Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2023, 09:01 PM   #29
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
I'm completely lost here.

If I'm reading correctly, the 1LE is absolutely not an option for winter driving because it comes with summer only tires.......... and you can't put winter tires on it, because doing so would indicate a failure by GM for 1. not making the 1LE capable of handling winter driving, and 2. your unwillingness to sacrifice any of the 1LE capabilities by putting winter tires on yourself.

No vehicle is made to cover every single possible driving condition.

each one has a strength and weakness that is geared more towards one use than the other.

the 1LE is a track focused car that can be driven on the street. Its not prioritized for street driving. The LS, LT1, and SS can be driven in winter conditions, but still aren't prioritized for it. Similarly, they can be driven on the track, but aren't prioritized for it.

If winter driving is the priority, get a 4x4.
if track driving is the priority, get a 1LE or ZL1
If street driving is the priority, get an Altima.

It sounds like you want perfection that doesn't exist.

Even an AT4 needs its tires changed if you want truly want to take it offroading, and thats what is is prioritized for by the factory.
It's real simple: I wanted Chevy to deliver the car I ordered 7 months ago, not a car that I need to change out tires on day one.

Where's your confusion? I ordered a specific model for specific reasons. They could not provide it, so I purchased something else.

Pretty clear cut, in my view. Not looking for perfection, just looking for the car I ordered that they failed to provide.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:48 AM   #30
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Sorry things didn’t work out for you, but it’s not going to convince me to buy products other than GM. You can go hang out on the foreign car message boards and we’ll be here visiting about the awesome Camaros that we have.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 08:54 AM   #31
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
There's been a few SS 1LE owners who have installed winter tires and driven in snow. As long as the wheels clear the brakes, I see no reason why someone couldn't.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:56 AM   #32
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
Sorry things didn’t work out for you, but it’s not going to convince me to buy products other than GM. You can go hang out on the foreign car message boards and we’ll be here visiting about the awesome Camaros that we have.
Glad you got your Camaro, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy a 'foreign car'. Geez, I bought a Grand Sport and could have purchased any number of imports in 2017. I also bought a Colorado ZR2 in 2018. Last time I checked those are both Chevys.

The point that some seem to be missing, or just rationalizing about: Chevrolet clearly dropped the ball on the last two years of production on the Camaro. If you order a car in March 2023 and that model year ends in June 2023, you should at least be able to get that order re-entered and processed at the end of October for the 2024 model year.

The allocation system sucks. One dealership gets five new 2024 Camaros. Another dealership that has a standing order from 2023 cannot get their customer's car. It's ridiculous.

Enjoy your cars, by all means. Please don't take it personal when I call out Chevrolet. They brought the criticism on themselves.

Last edited by Cam 6; 10-30-2023 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:07 AM   #33
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
There's been a few SS 1LE owners who have installed winter tires and driven in snow. As long as the wheels clear the brakes, I see no reason why someone couldn't.
The winter capabilities of the 1LE is not in question with me.

Chevy's inability to deliver a car, as ordered, is the issue.

Just sayin'.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:12 AM   #34
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
It's definitely frustrating when you've ordered a car and it doesn't get built. I definitely wouldn't let that drive me away from GM completely though. I can understand buying something else but if I really wanted a Camaro, I'd find a way to get one before going any other route.

As for the allocation system, yes, in a way it sucks. Allocations are based on previous sales though. So, if your dealer never sold many Camaros prior to you submitting a preliminary order, it makes sense that they never got an allocation for you.

Pre-Covid, this wouldn't even be an issue. GM would have picked your order up and and built it, regardless of whether your dealer sold many Camaros or not.

If you want to blame anything, blame our world economy and the absolute s**t-show that Covid and the current administration created in the auto industry. Add in the disruption of the current UAW strike and it's impact on parts and vehicle availability and you have a recipe for not getting the car. Other than 2003-2009, this is literally the worst possible time in history to be a Camaro buyer.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:16 AM   #35
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Glad you got your Camaro, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy a 'foreign car'. Geez, I bought a Grand Sport and could have purchased any number of imports in 2017. I also bought a Colorado ZR2 in 2018. Last time I checked those are both Chevys.

