Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #15
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
If you are fine with the price of the ZL1, get it. Then you’ll never have the what-if thoughts in the future.
Also, I had back surgery and I find the Recaros very comfortable. So no issues there.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:28 AM   #16
Andy 91GTA

Drives: 91 GTA, 92 GTA, 92 GTA
I felt if we were to get a loaded 2SS vert worth almost $80K Canadian, we would lose our shirts on depreciation if we ever decide to sell it when a base ZL1 is almost the same money. My preference was to get a ZL1. My wife has previously mentioned a ZL1 is more what she is looking for so I asked her to build any Camaro to her tastes and she built a ZL1.

On April 8th we ordered a 2022 black ZL1 vert, A10, NAV, ZL1 Protection Package, Battery Protection Package, Black Lug Nuts and Locks, Fuel filler door in black with gloss black insert, all weather floor mats and a cargo net.

We ordered the first ZL1 ever at the dealership we ordered from.

Thanks for everyone for their input.

Nice GTA Chutzpah. Too bad about the accident though.

Is there a gas cap on these cars or are they capless? There aren’t too many 6th gen’s in the city I live in.
Andy 91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #17
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 91GTA View Post
I felt if we were to get a loaded 2SS vert worth almost $80K Canadian, we would lose our shirts on depreciation if we ever decide to sell it when a base ZL1 is almost the same money. My preference was to get a ZL1. My wife has previously mentioned a ZL1 is more what she is looking for so I asked her to build any Camaro to her tastes and she built a ZL1.

On April 8th we ordered a 2022 black ZL1 vert, A10, NAV, ZL1 Protection Package, Battery Protection Package, Black Lug Nuts and Locks, Fuel filler door in black with gloss black insert, all weather floor mats and a cargo net.

Is there a gas cap on these cars or are they capless? There aren’t too many 6th gen’s in the city I live in.

Awesome, you and your wife will enjoy the Z.

Camaro’s have a capless fuel fill.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Hey Andy, think you and the wife made the right decision to buy a ZL1 and will enjoy it more than an SS. I couldn’t and didn’t want to buy new because of the price so I got lucky and found a very low mileage used 2017 back in 2019 with all the options I wanted for a decent price. Since yours will be driven in nice weather I would keep the Goodyears until you and her get adjusted to driving it to see if you need to change the tires to another brand. That’s just my advice as I kept the GYs on mine and then last year bought a new set of them because the originals were worn out.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #19
BoilerKB

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 91GTA View Post

Capless. I also recommend ditching the GY's. They are a death trap in the rain over 40. I bought Michelin PS4S and love them. Also pick up the wind deflector if you can. I found a used one in great condition a lot cheaper than from the dealer. It is amazing at speeds above 50. Very little wind and you can have a normal conversation with your passenger on the hwy.
Attached Images

TSP 228/228 .600/.600 111 LSA 107 ICL|Ported TB|LS6 Intake|AR Long tubes|Hooker Catback|Koni Yellows|BMR Springs|UMI LCA's and PHB|Strano F&R sway bars|LS7 Clutch|MGW Shifter|4.10s|Cosmis Racing XT-005R|Nitto NT05s
BoilerKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #20
Beowulf

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
The ZL1 is a great purchase. Caution, if your wife drives like my Ex-wife, the power is too much for her and she will nearly run over you several times when accelerating (even is you are standing behind the car 50 yards away).