Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #29
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I have read several posts above about the Nittos being garbage. Really? I have a stock ZL1 and I replaced my worn out GY at 7500 miles with set of Nittos. I have the stock 285/30ZR20 size in the front and 315/30ZR20 in the rear. After having an alignment done, my car drives great. Granted the GY stuck a little better when it is warm and dry out. But the wet performance of these tires and the cold weather performance are an order of magnitude better than the stock ones were.

I have yet to track this car and I now have 17k miles on it.

Anyway, I have no complaints with these tires. They work totally fine for daily driving to and from work and are way less nerve wracking in the rain.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #30
impulse

Drives: Big Dually ... RIP ZL1
I have all season on my ZL1.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:23 PM   #31
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I have read several posts above about the Nittos being garbage. Really? I have a stock ZL1 and I replaced my worn out GY at 7500 miles with set of Nittos. I have the stock 285/30ZR20 size in the front and 315/30ZR20 in the rear. After having an alignment done, my car drives great. Granted the GY stuck a little better when it is warm and dry out. But the wet performance of these tires and the cold weather performance are an order of magnitude better than the stock ones were.

I have yet to track this car and I now have 17k miles on it.

Anyway, I have no complaints with these tires. They work totally fine for daily driving to and from work and are way less nerve wracking in the rain.

As I said, my N555G2's work well in the turns and track steady and smooth under hard acceleration. My only complaint is they don't seem to hook well on launch (on the street). I have not heated them up, so this could very well be the reason
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:11 AM   #32
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Smile

I have r888r toyo tires on the back and oem on the front. I too noticed the problem that you speak of. I switched tires sides and still a bit wonky. I am now selling my R888R with only 500miles on them and getting the OEM back on it!! Lessons learned there. So anyone need some tires?
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #33
ExorsistzL1

Drives: 2018 zl1 10 speed
The TCM light came on randomly at low speeds with the nt05r the height for 20s gave the sensors trouble i thought it was the wiring harness so i relocated it inside but it still was acting up and the car felt like it was floating around in the rear. With the r888rs i went with the OEM hight just wider and its fine now except for the humming ...
ExorsistzL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #34
malvada

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Good news.

I decided to replace all four tires since my front tires were in a really bad shape as well.

All the issues are gone, the car is driving perfectly just like when I bought it. I'm so happy.

Also, the alignment was off. I think it was a mix of a few different things. But one lesson I will remember is to not mix different tires on the car.

Thanks for your guys help
malvada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:58 PM   #35
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I have all season on my ZL1.
The HOROR!

Which ones?

If I get a ZL1 I might do that right away & store the stockers.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nt555, tires, zl1