Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2019, 03:32 PM   #15
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY01Z28 View Post
I got a camaro with 199k on it no issues and I got a Colorado with 164k on it and ive put a thermostat and brakes tires on it that's it.
What type and year Camaro?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #16
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I think Consumer Reports has agendas and biases. I don't trust them at all.
Agreed!
Years ago when were car shopping I would consult them and they always seemed to bang Chevrolets. They panned the Astrovan and we bought it anyways. We used it for daily driving and it hauled a lot of stuff for 15 or 20 years and 237,000 trouble-free miles.

FYI, we are dyed in the wool Chevrolet drivers - since 1983 we've bought 11 new (4 still in service) for a total of over 1.5 million miles. The only OEM parts that failed were a fuel pump, a water pump and an electric trunk latch.
Bow tie till I die.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yeah I don't get it. It has to be due to the 8 speed TC issues (which is not really in use in all Camaro's anymore anyways). If it wasn't for the 8 speed issues in the prior few years for Camaro and Colorado's, I'd consider them both to be very reliable. The manual Camaros seems to be very reliable.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
fake news...probably related to CNN.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #19
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Cumsumer Reports rag-mag.
They hate Chevrolets.

As stated; "Fake news probably related to CNN"....I could not have said it better.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #20
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Just out of curiosity what problems do GEN 6 Camaros suffer from? I heard of one guy who had a stock S and from my understanding he had lifter issues that took out the cam or something like that. Otherwise they're pretty reliable cars as far as I know.

Look at Mustang. There have been quite a few with motors making terrible noises, and the MT82 is a POS, the Voodoo motor burns oil like a mofo. Not that they're a bad car, but these are well documented issues. I don't know of a big trouble area for the Camaro.

For as good as Toyota is supposed to be I've seen a lot of them with serious issue. I've know 2 different Lexus ES300 owners that need new motors before 150k, and one had less than 120k. That's just a fancy Camry. There was what looked like a new Tacoma broken down in the left lane of I-26 a few weeks back. Had a flatbed getting ready to load it up. Had the interstate all messed up. I'm sure in general Toyota's are good cars, but so are most mainstream manufacturers cars. At the same time you can get a lemon from any of them. And claim Camaro and Colorado to be less reliable than cars from companies like BMW is BS IMHO.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #21
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I have an online subscription to CR. I fill out an annual automotive survey and give my Camaro perfect scores because I have had no problems in 2 years. But it would be VERY easy for someone (or a company) to set up numerous online accounts for the sole purpose of skewing product ratings. I know this is a major issue with Amazon's product ratings, and has a major effect on sale quantities.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #22
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
fake news...probably related to CNN.
Exactly! But maybe we could start our own CNN...the Camaro News Network!
Old 11-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #23
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Didn't see any specific information about how they collected the reliability data. I don't really trust Consumer reports anyway. I'd love to see the "data" here.
Usually CR is based on customer "complaints". Which can be basically anything.

I'd suspect there's a whole lot of A8 related complaints helping to make up that score. I bet the Silverado isn't too far away from those scores..
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #24
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
For as good as Toyota is supposed to be I've seen a lot of them with serious issue. I've know 2 different Lexus ES300 owners that need new motors before 150k, and one had less than 120k. That's just a fancy Camry. There was what looked like a new Tacoma broken down in the left lane of I-26 a few weeks back. Had a flatbed getting ready to load it up. Had the interstate all messed up. I'm sure in general Toyota's are good cars, but so are most mainstream manufacturers cars. At the same time you can get a lemon from any of them. And claim Camaro and Colorado to be less reliable than cars from companies like BMW is BS IMHO.

I remember my dad's toyota t100 got the engine sludge issue at ~60000mi, but they actually did repair it for free, but it was still surprising since he had recently joined the church of japanese car reliability when he swore off GM after bad 80's vehicles.

The most unreliable car i've had in my life was a acura. But, I still think japanese car are generally more reliable. Just, the difference isn't as great as people think. There's also quite a bit of variation within a model that often doesn't get captured. My old bmw 128i was actually quite reliable, but the ratings will lump it in with turbo charged 135i.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #25
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
But, I still think japanese car are generally more reliable. Just, the difference isn't as great as people think.
I think a lot of this 'foreign cars are higher quality' is more perception than reality. Honda or Toyota owners who have quality issues automatically think that their problem is obviously the exception because everyone knows those cars are built better. And a lot of domestic owners have a minor problem and the default attitude is 'what else would you expect, it's an American car.'

Keep in mind, Honda, Toyota, BMW, etc. have been building cars in the US for the last 20 plus years with American labor. More importantly, no car manufacturer makes the parts that go into their cars, those are mostly designed and built by independent parts suppliers that are supplying parts to ALL manufacturers, foreign and domestic. I used to work in the industry and have gone on numerous part supplier plant tours where I was shown 'Here is our GM assembly cell, here is our Ford line, here's Honda's, there's Nissan.... ' all under the same roof.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #26
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
I've never ever and never will trust or take the words or writing's of consumer reports, they have been and will always be anti American against GM- Ford- and Chrysler made products . That also goes for KBB , there always putting the screws to the consumer for under pricing all makes of vehicles.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #27
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
I remember my dad's toyota t100 got the engine sludge issue at ~60000mi, but they actually did repair it for free, but it was still surprising since he had recently joined the church of japanese car reliability when he swore off GM after bad 80's vehicles.

The most unreliable car i've had in my life was a acura. But, I still think japanese car are generally more reliable. Just, the difference isn't as great as people think. There's also quite a bit of variation within a model that often doesn't get captured. My old bmw 128i was actually quite reliable, but the ratings will lump it in with turbo charged 135i.
For-real I had a 95 Acura Integra GSR that had some busted piston rings. It burnt oil like it was going out of style. I started looking for a new car and found a low mileage 99 Roush Mustang Stage 2 for a nice price. On my way to take the GSR to the dealer to get it appraised and trade it in on the Roush one of the cylinders went out. It's like "are you kidding me?" That car didn't even have 125K on it. I nursed it to the dealership and they gave me $1000 for it on the trade. This was in 2004 I believe. That Roush was my first muscle car. Lol
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #28
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Can’t say that I’ve had any cars that I’d label ‘unreliable’. Certainly not any Camaro I’ve owned in the past.

The car that I’ve had the most issues with, would have been my 06’ GTO. If it wasn’t one thing with that car, it was another.