The point that some seem to be missing, or just rationalizing about: Chevrolet clearly dropped the ball on the last two years of production on the Camaro. If you order a car in March 2023 and that model year ends in June 2023, you should at least be able to get that order re-entered and processed at the end of October for the 2024 model year.

The allocation system sucks. One dealership gets five new 2024 Camaros. Another dealership that has a standing order from 2023 cannot get their customer's car. It's ridiculous.

Enjoy your cars, by all means. Please don't take it personal when I call out Chevrolet. They brought the criticism on themselves.
So, what’s the purpose of this rant of yours? Why continue to post on a Camaro site when you don’t have one and now don’t ever want another Chevrolet. Everyone on this site is aware of the allocation process and those that really wanted cars did their homework/legwork and found a dealer who could get them a car. (The allocation system rewards dealers that sell more Camaros) If you really wanted a Camaro, you could have made it happen. Your dealer has some blame…..maybe, Chevrolet has some blame…..maybe, and you have some blame for just sitting back and doing nothing. Once again, sorry it didn’t work out for you.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:26 AM   #36
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
So, what’s the purpose of this rant of yours? Why continue to post on a Camaro site when you don’t have one and now don’t ever want another Chevrolet. Everyone on this site is aware of the allocation process and those that really wanted cars did their homework/legwork and found a dealer who could get them a car. (The allocation system rewards dealers that sell more Camaros) If you really wanted a Camaro, you could have made it happen. Your dealer has some blame…..maybe, Chevrolet has some blame…..maybe, and you have some blame for just sitting back and doing nothing. Once again, sorry it didn’t work out for you.
Fair enough.

I trusted Chevrolet. Fail.

I trusted my dealer. Fail.

I expected to get a Camaro when I placed an order in 2023. 10 months before 2024 production ends. Fail.

My conclusion: Chevrolet dropped the ball. Big time.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:28 AM   #37
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
No. The 1LE and ZL1 have summer only performance tires. The LT1 has all seasons.

I don't know the setup on those cars, whether or not they had dedicated snow tires on them for the winter, but there is no way they perform the same as equipped from the manufacturer.
You said the car was unsuitable and I really didn't believe I needed to break in to the whole tires thing with you.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:54 AM   #38
BuckeyeGuy

Drives: Order placed for a 2024 LT1
OP, for what it's worth, I hear ya. I'm not refusing to buy any GM product ever again, but it was a sour experience. I don't blame the dealer for that, but the sting of the whole thing is there. Much to my surprise, I wound up putting an order in for a Mustang GT. I expected to hate it and only did a test drive on the insistence of a friend, but wound up loving it. Not for everyone, but as long as folks are finding cars they enjoy. Just really too bad GM did the Camaro the way they did and so many people have missed out. Anyway, sincere congrats to folks who got allocations before the deadline. Hope you all enjoy your amazing cars.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:56 AM   #39
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It's definitely frustrating when you've ordered a car and it doesn't get built. I definitely wouldn't let that drive me away from GM completely though. I can understand buying something else but if I really wanted a Camaro, I'd find a way to get one before going any other route.

As for the allocation system, yes, in a way it sucks. Allocations are based on previous sales though. So, if your dealer never sold many Camaros prior to you submitting a preliminary order, it makes sense that they never got an allocation for you.

Pre-Covid, this wouldn't even be an issue. GM would have picked your order up and and built it, regardless of whether your dealer sold many Camaros or not.

If you want to blame anything, blame our world economy and the absolute s**t-show that Covid and the current administration created in the auto industry. Add in the disruption of the current UAW strike and it's impact on parts and vehicle availability and you have a recipe for not getting the car. Other than 2003-2009, this is literally the worst possible time in history to be a Camaro buyer.
Thanks for a reasonable explanation of the situation. I get your points and agree with them. Having said that, they should not make promises they can't keep. Particularly when my order was placed in March 2023.

