Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-22-2023, 04:04 PM   #1
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Unhappy 2024 Special edition Panther Camaro

2024 Special edition Camaro ZL1 does not have the 668 HP LT5 from the Cadillac Black Wing. Too bad not a good thing for the last " special" Camaro https://youtu.be/HWgMxS6hWeE?si=I8NfycT00Lka-2AX
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 07:33 PM   #2
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
This has been out for several months now. The Collector's Editions are just a unique paint color, decals, and some interior touches. All appearance, no performance gains.

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 09:51 PM   #3
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
This has been out for several months now. The Collector's Editions are just a unique paint color, decals, and some interior touches. All appearance, no performance gains.
1LE splitter and on the coupe the 1LE wing. Copper free brakes as well. Some might consider those performance parts.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 10:06 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post

No Camaro Special Edition has ever come with Performance Upgrades... NONE

Here's a list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
1LE splitter and on the coupe the 1LE wing. Copper free brakes as well. Some might consider those performance parts.
And don't forget the 1LE front grill
Old 10-23-2023, 09:19 AM   #5
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
2024 Special edition Camaro ZL1 does not have the 668 HP LT5 from the Cadillac Black Wing. Too bad not a good thing for the last " special" Camaro https://youtu.be/HWgMxS6hWeE?si=I8NfycT00Lka-2AX
As stated, we've know all the details about the entire Panther edition lineup.

Would that extra 18 HP have made a difference in performance? Only to those that want to talk about having the most powerful ZL1 ever made while it sits in their garage or sitting at a car meet.

Quote:
Copper free brakes being a performance upgrade? No. The rotors, pads and caliper are being to offset the efficiency the the copper had in dissipating the heat.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM   #6
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
One drawback on the wing is a decrease in top speed. The ZL1 with the standard spoiler approach’s 200MPH, the wing I believe is max 178-179.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 09:33 AM   #7
SwL_Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
As stated, we've know all the details about the entire Panther edition lineup.

Would that extra 18 HP have made a difference in performance? Only to those that want to talk about having the most powerful ZL1 ever made while it sits in their garage or sitting at a car meet.

Copper free brakes being a performance upgrade? No. The rotors, pads and caliper are being to offset the efficiency the the copper had in dissipating the heat.

Doesn't Brembo and other suppliers make a copper pad that fits the BCD optioned cars? Even GM calls it "Performance".

Old 10-23-2023, 09:34 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
One drawback on the wing is a decrease in top speed. The ZL1 with the standard spoiler approach’s 200MPH, the wing I believe is max 178-179.
Depends on the application.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:42 AM   #9
Vigilante375

Quote:
Doesn't Brembo and other suppliers make a copper pad that fits the BCD optioned cars? Even GM calls it "Performance".

Haven't looked into the options for copper free pads since I don't have that on my car, 2018 model. But of course if you can, why not? Take advantage of the 7mm more rotor surface area. But from a stock to stock comparison. The copper free aren't that great. Except you have to have them in CA or WA to help "save" the environment.

You know the J6H is also called performance too....just further in the wording.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:05 AM   #10
SwL_Wildcat

Quote:
Haven't looked into the options for copper free pads since I don't have that on my car, 2018 model. But of course if you can, why not? Take advantage of the 7mm more rotor surface area. But from a stock to stock comparison. The copper free aren't that great. Except you have to have them in CA or WA to help "save" the environment.

You know the J6H is also called performance too....just further in the wording.
Yeah. It's just that it's included in the Panther edition option for the low, low price of just $15K. Someone added up all the options that are included, and what it would cost to put them on after. It's in a thread here somewhere. I love the agressive ZL1 1LE look but I'm not going to track my car. Having a class 1 license and a million miles of driving I'm totally not interested in how stiff a 1LE car is for street use, my back and kidneys would hate me. The CE is a nice compromise between a regular ZL1 and a 1LE. The tame suspension with the aggressive look.
Old 10-23-2023, 10:13 AM   #11
Vigilante375

Quote:
Yeah. It's just that it's included in the Panther edition option for the low, low price of just $15K. Someone added up all the options that are included, and what it would cost to put them on after. It's in a thread here somewhere. I love the agressive ZL1 1LE look but I'm not going to track my car. Having a class 1 license and a million miles of driving I'm totally not interested in how stiff a 1LE car is for street use, my back and kidneys would hate me. The CE is a nice compromise between a regular ZL1 and a 1LE. The tame suspension with the aggressive look.
Funny how GM didn't include the dive planes. That would have made it look even better on the front than the splitter.
Old 10-23-2023, 01:13 PM   #12
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Funny how GM didn't include the dive planes. That would have made it look even better on the front than the splitter.
Got to disagree there. The 1LE splitter and 1LE grills looks great, the dive planes are ugly as Hell. To each their own though.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 01:25 PM   #13
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Got to disagree there. The 1LE splitter and 1LE grills looks great, the dive planes are ugly as Hell. To each their own though.
I don't know. You need to get a head on, kneeling shot of a ZL1 1LE and a Panther ZL1 to compare. Those dives planes add that extra little edge to make it look menacing.
Old 10-23-2023, 02:00 PM   #14
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
LT5 is C7 ZR1 engine.

CT5-V BW is still an LT4.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is online now   Reply With Quote