Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-20-2019, 11:07 PM   #1
TXFIFTYSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
GM OEM Illuminated Bowtie: Some worthy tips

So while I’m extremely handy and mechanically inclined, I still chose to read the GM instructions and browsed the install threads on this, but I found a couple things worth mentioning that I didn’t see (or may have overlooked).

No need to remove the fascia, this has been said. Access can be gained by removing the metal support plate, this has been said. Bending over the hood latch helps to remove said metal plate, this has been said. BUT...if anyone is OCD/anal/meticulous like me and don’t want to wrestle this metal plate and risk scratching ANYTHING, I chose to unbolt the hood latch assembly (2 bolts) and let it drop/hang out of the way. The bolts are a little tricky getting in and out, but not impossible and worth the extra few minutes and extra step to removing the plate with ease. You’re welcome. Lol

Secondly...as for unplugging the factory DRL harness and connecting the new jumper harness, it has been said that access can be made by turning the wheel to the left. While I did do this and I did turn it as far as I could to the left, it is much easier to remove the wheel. It gives you so much more room to work. Yes another extra step, but I feel more comfortable having the extra room so I don’t mangle up my arms and hands and so I can efficiently do the job without working “blindly”. You’re welcome.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
i installed illuminated bowtie couple days back. Harness is attached to side marker or DRL? side marker harness is also same size, so i attached to it and it works fine.
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote