Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #29
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
This gen looks bad, thats why it does not sell.
But till the next gen, there some things they can improve now.

First, they MUST get rid of that ugly butt. The tail lights and the rear bumper must be redesigned. It should be more expressive/dynamic.
Btw, look at the last chevy's concept(FNR-X).There are some parts they can use for the MCE. For example, the tail lights. I think they look quite good on that concept.
Secondly, Camaro must get the full led headlights.
Would be good to see some changes in the interior as well.

What do you guys expect from the MCE?
Go back to M6G mr ONE post.....

I get so many more looks and thumbs ups in my gen 6 then in my 5.0...and way more than I ever got in my gen 5. I think the gen 6 looks great, nice and aggressive compared to the gen 5.

FYI, sales are down for ALL cars. It's all over the news.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #30
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
With those clearer spy shots, its a lot easier to see behind the fake structures that they're using to cover the nose.

I *think* I see what appear to be two protruding areas on either side of the car under the headlights. I hope they aren't again taking a design cue from Michael Bay (or vice-versa, he probably gets early access to design sketches.)

Somebody should contact that guy from a couple years ago who almost perfectly rendered the original 6th gen just based on spy shots. His work is needed again. :P

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #31
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Well I live in NorCal and I rarely see the new Camaro. The sales lots are full of em and that's a shame. I see Mustangs out here like 50 to 1. Believe it or not ...Tesla's, Mustang's and the Toyota Prius are the most popular cars out here in my opinion.

Look I feel unique when I'm riding around in a SixGen but at the same time you gotta feel bad for the Dealers because I think people are just bigger fans of the Ford Mustang in Cali. Even online it says like the Mustangs are in the top ten as most popular car to drive in CA.
California gives big rebates to electric and hybrid owners. So it's really not a surprise there are so many of them.
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #32
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
that thing is garbage
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #33
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I was thinking this:

The 5th gen resembled or pays homage to the 1st gen (retro look)
The 6th gen resembled or pays homage to the 2nd gen
So maybe the refresh or 7th gen (?) will resemble the 3rd gen. The front end looks square *ish* like the 3rd gen.

Just my .02 cents

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 PM   #34
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Maybe don't jack the prices up than crash them end of the year vs the mustang is a easier price point and more stable w discounts also do better advertising this car mauls but ads look ehhhh
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #35
Eata34

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
With those clearer spy shots, its a lot easier to see behind the fake structures that they're using to cover the nose.

I *think* I see what appear to be two protruding areas on either side of the car under the headlights. I hope they aren't again taking a design cue from Michael Bay (or vice-versa, he probably gets early access to design sketches.)

I believe the 6th gen Camaro was already out and showed to the public before Michael Bay made his Transformers Camaro Bumblebee Model. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he didn't scetch that photo just from spy shots. Again, I could be wrong. So I apologize in advance if so.
Somebody should contact that guy from a couple years ago who almost perfectly rendered the original 6th gen just based on spy shots. His work is needed again. :P

I believe the 6th gen Camaro was already out and showed to the public before Michael Bay made his Transformers Camaro Bumblebee Model. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he didn't scetch that photo just from spy shots. Again, I could be wrong. So I apologize in advance if so.
Eata34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #36
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Too bad they added so much fake padding the front and the rear fenders, that there's no way to tell anything from it

This pic clearly shows a new licence platte part, a better fitting spoiler and a more simple line under the rear lights.

I tried to edit that changes on a current 6th gen:
Attached Images

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #37
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
Why refresh so soon? Bad sales?
No. It's normal timing. I just retired from GM Product Planning. Been in the Product Planning world since 1993. It's not just a GM thing, so I feel like I can say this without giving away any GM secrets. When a new vehicle launches (Gen 6 in 2016) you typically see a "mild refresh" or "mid-cycle enhancement" three years after launch.

The planning work for the refresh literally begins BEFORE the new model hits the streets. In other words, planning for the mid-cycle on Gen 6 STARTED before any of you touched a Gen 6. When the camo'd vehicles take the streets, it is to get real world instrumentation of how the various new content behaves in the real world. Before that, a ton of analysis is done in simulation.

If something new hits the street, assume the fundamentals of the design and powertrain were locked in 2 - 3 years ago.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:01 PM   #38
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
you're probably not going to see 10 year model cycle's anymore so if Camaro6 goes 6-7 years the 4th year would be halfway through.
also the current Camaro is beautiful so a mild refresh to the front end isn't going to dramatically increase sales. i hope they don't change that beautiful hood.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #39
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMATT View Post
Go back to M6G mr ONE post.....

I get so many more looks and thumbs ups in my gen 6 then in my 5.0...and way more than I ever got in my gen 5. I think the gen 6 looks great, nice and aggressive compared to the gen 5.

FYI, sales are down for ALL cars. It's all over the news.
I lol'd when I read that first sentence. Me too, I get way more looks and compliments in my 1LE than I did in my 14 or 15 5.0s.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #40
Thompyt

Drives: 16 2SS / 15 Mustang GT
Front makes me think Pontiac Grand Am'esqe
Thompyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #41
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Yaay, the Ford guys are coming out in full force saying the refresh is because of bad sales.. Even though It's pretty much the industry standard and 6th gen Mustang is getting one at same point in its life.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM   #42
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
I'm pretty sure I'm 80% on spot with the rear lines. Too bad they really went crazy with the front end camo
Attached Images

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote