Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: What days are you planning to attend
Friday 6 66.67%
Saturday 9 100.00%
Sunday 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #43
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
We haven’t updated this thread in a few weeks. No doubt there is interest in attending by many. Here are a few things we continue to look at. The Dragon itself is open as is the Deal’s Gap motorcycle filling station, Dragon BBQ Pit and the Killboy shop. There are restrictions further East in NC but none of it impacts the TN side. My understanding is there are Police checkpoints East of the Tapoco Resort.

There is a similar checkpoint between TN and NC on the Cherohala limiting traffic into NC. That being said as we get closer if the rally continues as planned some may have to plan accordingly to get in and out of Sweetwater.

We have roughly 6 weeks left and our goal is to keep everyone informed and have a safe enjoyable experience to help people get their mind off the current situation. We encourage everyone to do what they are comfortable with. Be safe everyone.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:26 AM   #44
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Ummm, Graham County is basically closed for the duration. If you are on the TN side, this won't have a lot of impact, but if you were planning on staying in Robbinsville...

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/lo...a-ff15472898d6

https://grahamcounty.org/

https://wlos.com/news/local/graham-c...tions-in-place

Graham County has 0 (zero) cases of the Chinese War Virus and they have all intentions of keeping it that way.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:35 PM   #45
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
the Chinese War Virus
Blue_6.2, I like your wording for this sh*t a$$ virus.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #46
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Blue_6.2, I like your wording for this sh*t a$$ virus.
With a big Made in China label on it!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #47
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Graham County is going to ease up on entry restrictions at this time.

http://grahamcounty.org/wp-content/u...County-NC-.pdf
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #48
Nucdancer01

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZL1 1LE
That's good news
Nucdancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #49
crossroaddemons

Good news for once. As we get closer to the dates of the rally I wanted to keep everyone informed. Event coordinators and myself have decided to move forward as originally planned.

Check point barriers have been removed on the Cherohala and other roads in NC. This is a major portion of Saturday’s run so having the skyway reopen is great news. Residents ask that travelers do not stop in a Graham Cty other than for fuel etc. Please be respectful of their decision. This may affect those coming from that direction.

The Dragon as well as Foothills Pkwy are open as well. Thanks to the support of Killboy.com for keeping us informed. The Dragon has remained open from the TN side all along. We will be running the Dragon both days but more time on Friday in both directions. The BBQ pit and Killboy are both open.

There is a poll on the Facebook event page. We are working with A&R BBQ to supply lunch on Saturday. Brisket sandwich, chips and soda for $10. If you would like to take advantage of the food option please send me a private message and list how many lunches you need. Options of bringing your own food on the rally exist as well. We just want to keep everyone informed.

Tshirts to commemorate the event were too hard to iron out as we were unsure of the event taking place. Plans to offer a video compilation are still available. Drivers who wish to include some of their own footage can forward clips and stills to me after the event. I will be providing a Google Drive email for sharing. Cost for final video production tbd as the original package deal including shirts needs to be modified.

Holiday Inn Suites of Sweetwater TN is our host hotel. Discounted rates are available by calling them and mentioning you are with Eastern Tennessee Street Rods. Only the pool and breakfast offerings are closed. Plan accordingly based on this information.

We will be posting some additional info over the next few days. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. With everything else being cancelled we hope this is a memorable experience to help take your mind off the pandemic. Event coordinators will be listing some tips you can use to safeguard your stay and make for a safe and healthy time.

Stay tuned.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:08 AM   #50
crossroaddemons

Here is the link to the event page again in case anyone doesn’t have it bookmarked.

https://m.facebook.com/events/284590...&source=result
Old 04-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #51
crossroaddemons

Here is a glimpse of Saturday’s run. Food and fuel stops along with turn by turn directions coming shortly.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2020, 08:14 AM   #52
crossroaddemons

Sorry for checking in again but as the date draws near we are working with local food vendors to provide an optional meal on Saturday to make the rally more seamless. $10 for a brisket sandwich, chips and soda. Please tell me whether you wish to participate. I need a total by 5/4. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #53
crossroaddemons

Saturday’s Itinerary. All cars are expected to be at Holiday Inn Sweetwater ready to depart in groups by 9AM. Lunch will be at the base of the Fontana Dam around 12:30-1:00. Final destination in Wears Valley around 4:30-5:00.
There is time to run the Dragon in both directions before heading to Foothills Pkwy as well.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Holi...9785!3e0?hl=en
Old 05-07-2020, 08:05 AM   #54
crossroaddemons

Here is Friday’s route. Tons of time on the Dragon and Moonshiner’s 28

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Holi...=en&shorturl=1
Old 05-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #55
Nucdancer01

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZL1 1LE
I just wanted to take a few moments to express how much I truly appreciated the effort that went into planning and coordinating this event. I think it progressed very rapidly past the expected turn-out due to CFest being cancelled, yet our hosts were up to the challenge.

Friday's event was perfect. There was a good mix of talent (probably 30-35 cars), the groups really helped people acclimate to a group ride (if you've never done one before, it is quite different than just cruising!) Traffic was minimal, and you were really able to ride YOUR ride, as opposed to being limited by congestion.

Saturday, IMO, was a little too crowded - not the event (maybe 120 cars??) - the other enthusiasts on the Dragon/surrounding areas, but that is to be expected if you have ever traveled these roads when the weather is so nice. There were a lot of people that showed up for Saturday's ride, that did not attend any of the driver's meetings. I understand that not everyone could come in the day before, but please ask when you arrive. It'll help reduce some of the congestion, and ensure you are in the most appropriate grouping.

I could not stay for Sunday's ride. Which is a real shame, as I really love the Devil's Triangle.

Separate from the recap, the FB page really has a lot of the photos, but you can also see a "camaro" page on killboy.com, for Friday/Saturday's events.

I want to finish with a strong THANK YOU to both Bill and Rob Ross.

Rob, you handled the event with strong leadership that was never domineering. You were able to herd most of the cats with great selflessness, moving along to take pictures even though some of the groups didn't follow the planned travel paths. Being able to get so many strong personalities headed in the right direction while keeping a lighthearted personality was perfect.

If you ever need anything from me in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

I look forward to continuing this new tradition, thanks again!

-Jeremy Nichols
Nucdancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #56
crossroaddemons

To Jeremy Nichols, I must say that your presence and commentary will resonate for me. I share the same thoughts about Friday and Saturday. Though we had a plan in place we had to deal with a few curve balls and to your point, communication, cooperation and flexibility were key. I was bummed not everyone got to ride both directions Saturday but as you said the turnout was overwhelming from the thousands of people who swarmed there over the course of the day.

I have always felt I possessed strong leadership skill and always kept the participants safety in mind. My goal was to ensure every person experienced everything we could show them. Sights, sounds, food, photo ops, memorabilia, cruising and at times pushing themselves and their cars! My goal was to deliver on that promise. As part of that my mission was to keep the freight train moving and get everyone on the same page. Reading your comments reminded me of our photo op at the Dam Friday. 35 cars and everyone wanting to take a picture. I felt the need to step in and ask everyone to migrate away from their car for just 5 minutes while people captured photos. The pics came out awesome with no one’s door open or people in the photos.

Thank you for understanding what drove my actions. We made some mistakes and the event will be more organized in the future with fewer issues. Despite the shortcomings I need to focus on the fact that the vast majority never even noticed the minor stuff that I alone was observant of and so with all the positive feedback I feel proud of what we accomplished. It was a day my wife and I will not soon forget.