Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-26-2021, 12:50 AM   #1
mindhealer

Drives: 2016 Convertible RS Package
2016 Camaro V6 RS model COLOR SCHEME??? and performance suggestions??

Hello all. I'm new here and recently purchased my 2016 Camaro RS Convertible 6 Speed MT, only 10K miles with an Extremely Unique Color Combo.

I was just going to sell a car I got at auction and fixed a few things and made a huge profit. I inquired what the dealer had in stock and showed me the Camaro and I instantly fell in love with everything about this car. The Color Combo, 6 Speed MT and the fact that it's a naturally aspirated 340hp V6. I know it's not the SS or higher model but I get so many compliments from strangers everywhere I go and even gotten quite a few offers to sell it.

I have searched high and low to find another like it (curiosity as it seems so unique) but thus far I have found none even close to it and I have searched every Search Engine and car sites like cars.com, auto trader, etc. throughout the U.S.

The Exterior is Nightfall Grey Metallic and interior is the Kalahari Leather (orangish/brown) with nearly matching soft top.

Question 1: has anyone seen this color combo before?

Question 2: Any suggestions regarding some minor performance and aesthetic upgrades which would be greatly appreciated....just some ideas to increase HP and Torque without making extreme and/or major mods.

Thank you all very much and I apologize for the length of this post. I've posted a few pictures so you can see the color combo and I look forward to any feedback and I thank you all in advance for your help and suggestions.
Attached Images

mindhealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:53 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
that is a nice combination.ive got a 6 cylinder too,they might not be as fast as an SS but they are certainly fast enough.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:01 AM   #3
mindhealer

Thanks very much. The combo is so unique I'm starting to wonder if I have the only one like this...explain the random offers to buy it LOL

I agree with you...The V6 has plenty of power and is so much fun with MT...was just hoping to get a bit more out of it. Thanks for the kind words and hope you have a great day!
Old 03-26-2021, 05:33 AM   #4
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
335 hp, but yes, I think the color combination is definitely on the rare side. I love brown leather and your top really makes the car look good.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:50 AM   #5
mindhealer

Thank you for the kind words. Any thoughts or suggestions regarding increasing the HP safely and without voiding the warranty besides the exhaust? Thanks again for your help!
Old 03-26-2021, 07:43 AM   #6
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I have a 2018 V6 myself. In my opinion one of the best mods you can do is a good ported throttle body. Makes the whole driving experience much more enjoyable. I also did an axle back exhaust, but that's strictly just to ad some more sound.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
There are a few supercharged V6 owners in here, I think that is the only way you'll get any meaningful performance increase on the LGX, at the cost of surrendering your powertrain warranty. Given the unique color combo, I'm sure "trade it in for an SS/ZL1" is not what you want to hear

Of course you can do an intake, ported throttle body and a tune, too, but this motor is tuned optimally by GM, unless you add forced induction, it won't feel much different from stock. (BTW I had a V6 before my current Camaro.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:14 PM   #8
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:46 PM   #9
mindhealer

Thanks very much for your thoughts and taking the time to respond. As this is my first Camaro and in all honesty, American Car in nearly 20 years I'm grateful for all your suggestions. And to be completely honest I love it more than all the BMW's I had in the past. You guys are great and I'm grateful for finding this forum.

Truth be told I'm really happy with practically everything in this beauty just want a litlle more power from her...but I don't to trade it in especially since I have a nearly new MDX as my daily driver.

But I have to say the Camaro is more comfortable than the BMW's I had. Thank you all again and please keep the comments coming if you have any additional suggestions....and again Thank You ALL!!
Old 03-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #10
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Congrats on the new to you car and unique color combo. I started with a 2010 V6 2LT/RS w/ an Auto to finally get my 1st Camaro - Inferno Orange Metallic w/ White Stripes and an Orange Interior. 70k miles later I moved to a 2014 White 2SS M6 w/ Inferno Orange Stripes - again with the Orange Interior. The Deal of the century - 2k in miles with a complete Exhaust and tune - for the going rate of a non-modded car -certified GM. 80k later I bought a new 2020 2SS A10 Convertible - again with the Orange Exterior but now a black interior.

These cars will hold their value so enjoy it! I have enjoyed the last 150k miles and look forward to driving the new one - all 3 were daily drivers...
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:02 AM   #11
mindhealer

Thanks very much for your reply and your encouraging words. When I bought it...it was because I fell for it from the second I saw it and then more so once I drove it with the MT. I had a strong feeling that the value would hold but was not expecting the reaction I would receive since buying it. I live in a rather affluent neighborhood...I'm not wealthy by any means, in fact I'm medically retired from Fed Gov't due to multiple conditions and only work when I feel well enough to see patients a couple times a week. but got lucky that I bought my house 20 years ago when prices were normal; now TH start at close to 700k....it's nuts. lol

My Camaro is only a weekend driver when I'm feeling well enough to drive which is once every 1-2 weeks; 10k miles on it; 6 speed MT, 20" Run Flats and every option imaginable; have put 350 miles on it since buying it in December 2020;

according to the dealer I bought it from, the original owner custom ordered the car with the options from the dealer. Perhaps that's why it's so unique.

Either way, I love the car and was thinking of maybe adding a K&N Cold Air Intake and performance level 1 or 2 chip to increase HP and torque. Do you think it would be worth it to do so and make a significant difference? Also, perhaps adding a performance Borla or MF cat back exhaust. Any thoughts? For now SHE's not going anywhere...maybe once the warranty I bought runs out (6 years) I may consider changing but like I said not anytime soon.

Again thank you for your consideration and I look forward to your thoughts and you taking the time to respond to me; you seem to know a great deal about these beautiful cars. Thanks again and hope this finds you well.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:48 AM   #12
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515520

I’m sure someone could do the numbers but here’s build numbers for 2016-2017. Looks like Ceramic White interior was the rarest for 2016 with Blue Velvet Metallic as the rarest exterior color. 2017 has it at Medium Ash Gray and Krypton Green as the rarest. Didn’t see 2018 numbers but I know Nightfall Gray Metallic was only available 2016-2018 while Kalahari interior is still available even on 2021.

I like that the one-year colors are the lowest produced, I’m sure Nightfall Gray though is plenty due to it being apart of the 50th Edition package.

That specific combo is pretty rare though overall, seems like you almost never see Kalahari interiors, I typically see black and ceramic white in my area.

Looks great either way though

Edit: also just realized one of the numbers shows convertible top colors. Looks like only about 250 were Kalahari and even less were blue. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a blue convertible top in our cars even in photo
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:50 AM   #13
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Congratulations on a rare color combo low mileage 2016 RS! If you really like it I would hold on to it and enjoy the drive. As far as mods go I would go with a Roto-Fab or Cold Air Inductions CAI and maybe an aftermarket exhaust and that’s about it. The factory warranty is probably done since it’s a 2016 and you shouldn’t have any major issues with it.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #14
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
I think those gray-toned 20" wheels go great with Nightfall Gray Metallic. I have the same ones on my '16 NGM RS.

An option to consider, if the car isn't already equipped, are the Kalahari knee pads to replace the black ones at the front of the center console. I went with those for my '21 RS:
Attached Images

The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote