Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #15
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
im 6ft tall and its hard to see over the hood i agree especially while parking about a month after getting my lip installed i pulled up too far and cracked the underpart fun stuff lol
Old 12-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #16
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
I just installed some curb feelers and they work great. Get lots of compliments at Bingo Night.

Old 12-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #17
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Try driving a 3" lifted Colorado - you cannot see any corner of that truck whatsoever. You just learn where it is through experience.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #18
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Try driving a 3" lifted Colorado - you cannot see any corner of that truck whatsoever. You just learn where it is through experience.

but its a lifted truck so its normal to just plow stuff over lol i remember my buddy had a full coilover long travel ranger in high school he just used to jump curbs and go over medians like no big deal haha
Old 12-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #19
c4racer

that is true!
Old 12-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #20
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
No you don't understand. At slow speed when going around curbing at drive throughs or any obstacles it's hard to see the road directly in front of me.
I notice a lot of people "cut the corner" when they turn, whether it's at an intersection in the road or in a parking lot. For some reason, they turn the car as much as possible and try to make a straight-line to the corner. This is how you clip bumpers/ground effects and overshoot into the other lane, as well as when making a u-turn going over the curb/sidewalk because you couldn't make the turn radius. People don't follow the natural arc of a circle. When it's an intersection, you go FORWARD first, then start turning, rather than trying to make that straight line. When it's U-turn, you go into the intersection to give yourself more space, then bring it around, rather than try to turn immediately. In parking lots I have to be careful to not do just this, try to turn too quickly, that way I can avoid curbs and obstacles. Once you "train" yourself to do this, it's no longer a big deal.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #21
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I notice a lot of people "cut the corner" when they turn, whether it's at an intersection in the road or in a parking lot. For some reason, they turn the car as much as possible and try to make a straight-line to the corner. This is how you clip bumpers/ground effects and overshoot into the other lane, as well as when making a u-turn going over the curb/sidewalk because you couldn't make the turn radius. People don't follow the natural arc of a circle. When it's an intersection, you go FORWARD first, then start turning, rather than trying to make that straight line. When it's U-turn, you go into the intersection to give yourself more space, then bring it around, rather than try to turn immediately. In parking lots I have to be careful to not do just this, try to turn too quickly, that way I can avoid curbs and obstacles. Once you "train" yourself to do this, it's no longer a big deal.
And actually this is where driving a long wheelbase truck can help make this more natural so you don't really think about it when driving your Camaro!!