Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #43
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Guys,

Easy install....plug and play.

I save the battery disconnect relearn procedure for the problem child finicky cars which are much lower percentage. Most just install and enjoy

I have helped a handful of guys so far and I anticipate you will see some additional feedback shortly

This isn't my first rodeo and my new V2 TB's are awesome. Lots of time invested. Please Google my name if you haven't followed my career the last few decades. I have logged thousands of hours on the flowbench designing heads, intake manifolds, TB's etc. This is what I do

If you prefer to wait to see more results that's totally fine but that involves.....patience.....LOL

We all have tons of that right

Regards,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 03-05-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #44
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Spoke with Tony last night and this morning. I'm making the V2 move... has a ported TB as far back as my 2002 Firehawk (#0140)....
Old 04-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #45
IH8WNTR

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C 1SS 1LE View Post
Spoke with Tony last night and this morning. I'm making the V2 move... has a ported TB as far back as my 2002 Firehawk (#0140)....
I will be eagerly waiting for your feedback on this.
IH8WNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #46
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Suspect it will be at least as good as V1, which was instantaneous and remained. I'll get to it as soon I get cars moved out of the way and can get to it.

Cheers....
Old 04-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #47
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Tony, do you have an exchange program or are these brand new units? Also, I have headers and a tune, will adding your V2 unit require an adjustment to the tune?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:47 AM   #48
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Tony, do you have an exchange program or are these brand new units? Also, I have headers and a tune, will adding your V2 unit require an adjustment to the tune?
Brand new units sold outright.....you keep your OEM TB as a back up or should you ever sell the car and want to bring it back to stock.

My V2 should not require a tune.....plug and play. Now if you have a bunch of other mods already (exhaust, CAI, etc.) and are running a stock tune the additional airflow from the ported TB may have the ECM throw a code but even with the couple of mods I mentioned thats not likely but that is pretty much the limit of what you can do with the OEM tune plugged in the car.

At some point the more you mod and get more air in the engine the amount of rope GM gave you in the stock tune parameters is exceeded and really that's all that particular code is telling you. Its basically a warning that at a certain load and throttle position the engine is seeing beyond its airflow upper limits as set by the gurus at GM that wrote the code and decided what the upper and lower parameters of the various airflow and throttle tables should be.

But the computer has some adaptive functioning and clearing the code a few times and letting the computer "learn" can sometimes alleviate that situation.

So far Im batting 100% on the V2 stuff (regarding no codes or computer issues) and I would say I have shipped about 30 or more units already. Im sure just as Im tying this the last one I shipped just threw a code in one of my customers vehicles....LOL

Anyway.....it should be plug and play.....if you have an issue we can do a computer reset and if that doesnt work exchange it for one a little less aggressive.

ALSO GUYS.....IF YOU WANT A V2 CONTACT ME DIRECTLY.....ONLY THE V1's ARE LISTED ON MY WEBSITE

EMAIL OR A PHONE CALL IS PREFERRED

Regards,
Tony

661-714-1317
Tony@mamomotorsports.com

PS SSMike....Don't forget.....Bumbles bounce!!!......LOL (great avatar or at least I got a kick out of it!)
Old 04-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #49
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports View Post
Brand new units sold outright.....you keep your OEM TB as a back up or should you ever sell the car and want to bring it back to stock.

My V2 should not require a tune.....plug and play. Now if you have a bunch of other mods already (exhaust, CAI, etc.) and are running a stock tune the additional airflow from the ported TB may have the ECM throw a code but even with the couple of mods I mentioned thats not likely but that is pretty much the limit of what you can do with the OEM tune plugged in the car.

At some point the more you mod and get more air in the engine the amount of rope GM gave you in the stock tune parameters is exceeded and really that's all that particular code is telling you. Its basically a warning that at a certain load and throttle position the engine is seeing beyond its airflow upper limits as set by the gurus at GM that wrote the code and decided what the upper and lower parameters of the various airflow and throttle tables should be.

But the computer has some adaptive functioning and clearing the code a few times and letting the computer "learn" can sometimes alleviate that situation.

So far Im batting 100% on the V2 stuff (regarding no codes or computer issues) and I would say I have shipped about 30 or more units already. Im sure just as Im tying this the last one I shipped just threw a code in one of my customers vehicles....LOL

Anyway.....it should be plug and play.....if you have an issue we can do a computer reset and if that doesnt work exchange it for one a little less aggressive.