This isn't about me hating the Camaro or even hating Chevrolet. My history buying Chevy products should confirm that. Hell, I waited until the October 19 drop dead date until I moved on, even searching Chevy inventory for a similarly equipped car close to my order, to no avail. It's about me being displeased that I wasted time actually believing my dealer AND trusting Chevy.

I can't help I view them differently now. Will that last forever? Who knows, but right now I don't see myself giving them my money again. Too many other options out there without the baggage.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:04 AM   #40
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeGuy View Post
OP, for what it's worth, I hear ya. I'm not refusing to buy any GM product ever again, but it was a sour experience. I don't blame the dealer for that, but the sting of the whole thing is there. Much to my surprise, I wound up putting an order in for a Mustang GT. I expected to hate it and only did a test drive on the insistence of a friend, but wound up loving it. Not for everyone, but as long as folks are finding cars they enjoy. Just really too bad GM did the Camaro the way they did and so many people have missed out. Anyway, sincere congrats to folks who got allocations before the deadline. Hope you all enjoy your amazing cars.
Glad you ended up getting a car that puts a smile on your face. I did as well.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:09 AM   #41
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Fair enough.

I trusted Chevrolet. Fail.

I trusted my dealer. Fail.

I expected to get a Camaro when I placed an order in 2023. 10 months before 2024 production ends. Fail.

My conclusion: Chevrolet dropped the ball. Big time.
I'm going to disagree with your sentiment. Personally, it sounds like your dealership failed you, not GM/Chevy. Now, you can make the argument that Chevy screwed around the Camaro production, etc, etc, and you'd be correct. However, that's your dealership's responsibility to address those issues, and if they legit don't think it can happen, to get you the 2nd best option.

It clearly sounds like your dealership failed you. I'd also argue that after getting the run around, it might have been partially your fault for not considering a second option with regards to the dealership.

We can also argue no one expected the strike to occur which screwed over all of the manufacturers and caused unexpected issues to occur.

All I can say here is that if I waited 10 months to get a car, and didn't get one, the only people I can blame is the people I placed the order with and myself. Saw this happening in the Hellcat crowd too because dealerships were taking orders for cars they couldn't get allocations for....and it sounds to me like your dealership simply wasn't getting allocations/you weren't a priority customer for them.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:30 AM   #42
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I'm going to disagree with your sentiment. Personally, it sounds like your dealership failed you, not GM/Chevy. Now, you can make the argument that Chevy screwed around the Camaro production, etc, etc, and you'd be correct. However, that's your dealership's responsibility to address those issues, and if they legit don't think it can happen, to get you the 2nd best option.

It clearly sounds like your dealership failed you. I'd also argue that after getting the run around, it might have been partially your fault for not considering a second option with regards to the dealership.

We can also argue no one expected the strike to occur which screwed over all of the manufacturers and caused unexpected issues to occur.

All I can say here is that if I waited 10 months to get a car, and didn't get one, the only people I can blame is the people I placed the order with and myself. Saw this happening in the Hellcat crowd too because dealerships were taking orders for cars they couldn't get allocations for....and it sounds to me like your dealership simply wasn't getting allocations/you weren't a priority customer for them.
I get your point.

I thought I had a really good relationship with my dealer, and gave him several opportunities along the way to bail on my order if he felt he would not get an allocation. He assured me he would get one so I hung in there. My mistake to trust him.

As for Chevy's culpability in this: In my opinion, it is a flawed system that fulfills orders for 2024 models ordered in August when there are standing orders for 2023s that were ordered 5 months before and not fulfilled.

Maybe I don't understand the system, but if a customer...ANY customer...orders a Camaro they should be in the cue to get a car on a first-come-first-served basis according to when the order was placed. Why screw customers who happen to maybe not live anywhere near a high-volume dealer?

Anyway, can't change things now. It won't happen again.