Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 12-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE M6
Borla ataks or SW redline NPP exhaust?

So looking for a new catback. Love the stock NPP exhaust and the crackle and pops it makes but it's time to make it louder. I want to keep the functional valves too. I'm just stuck between these 2 the borla atak axle back with the NPP function and then get their mid pipes or go with the full catback from SW the redline series. Anyone have any advice? I've listened to them 100 times on YouTube but still haven't heard them in person.
Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Im in a similar spot with my 19 ZL1 / LE . I was leaning towards axleback since I dont want to remove any of the cats ( secondary ) til I get further along with my warranty. The Borla axle backs are 2.75in pipes. The Borla catback was 3in. atleast for my ZL1 it was. My goal was to buy the axleback, run it for awhile, then couple it too a catback system. I reached out to Borla and they confimed that due to the sizing there axleback wouldnt connect to there 3in. catback system. So, I would basically have to sell the axleback and buy the complete 3in catback from Borla, that made zero sense to me. Im pretty sure SWorks catback deletes the secondary cats. So, currently in my case, Im going to probably go with the SWorks axleback for now, or maybe the AWE axleback if I can get past not having the NPP. In your case with a SS, the situation with Borla might be different, but, I dont think so.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
I like my setup. It's insane at WOT but easy enough to keeping quiet. Zero drone.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:47 AM   #4
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE M6
What about the AFE catback? Anyone have that npp setup?
Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:25 AM   #5
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Here comes kropscamaro...

I’ll second the Borla setup. I love mine. I should have skipped the midpipes though.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:43 AM   #6
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Inhave the attack..to raspy with no cats ..i wish i woulda got the sport
Old 01-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #7
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
We usually recommend to get a set of long tube headers first. They'll add volume to the stock NPP exhaust and might be ideal without spending a ton of cash. You also get to add some nice power and if you decide it's not loud enough you can always add an exhaust down the road. If you spend big money on an exhaust first and then add headers you might find its to loud.

If I was just going for an exhaust I would probably go with the Stainless Works Redline system. They sound amazing and retain the NPP. It's top quality stuff (304 stainless with superior welds) and it's kind of a small niche company that isn't as main stream as Borla. They spend more time engineering it for sound and combating drone.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #8
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Been driving with the No Cats, headers, and Stock exhaust for 2 years now, My Cat back Borla Atak CF tips system showed up yesterday..

The setup sounded pretty good but I noticed my wife's car was quieter on the hwy just cruising (headers and ATak, no cats) of course it's way louder on the throttle than mine was to I really like that every time she is on it heads turn!

So since her car was the R&D car they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse.. will be supporting Headers and cat back atak on both cars now!

I helped a friend put Corsa on his car and I've seen several AWE systems.. I really like the Borla a lot.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #9
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
The SW redline is still fairly new so can't comment on it. I personally have the Borla Ataks catback (Except the ZL1 variant on an SS). I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Borla. No cabin drone and it screams up top. The only possible downside I can think of is the 'stealth' mode isn't very stealthy and down the road when I add headers I believe it's not very effective at all in keeping the volume down according to some other users.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:38 AM   #10
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
i went with SW npp Axle back and TSP headers. love it
Old 01-30-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Both are great quality options but for situation I would recommend a SW long system and stock NPP.

Feel free to give us a call, we'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

-Sean
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #12
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystonemedical View Post
Im in a similar spot with my 19 ZL1 / LE . I was leaning towards axleback since I dont want to remove any of the cats ( secondary ) til I get further along with my warranty. The Borla axle backs are 2.75in pipes. The Borla catback was 3in. atleast for my ZL1 it was. My goal was to buy the axleback, run it for awhile, then couple it too a catback system. I reached out to Borla and they confimed that due to the sizing there axleback wouldnt connect to there 3in. catback system. So, I would basically have to sell the axleback and buy the complete 3in catback from Borla, that made zero sense to me. Im pretty sure SWorks catback deletes the secondary cats. So, currently in my case, Im going to probably go with the SWorks axleback for now, or maybe the AWE axleback if I can get past not having the NPP. In your case with a SS, the situation with Borla might be different, but, I dont think so.

Yea full cat back is 3" but piece it together is 2 and 3/4 more-over is you want the 60608 in your 2 and 3/4 system you have to buy it separately and to replace the center pipe section making a complete system with twin center resonators expensive. Yes I understand the 60608 is to calm down the louder systems that is already on the car. But for old people I want the touring AND the 60608... just saying.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 01-30-2020 at 08:45 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote