Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #15
Monte1

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE Black
X2 on that, I went through this the beginning of October, ythey advertise 1 price and basically none of us meet all the qualifications for the rebates, had a deal which was good with had paperwork texted over to ok, (bought the car at a dealership over 500 miles from me) had $1500 in add-ons and tried to add a oil change program as well, it's amazing how many scumbags try to scam us.
Monte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #16
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
My 2018 was 36k with all incentives, I went out the door 38k. Traded a GTO so I didnt get the conquest discount. Assuming you qualify for all other discounts it shouldn't be too bad out the door.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:16 AM   #17
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
If it were me (and it was), I would go there and talk to them about what you are willing to give them for the car and stop asking about the incentives.

When I bought my car they were running the $2k conquest discount, and their site showed all the discounts and such like yours is. I just asked them if they would take their imaginary advertised price for the car since that is what they are advertising that they will take.

When it was all said and done, since I had a dealer that would do the deal (was $38080 - car was pretty much no options other than a hood stripe kit), I was then able to shop around for the color car I wanted. I had another dealer willing to do the same deal on the same car but it was white (1st was Nightfall), and in the end I found HyperBlue with a PDR (I just offered the delta on the options on top of the $38080 which came to $39,700). The deal took about 20 minutes over the phone.

You need to be in a position to buy a car. That means no trade, no financing at the dealer.

If you need to get out of a loan on a previous car, do that first and do it outside of the dealership.

Second, if you need to borrow money, then do it with a local credit union and go buy the car like its cash. Capital One actually has some fair rates, can get approved / do the whole loan online in a few minutes, and every dealer takes their money.

If you are trading at the dealer and financing at the dealer, you will loose all opportunity to make a fair offer on the new car. They will act like they are doing you some kind of favor by screwing you on both.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #18
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
"The new vehicle internet Sale Price includes rebates, incentives and dealer discounts. Price plus freight, tax, tags and a $300 dealer processing fee. Price includes a $2000 dealer discount for utilizing dealer arranged financing.Some vehicles may have additional equipment that will raise the pricing such as lift kits. "

$2k discount for financing through them..
If that's the case the 2K they're giving is going to be offset in a shitty interest rate and they'll get their 2K back in the life of the loan.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #19
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Nope. Gotta be a new model mustang
No it doesn't. It can be any model year Mustang.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #20
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
No it doesn't. It can be any model year Mustang.
Does it even have to be traded in? My dealer just asked if any family member currently owned a Mustang.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #21
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
If that's the case the 2K they're giving is going to be offset in a shitty interest rate and they'll get their 2K back in the life of the loan.
They can try that.

I always suggest knowing what interest rate a buyer qualifies for before going in. PenFed is a great option or local CUs. If you are pre-approved for that, let the dealer match or beat it.

At any interest rate they give you, they are making money by arranging the financing.. but some shady dealers might try to screw someone with a much higher rate if the buyer isn't prepared.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #22
SB1LE

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS/1LE (HB) '17 SS (OB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I wish that was true.
It's a matter of fact at not only my local dealership, but plenty of other dealerships in the Midwest & mid-Atlantic... Check Autotrader.com

I'm a firm believer in knowing the facts before I open my mouth or post information. If I didn't already have the facts, I never would've posted my initial remarks.

If you have a good relationship with your dealership, they surely will price match & locate a suitable vehicle for you. If not, I'd look for another Chevy dealer.

The discount, obviously, applies only to in-stock units.
SB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #23
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Does it even have to be traded in? My dealer just asked if any family member currently owned a Mustang.
Nope. Just have to show proof of ownership. Must be registered at the same address as the new car though.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #24
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1LE View Post
It's a matter of fact at not only my local dealership, but plenty of other dealerships in the Midwest & mid-Atlantic... Check Autotrader.com

I'm a firm believer in knowing the facts before I open my mouth or post information. If I didn't already have the facts, I never would've posted my initial remarks.

If you have a good relationship with your dealership, they surely will price match & locate a suitable vehicle for you. If not, I'd look for another Chevy dealer.

The discount, obviously, applies only to in-stock units.
These have been discounted for quite awhile, if not forever. Certainly I've never seen anyone even suggest paying sticker for one. It has nothing to do with the 19 appearance. Granted I wasn't shopping for 2017s but 2018s were basically invoice minus incentives pretty much everywhere. 19s are no different. Maybe the first few to arrive actually went for more than your stated discount.. but generally.. no... they just all get heavily discounted. Assuming the "emergency refresh" does happen (has there even been confirmation of that? vs just some articles online?) they will sell for just as cheap as any other.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #25
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
If you are trading at the dealer and financing at the dealer, you will loose all opportunity to make a fair offer on the new car. They will act like they are doing you some kind of favor by screwing you on both.
My experience in this regard couldn't have been anymore opposite than what you're describing. I traded in my R, which had a front end accident and got high end trade in value for it. I also picked up my 1LE for $40K+TTL which is a more than fair price IMO. The car was advertised at $44995.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #26
SB1LE

Quote:
These have been discounted for quite awhile, if not forever. Certainly I've never seen anyone even suggest paying sticker for one. It has nothing to do with the 19 appearance. Granted I wasn't shopping for 2017s but 2018s were basically invoice minus incentives pretty much everywhere. 19s are no different. Maybe the first few to arrive actually went for more than your stated discount.. but generally.. no... they just all get heavily discounted. Assuming the "emergency refresh" does happen (has there even been confirmation of that? vs just some articles online?) they will sell for just as cheap as any other.
2018 SS, especially 1LE, units were on the lot @ sticker minus incentives last fall... This fall, however, some dealers are offering additional discounts because of that new SS front fascia. In addition, my local dealership has ordered fewer for stock, as they are not as desirable & they are awaiting the emergency refresh, which is happening, so there will be 2 different front end treatments of '19 SS Camaros.

While I appreciate & respect everyone's opinions, I find it humorous that folks wish to argue with facts. Everything stated by me in this thread comes from Chevrolet dealership personnel. I don't post information that isn't factual.

Just because your local dealership isn't operating like mine & others certainly doesn't mean better discounts aren't being offered on the '19 SS with hideous front fascia.

My posts have been made in an effort to help others save money & to have a point of reference for saving on the '19 SS. I have no vested interest in sharing false information. I know what I've seen & what I've been told, as I have been assisting friends in possible purchases.

Again, it's all about the local dealership & even one's relationship with dealership personnel. I would suggest that anyone in the market talk to their local dealer about a better price for any '19 SS.

I got the GM discount (GMS) + retail incentives on my 2018 2SS/1LE in September, as Dad retired from General Motors. The 2SS/1LE & other 2SS models on the lot were advertised at sticker minus incentives. However, the two '19 SS models that arrived not long after were marked down from sticker & were incentive-eligible to boot.

For the record, I've been purchasing new GM cars since I was old enough to drive, I've helped numerous friends & acquaintances do the same, so I know a thing or two about what's realistic & what's possible.

Last edited by SB1LE; 12-05-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #27
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1LE View Post
2018 1LE
What's your point? I was only talking about 1LE cars, I never tried to buy a normal SS.

Too many cars.. never.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #28
SB1LE

Quote:
What's your point? I was only talking about 1LE cars, I never tried to buy a normal SS.
My point?

I had several, but to be brief, you're incorrect about the discount on '19 models with soon-to-be revised front fascia. In addition, just because you haven't experienced what someone else is sharing doesn't make the other person wrong.

Have a nice evening.