ALSO GUYS.....IF YOU WANT A V2 CONTACT ME DIRECTLY.....ONLY THE V1's ARE LISTED ON MY WEBSITE

EMAIL OR A PHONE CALL IS PREFERRED

Regards,
Tony

661-714-1317
Tony@mamomotorsports.com

PS SSMike....Don't forget.....Bumbles bounce!!!......LOL (great avatar or at least I got a kick out of it!)
And they sink! Lol!
Old 04-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #50
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
And they sink! Lol!
Lets face it....the "Abominable Snowman" was the ultimate baddie for kids....the Darth Vader of their generation in the opposite color suit!

Till that axe licking whats his name reformed him at least!! (that guy was great!)

Classic stuff....

Mike....if you have any questions reach out to me directly. You have 30 days to run and experience this TB.

If you don't feel it was worth every penny I will refund the cost of the part (not the freight) so your upside is big and your exposure very modest.

Hit me up if you want to order or have questions

Regards,
Tony
Old 05-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #51
yourmomshouse

Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
Received mine. There are grease stains. Tried my best to clean the thing with alcohol. Not perfect, but who cares, I'll never see the inside of it again. Waiting on my intake and IM to install it!

yourmomshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:53 AM   #52
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmomshouse View Post
Received mine. There are grease stains. Tried my best to clean the thing with alcohol. Not perfect, but who cares, I'll never see the inside of it again. Waiting on my intake and IM to install it!
Thanks,

I appreciate you bringing that to my attention

And I can assure you that's not a grease stain which would easily wipe off.

When we prep the blade like we do it opens the "pores" of the brass somewhat.

That is actually finger print oil reacting with the brass from when we assemble the TB as crazy as that sounds (you can actually see a partial print on the rear shot above!).

Whats interesting is the discoloration or "stain" isn't there when we bag and box them up. I recently stumbled on this when I swapped an LT1 for an LT4 that was boxed wrong. The new TB that came back from my customer had similar print marks and I shared it with my shop foreman who is usually handling all the TB final assembly.

I don't think this is happening to all of them but I am now using a different technique to assemble them which should solve that small issue. Obviously its a cosmetic thing but trust me alot goes into making that TB look the best it can and the print/discoloration thing bothers me.

I apologize you got one with a stain....as I said implementing things here so in the future that doesnt happen again. My advice is to install and enjoy it and focus on the real reason you purchased it in the first place.

Look forward to your feedback regarding the performance etc.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 05-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #53
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
V2 just arrived- will install this weekend....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:03 PM   #54
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I hope to have mine by the weekend.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:02 PM   #55
ZL1Fan24

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Installed my V2 TB from Tony. I had the V1 on the car previously. I agree the V2 is pretty scary. Don't sense any difference at idle, but off idle, and especially WOT there is a big difference!! More Power, quicker ramp up is noticeable. Super happy with both the V1 and V2, both worth the $$!! Tony was great on email response also. Highly recommend this mod. Now if he can only get some more of those Mamo Motorsports stickers for us!!
***2018 ZL1, CALLAWAY SC750, NFG, 6 Speed, Carbon Fiber Hood Insert, PDR, Carbon Fiber Dash, Tony Mamo V2 TB, Borla S-Type Cat Back Exhaust (Carbon Tips), Hurst Short Shifter, Eibach Performance Springs, IROC Blade Spoiler, GM Dark Lens Kit/Reflectors, Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers, Wildhammer Carbon Steering Wheel, CF Shift Knob, Titanium Lug Nuts***
ZL1Fan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:21 PM   #56
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Fan24 View Post
Installed my V2 TB from Tony. I had the V1 on the car previously. I agree the V2 is pretty scary. Don't sense any difference at idle, but off idle, and especially WOT there is a big difference!! More Power, quicker ramp up is noticeable. Super happy with both the V1 and V2, both worth the $$!! Tony was great on email response also. Highly recommend this mod. Now if he can only get some more of those Mamo Motorsports stickers for us!!
Glad you're happy with the V2...sounds like it's worth the upgrade. I currently have V1 but I've been debating between Tony Mamo and Soler.

I noticed in your mod list you don't show having a CAI. Why?
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote