Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #29
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
JDP, I think you guys are awesome, but don't leave us hanging
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:36 PM   #30
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Today is almost over

The focus here is on MSD not JDP. But given no one has yet to publish stock configuration numbers on this intake I still expect it is a dud.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:49 AM   #31
STEVE41

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
Today is almost over

The focus here is on MSD not JDP. But given no one has yet to publish stock configuration numbers on this intake I still expect it is a dud.
definitely over now.
STEVE41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #32
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I would agree... but when you post two different times (here and here) the following information:

"Stay tuned for our dyno results, tomorrow!! We appreciate everyones support and have a great evening."

You set expectations for consumers who might want to buy this product. It was over a month ago you mentioned you had it and would be doing dyno tests. You can hopefully understand our impatience with your baiting this product to death.

When I say I have something coming tomorrow, I deliver it.. not make excuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
JDP, I think you guys are awesome, but don't leave us hanging
Quote:
Today is almost over

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE41 View Post
definitely over now.
I appreciate all of you following our testing. It does take a little more time then we hope sometimes to get the results put together. We're also working on taking care of customers and getting jobs finished so that always takes priority. Next time we'll just post that we're testing and stay tuned.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 02-13-2016 at 09:29 AM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #33
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Here are the long awaited results of our MSD manifold testing!!!! When we perform testing at JDP Motorsports we have to data log to make sure everything is the same from test to test. This does take a little time and we work hard to provide everyone with useful data that can help you make an educated decision on the mods you do to your 2016 Camaro.

The installation took us a little over an hour and everything fit perfectly. We did have to make a provision for the fuel cross-over line but in a matter of minutes that issue was resolved. The quality of the manifold is great and it looks great under the hood.

The results are in and the manifold did provide an increase in power on an otherwise stock LT1. This is great considering the manifold will really shine once we get more air moving through the engine via our VVT Head and Camshaft Packages as well as a set of long tubes. So without further ado here are the results of the manifolds performance.

Stock vs. MSD Atomic Airforce Manifold ONLY (NO TUNING)

The Peak gains were 22.13 WHP and 20.4 WTQ. Given the fact that this LT1 is 100% stock down to the air filter makes this gain impressive to us. This translates to 27 HP and 26 TQ at the flywheel.

Stock vs. MSD Atomic Airforce Manifold ONLY (NO TUNING) Above Peak

The other thing to consider is that the dyno only provides peak numbers. The MSD Atomic Airforce manifold made considerably more power. The gain was 29.92 WHP and 24.45 WTQ at 6400 RPM. The manifold allows the engine to carry more power through the upper RPM range. This translates to 36 HP and 31 TQ.

We'll be tuning the car with the manifold next and we'll post those results when we get it done. The MSD manifold is producing as much power as a set of headers for under $1000 and no tuning is required. That is a good deal in my book and it will only get better as we improve the head flow and exhaust flow with long tube headers.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
801-545-4215
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #34
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Thank you for the results. That is actually very impressive and definitely exceeded my expectations. Looks like it is not a dud! I'll probably be ordering soon.

Thanks
Tim
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #35
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
very impressive and this type of power across the board (aka flat torque) is even more impressive. Peak HP is one thing but this is showing drivability across the board.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #36
Pez SS
Pez SS

Drives: blk 16 1ss 6 spd
thank you guys , definitely worth the 1k for the power gains , specially with all the potential with the combination of some more power adders like you guys stated
Old 02-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #37
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Thank you for the results. That is actually very impressive and definitely exceeded my expectations. Looks like it is not a dud! I'll probably be ordering soon.

Thanks
Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
very impressive and this type of power across the board (aka flat torque) is even more impressive. Peak HP is one thing but this is showing drivability across the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez SS View Post
thank you guys , definitely worth the 1k for the power gains , specially with all the potential with the combination of some more power adders like you guys stated
We were stoked to see the solid gains as well. Better than on the previous Camaro and this was done with NO TUNING. I will be putting this on my 6th Gen when it arrives also. Plus, it looks awesome under the hood

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #38
pinoyscorpion951

Thanks JDP. I know you guys would come through!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #39
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
We were stoked to see the solid gains as well. Better than on the previous Camaro and this was done with NO TUNING. I will be putting this on my 6th Gen when it arrives also. Plus, it looks awesome under the hood

All the best,

Jared Royce
Very impressive gains, especially the increased torque across the rpm range.

Check out this thread for some ideas on cosmetic ideas to make the manifold look cleaner.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...il-covers.html

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #40
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Can you talk about how the manifold is working with no tune? Any drivability differences? How much would it benefit from a tune? Does it ask for a tune any more than a stock car?

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 02-13-2016 at 03:01 PM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #41
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Can you talk about how the manifold is working with no tune? Any drivability differences? How much would it benefit from a tune? Does it ask for a tune any more than a stock car?
Considering they made 20+ hp and 20+ tq I'd say the drivability has to be pretty good

Seriously though, look at how the whole area under the torque curve increased, that's power that you will definitely notice. Add a ported throttle body and tune and you should see even more gains.

My only gripe with this mod is the appearance of the manifold. I could do without the MSD logo in big letters on it.

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #42
pinoyscorpion951

JDP, how did you clamp that fuel line to the bolt on the MSD manifold? What part(s) did you have to use or fabricate to do that? Thanks in advance for the reply.

Tags
6th gen camaro, airforce, jdp motorsports, lt1, msd