Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 07-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #57
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
Took some pictures of mine and I have the short bolts as well. 2016 SS A8
Old 12-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #58
skydriver

Drives: 2016 ss
Hi guys, I had the same accident as You 2 weeks ago. My camaro is SS 2016 and it has 25000 km course. My left axle is broken like in your cars. Unfortunately I live in Poland and we dont have authorized dealer here.
So could You telle me if I need more parts to repair it, or just left axle (nr 84211209).
Do You know if this part contains package of screws (long 57mm) and nuts needed to connect it to the diferential? - if no, what are numbers of this parts and how many I need it - I want to change it for left and right side to longer screws.

And tell me please if when You repaired Your cars - there was some other demages, and you needed to repair for exaplme diferential or drive shaft?

Thank You for help
skydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #59
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Just ordered 3 of 11601876. I wanted to get the car checked out under warranty. It ended 3-31-19. SMDH.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:12 PM   #60
SILVER BULLET RS

Drives: 2012 Black Synergy Camaro SS
This is one of the many reasons why i will NEVER trade my 2012 SS for any 6th GEN Camaro EVER!! Between the A8 shudder, the rear end grinding,dead batteries that don't charge and axle bolts coming out I can honestly say these new 6 th GEN Camaros are the worst built cars on the road today!! And GM just keeps rolling them out of the factory in Detroit knowing the issues are still there and expecting the Camaro fans to just buy the cars and deal with the BS problems!! Sorry GM , we have a thing called the internet today and I can come to this forum and see just how you much these problems still prevail after 2-3 years with ZERO FIX!! Most of all these issues are happening within the first few thousand miles of ownership and GM wonders why the 6th GEN Camaros aren't selling like the 5th GEN? GEEZ GM IDK!! maybe because we can go online and see for ourselves about the quality and dependability of your cars , so I will decide very quickly if I would buy your Camaro!! And obviously thousands of other people are saying NO THANKS GM!! When the 2010 Camaro was being built in Canada, I NEVER saw the major problems that the owners of the 2016 Camaros have! I have had absolutely ZERO problems with my 2012 SS and I feel so happy knowing that my car is a quality , dependable GM car. Can these new 6th GEN Camaro owners make that claim? Probably NOT GM!!!!
SILVER BULLET RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #61
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLET RS View Post
This is one of the many reasons why i will NEVER trade my 2012 SS for any 6th GEN Camaro EVER!! Between the A8 shudder, the rear end grinding,dead batteries that don't charge and axle bolts coming out I can honestly say these new 6 th GEN Camaros are the worst built cars on the road today!! And GM just keeps rolling them out of the factory in Detroit knowing the issues are still there and expecting the Camaro fans to just buy the cars and deal with the BS problems!! Sorry GM , we have a thing called the internet today and I can come to this forum and see just how you much these problems still prevail after 2-3 years with ZERO FIX!! Most of all these issues are happening within the first few thousand miles of ownership and GM wonders why the 6th GEN Camaros aren't selling like the 5th GEN? GEEZ GM IDK!! maybe because we can go online and see for ourselves about the quality and dependability of your cars , so I will decide very quickly if I would buy your Camaro!! And obviously thousands of other people are saying NO THANKS GM!! When the 2010 Camaro was being built in Canada, I NEVER saw the major problems that the owners of the 2016 Camaros have! I have had absolutely ZERO problems with my 2012 SS and I feel so happy knowing that my car is a quality , dependable GM car. Can these new 6th GEN Camaro owners make that claim? Probably NOT GM!!!!
You do realize you only hear about issues on forums right? No one comes on a forum and starts a thread titled "No issues with my Camaro". So you only hear about the few and far between issues. Not only that but the vast majority of car owners don't come to forums in the first place.

And if you think other cars don't have issues you are sadly mistaken. The 5.0 boys are having awful piston slap issues. Replacing an engine is just a tad worse than having to flush your trans fluid every 10k miles. My 2016 WRX with 20k miles on it that I traded in had strut bearings that needed changed every 3-4k miles. When they went out it felt like the front end was coming apart everytime you went over a bump. Subaru just kept throwing bearings at the problem. WRX owners just learned to live with it. And the odd whining/chirping sound coming from the engine that Subaru failed to address. I won't even go into the multitude of problems I had with the brand new Jeep Wrangler I bought in 2014.

This car is so amazing in every way, that the little issues it has make it worth it. If you are worried about the shudder, which I had it, and it didn't bother me at all.... buy a stick shift and be prepared to have a smile on your face everytime you drive.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #62
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

LOL. Ya, I'm sure the Camaro5.com forums don't even have a "Problems and Issues" sub-forum, right?
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:48 AM   #63
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yeah if I remember correctly the 5th gens had problems too! Fortunately my 2010 SS didn’t but I know folks that had issues with theirs. So before you slam our 6 gens you should go to the 5th gen forum and do some research on problems/issues. I’m sure you will find some posted!
Old 04-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #64
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Quote:

Nice rant, you ignorant buffoon
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:23 PM   #65
Subcool

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
For the record they are made in Lansing not Detroit and are the best camaros to date
Subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:24 PM   #66
sport65

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue, NPP,A8
I just got the longer bolts today. Parts looked them up as the same bolts on the ZL1. I have one of the last 2018 SS's to come off the line ( mid August delivery), so they are standard till at least 2019's. Its odd the TSB does not apply to 2018's to me, since mine definitely has the shorter bolts. I'm going to put them on to be safe since I have the 1LE rims and tires on my SS. Thanks for all the good info on this.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #67
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I had a shop check the bolts per TSB. They said not needed.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #68
sport65

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue, NPP,A8
I think I agree with you. Before working on it today I measured as close as possible without taking the bolts out. Mine are the 58.8mm bolts from the factory. You cant go by the ZL1 guys pictures that protrude by about a 1/4" through the hub flange. That was why I asked parts if the new bolts were the same length as the ZL1 bolts ( they said its the same part #).
I think that is why the TSB does not apply to 2018's, they are the longer bolts. The flanges must be thinner on ZL1's, or the bolts are longer than the TSB bolts. not sure which.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #69
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
LSD(SS) vs eLSD(ZL1)
Not the same rear diff
;-)
So even if the same length, look different the other side...
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:04 AM   #70
BlackVert2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Sitting on the side on the road now with this issue����*♂️��
BlackVert2SS is offline   Reply With Quote