Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2016, 04:01 AM   #1
juju86

Drives: Camaro SS
Rear deck rattle

Hello, I have rattles from the rear deck. It's not happened all the time, and it's not coming from the baby seat protections. Does anybody have the same issue and fix it?

Thanks
juju86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #2
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Same issue here but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I have noticed that it got worse the more I used the trunk. Wondering if the pressure made something loose.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #3
tone228

Drives: 2SS
I get the rattle from the rear deck as well. It's random. Comes and goes.
tone228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hey everyone,

We see you have been experiencing intermittent rattles in the rear deck of your Camaros. If you are interested in visiting your local dealership for diagnosis and would like an additional layer of assistance, feel free to send us a message. We are always happy to assist the best way possible.

Best,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 01-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
Lashu74
Lashu74

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Is the rattle an option...since its right next to where the baby seat would go...maybe that's what the dealer will tell you...lol jk I understand this is def frustrating too many issues with these new cars! Another layer of assistance means after you schedule an appointment with the dealer she will call the dealer and let them know you are coming...at least that's what they did for me...when I got to the dealer and inquired the service manager said yeah I think somebody called...Sweet! Maybe it has something to do with that ultra thin piece of hardboard covered with carpet they use that doesn't seem to set in the opening properly.
Lashu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #6
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
I know there is another thread on this, but the common problem is a small component that snaps into the rear parcel shelf pops loose and rattles. If you look up underneath dead center you'll see a large oval hole, and just forward of that is the module with one hook tab and two snap tabs protruding through. You can just reach on top of it to snap it back in. I added some blobs of black silicone to hold mine.

This took care of most of it. The rest of it could be eliminated by pushing up on the panel above through that large oval hole. So I cut a rectangle of very dense white shipping foam to the width of the hole but slightly longer, and slightly thicker than the gaps between the panels, and slipped it in there. All rear deck rattles are gone now. Hope this helps.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote