01-19-2020, 10:44 PM   #9
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Yes, I'm a NO on eBay.
This is the ZL1 pattern on an SS size wheel. I really like but they will be a bitch to clean!
What color is your SS? Put it in your profile.
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:26 PM   #10
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
Yes, I'm a NO on eBay.
This is the ZL1 pattern on an SS size wheel. I really like but they will be a bitch to clean!
What color is your SS? Put it in your profile.
My car is Summit white. I have the standard bright silver painted wheels. I really like the 1le wheels, but they are all too wide for my stock SS tires. I want a darker color on the wheels to make my performance red brake calipers stand out better. I love the look of the red calipers with a darker wheel.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:47 AM   #11
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I knew I wanted new wheels (and tires) for my 2016 Camaro as soon as I got it. I researched, looked on E Bay, Amazon, Tire rack, etc. I also read almost every post I could find. I was concerned about weight, color, style, offset, fit, achieving the "flush" look that I wanted and the proper offset to get it. I looked at so many photos on this forum for months. Finally someone suggested Best Wheel Deals out of Hialeah Florida. They got their wheels there and I loved the pictures of wheels on their car and how satisfied they were. So I E mailed Best Wheel Deals and wow first they were super responsive and answered all of my E Mailed questions- which we went back and forth maybe 10 times. They recommended Stance wheels for my Camaro. Light weight rotary forged. And in order to obtain the "flush" look I wanted they also knew the proper offset. And to complicate things I wanted a square package 20 X 10. So I pilled the trigger. I was so impressed when I went there. They actually buy the wheels blank with no holes in them and machine the bolt pattern and your desired offset on a vertical mill. I saw the vertical mill and set up. The wheels are hub centric as well and locate on the hub of the wheel, just like the factory wheels. And most importantly I am so impressed with the outcome. They took care of the mounting, balancing and TP monitors. The looks, how it drives and handles is so amazing with the new wheels and tires. No shakes or wobbles, so ultra smooth. They recommended Toyo tires (high performance all season) for the driving that I do.

I am not easily impressed and very rarely recommend shops but these guys are that good I highly recommend them for any wheel you may want for your Camaro over any other source. The wheels took my Camaro from "really liking it" to "one of the best cars I ever had". The design, paint and quality of the wheels is outstanding.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:34 AM   #12
Jaysatthelake

Drives: 2019 2SS 6 speed convertible
I looked at getting these wheels but they aren't for an SS. Not sure why but you should double check before ordering.
Jaysatthelake is offline   Reply With Quote