#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 01-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #57
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
The hood is aluminum, but the decklid is steel. CF one of those would save some, though, on the rear of course...

Can't wait to see it all done!
Thanks... me too!!!!

Yeah wanna get knock off zl1 1le wing so carbon would be no go. One thing that I pondered is Anderson's carbon fiber rear deck lid with the big duckbill or whatever you want to call it if that has more downforce then let's say a knock off zl11le wing.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #58
NickyRacerBoy

Let's start guessing what the final weight will be I'm saying 3480
Old 01-04-2019, 08:49 AM   #59
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
Thanks... me too!!!!

Yeah wanna get knock off zl1 1le wing so carbon would be no go. One thing that I pondered is Anderson's carbon fiber rear deck lid with the big duckbill or whatever you want to call it if that has more downforce then let's say a knock off zl11le wing.
Nicky, why not get the Anderson trunk and the ZL1 1LE wing? I've seen plenty of people with spoilers on the CF trunk, hell you could maybe even get AC to pre-drill the holes in it haha

If I was doing a full build like you are I would get the AC trunk and one of APR's wings, they have a few options that would be perfect for your build, their GTC-300 (the 67" one) has 400+lbs of downforce at 100mph (more than the 300lbs at 120 of stock ZLE wing) and it actually looks pretty good too. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #60
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Nicky, why not get the Anderson trunk and the ZL1 1LE wing? I've seen plenty of people with spoilers on the CF trunk, hell you could maybe even get AC to pre-drill the holes in it haha

If I was doing a full build like you are I would get the AC trunk and one of APR's wings, they have a few options that would be perfect for your build, their GTC-300 (the 67" one) has 400+lbs of downforce at 100mph (more than the 300lbs at 120 of stock ZLE wing) and it actually looks pretty good too. Just my 2 cents
Same i think i'd try to find an SS trunk and do the 67" one. They go on sale frequently, extra $1,000 or so over one of those turd knock off ZL1's
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #61
slvrsrpnt

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
My 1LE is FAT Slob!

So am I!

Enjoying the thread! 3750lb. Sounds like a good number!
slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #62
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:

Man, I've thought of the AC with knock off POS 1LE wing but was leery if it would handle pressure. I have also thought about APR too! I could HAMMER the "lightbulb" turn @ Lightning @ NJ Motorsports Park!

My car has LOTS of front end grip but need to get more grip from the rear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Same i think i'd try to find an SS trunk and do the 67" one. They go on sale frequently, extra $1,000 or so over one of those turd knock off ZL1's
Alex whats the difference with SS and my current? Holes or something?

Last edited by NickyRacerBoy; 01-05-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #63
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Man, I've thought of the AC with knock off POS 1LE wing but was leery if it would handle. I have also thought about APR too! I could HAMMER the "lightbulb" turn @ Lightning @ NJ Motorsports Park!

My car has LOTS of front end grip but need to get more grip from the rear!

Alex whats the difference with SS and my current? Holes or something?
I can guarantee the APR wing would do the trick haha that's what 99% of the NASA TT guys run so it's clearly a proven platform! And it's adjustable too, anywhere from 0-15 degrees angle I think.

As for the trunk yes it's all about the holes, the blade spoiler on the 1LE has different mounting points than the SS/ZL1 wings. The APR wing is designed to bolt right up to the regular SS/ZL1 trunk so you wouldn't have to worry about drilling or filling holes, but like I said if I were you I'd get the CF trunk and the APR wing!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:37 AM   #64
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
I can guarantee the APR wing would do the trick haha that's what 99% of the NASA TT guys run so it's clearly a proven platform! And it's adjustable too, anywhere from 0-15 degrees angle I think.

As for the trunk yes it's all about the holes, the blade spoiler on the 1LE has different mounting points than the SS/ZL1 wings. The APR wing is designed to bolt right up to the regular SS/ZL1 trunk so you wouldn't have to worry about drilling or filling holes, but like I said if I were you I'd get the CF trunk and the APR wing!
Wanna think in advance on purchasing cause will race in some sort of sanctioning body
Old 01-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #65
NickyRacerBoy

My Bud that doing a lot of racing runs a C5 Corvette and I asked him if he runs a wing and he doesn't because if he does then he needs them on restriction plate. There's so many rules is ridiculous they should just have run what you brung. guess a lot of these guys take this s*** so f****** seriously.

Last edited by NickyRacerBoy; 01-05-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #66
NickyRacerBoy

The floor plates are mig welded and they need to be cleaned up they are ugly as of now.
Attached Images

Last edited by NickyRacerBoy; 01-05-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #67
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:

I have CF doors coming so they say...LOL...I've heard that Anderson wont start production unless they have a batch to run off.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #68
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
APR makes a wing for the ZL1 non-1LE SS trunk http://shop.aprperformance.com/index...product_id=619
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #69
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Yah nick holes are different SS and ZL1 will take the three pedestal and APR wing
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #70
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
My Bud that doing a lot of racing runs a C5 Corvette and I asked him if he runs a wing and he doesn't because if he does then he needs them on restriction plate. There's so many rules is ridiculous
No other way to even hope for a level playing field and ensure that preparation costs don't skyrocket out of sight I guess. Autocross isn't any different.

Quote:
they should just have run what you brung.
IOW, more events like Optima and the One Lap.

Quote:
guess a lot of these guys take this s*** so f****** seriously.
People tend to get that way once something of value is at stake (such as a tire contingency).

Norm