Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-20-2018, 05:36 PM   #15
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
I bet one day all cars will have this ! (rear view camera)

How do you embed a YouTube video on here ?

https://youtu.be/HsB9AjeiEwk
Old 04-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
I bet one day all cars will have this ! (rear view camera)

How do you embed a YouTube video on here ?

https://youtu.be/HsB9AjeiEwk

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:59 PM   #17
bandit38

Thanks, I appreciate you posting it for me.

Very cool mirror, I can see where it will be very helpful.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #18
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
This is in small letters on one of the last pages so who knows:

“Look for more details on 2019 Camaro performance enhancements at the time of ordering”
Interesting
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 04-21-2018 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Correct image with note
Old 04-21-2018, 01:55 AM   #19
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Feels like 200 pages of hate for the refresh. Only thing left to say that hasn't been said... what is the Riverside Blue 2SS in all these photos doing with Recaro seats when it isn't a 1LE? Is that going to be a new spec bump to drive the 2SS higher in price?
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #20
hotlap

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate you posting it for me.

Very cool mirror, I can see where it will be very helpful.
Yeah. The mirror is cool and will help those who haven’t figured out how to set the mirrors properly.

Nice Bandit btw. I have pics of my old 76 Y82 in my profile page here. I bought it when I was 19 and owned it 27 years before moving on.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 04-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Just another something to look at...scroll through the pics with the vert, and get a close look at the flow-tie...

http://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-ve...aro-sports-car
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #22
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Yeah. The mirror is cool and will help those who haven’t figured out how to set the mirrors properly.

Nice Bandit btw. I have pics of my old 76 Y82 in my profile page here. I bought it when I was 19 and owned it 27 years before moving on.

The more you can see the better that is for sure.

That is one great looking 76, you don't see many of those 50th Anniversary Pontiac T/A's at all.

I bought mine in 91 after looking for a fully original one for many years, I found a one owner. Unless I need food I doubt I will ever sell mine...lol

I remember watching Smokey and the Bandit in the theater thinking *one day* *one day*....took me a few years, but I got there
Old 04-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #23
hotlap

Quote:
The more you can see the better that is for sure.

That is one great looking 76, you don't see many of those 50th Anniversary Pontiac T/A's at all.

I bought mine in 91 after looking for a fully original one for many years, I found a one owner. Unless I need food I doubt I will ever sell mine...lol

I remember watching Smokey and the Bandit in the theater thinking *one day* *one day*....took me a few years, but I got there
I was 13 when Smokey and the Bandit hit the theaters. My buddies and I saw it three Saturday nights in a row.

Funny. When the new 77 came out I remember everyone hating the four square lights and pointy nose. Ruined! I repeat... Ruined the look of the car. Now people love them.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 04-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #24
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I was 13 when Smokey and the Bandit hit the theaters. My buddies and I saw it three Saturday nights in a row.

Funny. When the new 77 came out I remember everyone hating the four square lights and pointy nose. Ruined! I repeat... Ruined the look of the car. Now people love them.

I can believe that, I was 7 and still managed to get in the theater more than once to see it .....Luckily my parents liked it too !

Funny seems like history is repeating itself over and over with these new car styles isn't it...lol (only difference is the internet and how fast the dislike spreads).
Old 04-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #25
WillTPIV

Drives: 2017 1lt V6 Hyper Blue NPP
Hopefully I can snag a 2019 1SS, but I really wish they would list the price already.
WillTPIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:00 PM   #26
ELS1

Drives: N/A
New Riverside Blue? I guess HBM is out. Damn.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:16 AM   #27
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
I like the new colors. That old HBM blue looks too gumball/hotwheels to me. I've been waiting for a darker blue for a while. This looks close to the Vette ABM. Wish they had gone a couple shades darker. That steel grey is almost a liquid steel color. Nice.

The rear facia finally fixes the current Cam6 rear "camry" tail light look. Never was a fan of the Cam6 tails. The new tails scream CHEVROLET!. While I agree the front on the SS 2019 is a let down, the playbook states that the ZL1 is unchanged from 18. I'm good with that, since I may be in the market for a ZL1.

The RCM video mirror is a great addition. Many people just don't buy Camaros because of the blindspots. This may make my wife more comfy driving it (oh s#!t). Manufacturers have been looking for relief from the mirror regulation for years on the outside mirrors. They want to put cameras all around to eliminate the aero drag from the side mirrors. This is a step. Evidently, NHTSA changed the reg or waivered it for this change.

To the OP, thanks much for posting the playbook link. I'll probably hold off on the new Z purchase to get a 19 now.

Last edited by Spurshot; 04-30-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Spurshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #28
kinkmangc

Drives: looking and looking
I'm worried enough of us fans are going to keep hating the redesign and may kill off the camaro again. I am not happy with the front end. Looks like a Toyota/Lexus. But the rest of it i love. I want to wait and see it in person to make up my final decision on what i want to do. Still would hate to see it die again like in 2002.
kinkmangc is offline   Reply With Quote